ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink -- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324583)

Simply Red 08-21-2019 02:55 PM

-- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America

This has been all over the web and the radio this week. Definitely want to try one, soon!

"The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America" from The New Yorker

Article

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/TTCmOoo" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/TTCmOoo"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also RB doing a side-by-side vs Chick Fil A

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9-exROcuLp8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hydrae 08-21-2019 02:57 PM

I don't know what he ordered but my son went through a Popeyes drive thru a couple of days ago. 5 cars in front of him, took 30 minutes from pulling into the line to getting his food. No food is worth that kind of wait!

Titty Meat 08-21-2019 03:00 PM

You seem nice

WhiteWhale 08-21-2019 03:00 PM

I'm literally eating one of these RIGHT NOW.

They're good AF

DJ's left nut 08-21-2019 03:01 PM

Both of the Popeye's in Columbia are saying they don't have the equipment/supplies to make them yet.

So !@#$ you very much, Popeye's. I was fired up to try one of these things.

New World Order 08-21-2019 03:06 PM

I went to Popeyes last week.

It was fab-u-lous

Simply Red 08-21-2019 03:07 PM

I don't agree with a bunch of Review Brah's take on these - I know his item of distinction between the too is the mayo and that the Chick Fil A is less messy. I bet you that Popeyes is better.

Simply Red 08-21-2019 03:08 PM

although it was a funny review.

Titty Meat 08-21-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14403923)
Both of the Popeye's in Columbia are saying they don't have the equipment/supplies to make them yet.

So !@#$ you very much, Popeye's. I was fired up to try one of these things.

Spare me your tears you can have White Castle whenever you want

Baby Lee 08-21-2019 03:25 PM

Popeyes has now surpassed Church's for personal inconvenience.

That's not to say I don't like it, just that a couple of the more convenient locations have closed down, and now purely in terms of convenience for takeout chicken, the order is Lee's, then KFC, then Raising Cane's/Chick-Fil-A [tie], then Church's, then Popeyes.

And at this point, if I'm in the mood for chicken sufficient to go out of my way as much as the fast-food places demand, I'll just buck up and head to Southern for a real meal. Or if I'm being cheap, I'll get a roaster from Costco/Sam's.

Easy 6 08-21-2019 03:26 PM

That guy is really perfecting his schtick, you can hear it in the increased confidence of his banter and see it in the smoothed out mannerisms

Hats off to him, a very smart kid in his own way

It was a fair review as well... both are quite good, but ones slightly better

Baby Lee 08-21-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14403951)
That guy is really perfecting his schtick, you can hear it in the increased confidence of his banter and see it in the smoothed out mannerisms

Hats off to him, a very smart kid in his own way

It was a fair review as well... both are quite good, but ones slightly better

Like how his Ecuadorian gets its own dedicated perch.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-21-2019 03:31 PM

I ate it a couple nights ago. It’s ok. Chic-fil-A’s sandwich is still better though.

Easy 6 08-21-2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14403954)
Like how his Ecuadorian gets its own dedicated perch.

Yep and I bet he is quirky enough to actually OWN that silly thing when it’s on his head

DJ's left nut 08-21-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14403944)
Spare me your tears you can have White Castle whenever you want

White Castle is steamed horse meat.

I have no idea why anyone eats that shit. Apart from breakfast - their breakfast sandwiches are legit.