ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Guesses: Does Berry play Sunday? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320403)

htismaqe 01-15-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14041497)
Why? What's the point? The rust is strong with EB; he's no longer an asset on the field at this point in the season.

Well, unfortunately I can't answer those questions.

I'm just convinced that if there were any doubt about Berry playing, rust or not, they wouldn't have cut a guy that started 12 games and played a significant amount of snaps.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 14041511)
We agree on that point. My concern is that he hasn't finished either game he played in. Are they really just going to trust that he holds up? :shrug:

They obviously are, whether we agree with that or not. I'm honestly shocked they cut Parker.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-15-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14041520)
They obviously are, whether we agree with that or not. I'm honestly shocked they cut Parker.

Why do you automatically equate cutting shitty Ron Parker with starting Berry? Don't they already have a suitable starting replacement playing right now?

Sassy Squatch 01-15-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14041653)
Why do you automatically equate cutting shitty Ron Parker with starting Berry? Don't they already have a suitable starting replacement playing right now?

We run 3 safety sets on defense. We have 3 safeties, not including Berry. You do the math.

TomBarndtsTwin 01-15-2019 03:26 PM

No.

And honestly, why would you want him to at this point?

He’s not in ‘game shape’. The Chiefs defense has been firing on all cylinders the last 2 games. Why change up something that may disrupt that?

They’re better off without him at this point . . . . .

Shiver Me Timbers 01-15-2019 03:27 PM

NO
and
NO

htismaqe 01-15-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14041662)
We run 3 safety sets on defense. We have 3 safeties, not including Berry. You do the math.

Beat me to it.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 14041665)
No.

And honestly, why would you want him to at this point?

He’s not in ‘game shape’. The Chiefs defense has been firing on all cylinders the last 2 games. Why change up something that may disrupt that?

They’re better off without him at this point . . . . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 14041671)
NO
and
NO

Guys, they have Eric Murray, Dan Sorenson, and Jordan Lucas on the roster in addition to Berry. They just cut Ron Parker who played more snaps than ANY OF THEM this season.

Berry is going to play. Either that, or Veach just made one of the dumbest personnel moves in playoff history.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-15-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14041662)

Welp, okay then. But...

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14041675)
Guys, they have Eric Murray, Dan Sorenson, and Jordan Lucas on the roster in addition to Berry. They just cut Ron Parker who played more snaps than ANY OF THEM this season.

Berry is going to play. Either that, or Veach just made one of the dumbest personnel moves in playoff history.

You guys have said repeatedly that Lucas is now "ready to play" and have been singing the praises of the defense since changes were made post-LAC loss. Is it not then possible that much like everyone else at this board, the coaches have determined that Parker is simply expendable? No one was thrilled to have him back after he was cut initially, so you MAY be reading this all wrong.

loochy 01-15-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14041773)
Welp, okay then. But...

You guys have said repeatedly that Lucas is now "ready to play" and have been singing the praises of the defense since changes were made post-LAC loss. Is it not then possible that much like everyone else at this board, the coaches have determined that Parker is simply expendable? No one was thrilled to have him back after he was cut initially, so you MAY be reading this all wrong.

but injuries happen and things would be mighty thin

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-15-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 14041777)
but injuries happen and things would be mighty thin

True.

Sassy Squatch 01-15-2019 04:02 PM

Could've easily cut Benjamin. We seem to be done with that project since he was inactive for the Colts game. At least Parker was active for the Colts game.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-15-2019 04:21 PM

It just sounds to me like the guy was brought back to be a stop-gap, an emergency stop-gap at that in the face of injury, and ended up being the same old liability that got him cut in the first place.
If I recall correctly, Parker's game day set-list at CP included such hits as "Blown Assignments", "Missed Tackles", and "A Whole Lot of Etcetera".

These are not the songs we're looking for.

baitism 01-15-2019 04:23 PM

The way the defense is playing, I see no reason to.