ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game Week 17: KC 35 OAK 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319986)

Jodi's Bareback 12-30-2018 10:58 PM

Bravo!

gblowfish 12-30-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13997971)
GFY. You did this last time with the refrigerator. How many cold December Chiefs games have you been to in your life? But cool that you prioritize streaming a feed and/or DVRing it.

I've had PB on iggy for years. My CP experience has been much better without his bloviating in my feed.

alanm 12-30-2018 11:18 PM

I always look forward to reading 10 Things about today's game. And as always you do a great job. Let's hope I have a enjoyable read on the 12th as well. Thank you George. :clap:

Naptown Chief 12-30-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 13998061)
I always look forward to reading 10 Things about today's game. And as always you do a great job. Let's hope I have a enjoyable read on the 12th as well. Thank you George. :clap:

His 10 things on the 12th will be a thing of beauty, but his thread on the 19th will be divine.

gblowfish 12-31-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13997412)
I don't think that ball to Hill was underthrown. He never broke stride.

I looked at this again this AM, and he was hit in stride, but Hill did slow down just a tad to adjust to the ball. It wasn't a bad throw by any means. Our receivers have learned that Mahomes will throw them open, and it's a beautiful thing.

Marcellus 12-31-2018 09:38 AM

Nice read George! Go Chiefs!

Randallflagg 12-31-2018 09:43 AM

Great read! Happy New Year!!

PHOG 12-31-2018 10:01 AM

Good read. Hope you feel better. Onward to the SHIP! :clap:

gblowfish 12-31-2018 10:05 AM

I was watching Ragland pick and run back. If Justin Houston could have just got a bump on the Oakland tackle #77, it would have been a TD. Houston let up because I think he figured Ragland would out run an offensive lineman. That was the drive where we failed to score inside the five yard line.

Prison Bitch 12-31-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13998006)
Prison Bitch has had a sore spot about Gblowfish ever since that preseason tickets at face value deal. Pretty ****ing funny, actually.

That’s false^. George caught heat from lotsa dudes on that one.

Hey look, you like reading write ups from a guy who admits he doesn’t even watch all the games anymore. That’s fine. (Personally at his age he should be doing more than watching NFL games). But quit acting like he’s NFL Neywork analysis here.

Sassy Squatch 12-31-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13998628)

Hey look, you like reading write ups from a guy who admits he doesn’t even watch all the games anymore. That’s fine. (Personally at his age he should be doing more than watching NFL games). But quit acting like he’s NFL Neywork analysis here.

Who here actually treats it like it's some in depth analysis about the Chiefs? It's just a nice little write up he does that most of the people here seem to enjoy.

GloryDayz 12-31-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13998628)

As we move along in life watching every game might get harder. From work to other commitments, almost everybody has those things that start to take priority over other things. So lighten up a bit man, missing a game here and there doesn't make you less of a fan, it just means you have a very busy life. And in George's case, he proves his loyalty every season when he commits Meesh Meesh to another year of cat food instead of the butcher's special because he has to talk Mrs. Blowfish into those "best in the stadium" season tickets.

George is a God man!

Prison Bitch 12-31-2018 10:42 AM

I just think George knows how this is gonna end, and he’s prepared based on 40 years of this act. And he’s not wrong at all. I’m worn out and I’ve only watched them 30 years.

After Phillis or Luck or Lamar lead them to a 30-26 win here and the shock wears off, and we hear Andy talk about how we “just weren’t good enough today” and Sutton talks about a few “crucial” 3rd downs we just couldn’t get stands on, George will be vindicated.

And yes, I pray I’m wrong.

GloryDayz 12-31-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13998648)
Who here actually treats it like it's some in depth analysis about the Chiefs? It's just a nice little write up he does that most of the people here seem to enjoy.

TBH, if George's 10-Things was published in the paper, I'd be half inclined to subscribe to the print edition.

And I think his 10-Things are read by many of 1 Arrowhead Way's leadership. If not, they're fools.

scho63 12-31-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13997244)
Ten Things About Today’s Game Week 17: Your AFC West Champ KC 35, Homeless Silver And Black Convicts 3

10. Congratulations to the Chiefs winning the AFC West for the third time in a row. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2. So the guys in the locker room are able to put on an AFC West Champs hat for the third year in a row. But those hats mean nothing. History has not been kind to this franchise in Arrowhead in January. We’ve lost to most of the AFC here over the years. We’ve lost multiple playoff games -soul crushing losses- to Denver and Indy. We’ve been screwed over by Pittsburgh. Casshole got bitch slapped by Ray Ray and the Ravens. Marcus Mariota completed a TD pass TO HIMSELF just last year and the Chiefs got shut out in the second half. Grandpa Bob couldn’t hold a 17 point lead. So the ghosts are everywhere waiting to be exorcized. We get two weeks to heal. So please Andy, bring in a Snake Waving Faith Healer and have him lay hands on the feet of Eric Berry and Sammy Watkins. Have him put his hand on Spencer Ware’s shoulder. Have him grab Chris Jones’ groin just to be safe. I don’t know who we’ll be scheming for, but for GOD SAKE, please, a playoff win at Arrowhead. I just need some progress, man.

This is all you needed to write to make the Ten Things perfect. I couldn't agree more. If, and only if, we win some playoff games at Arrowhead will I be 100% on the Chiefs train. I'm about 90% AM now (after Mahomes), up from around 75% BM (before Mahomes). I want that last bit of skepticism gone with some wins!

I'm still battling tonsillitis, sinus infection and cold combo and it's just not quitting so I know your pain this year. It's been freezing here in Scottsdale here the last week, 28-33 degrees in the mornings and mid 50's for a high. Well below normal.

Have a safe and wonderful New Years GB and wish the lovely Mrs GB the same as well along with the two kitties.

Can't wait until the 12th! :clap: