ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So what ‘thing’ will Belichick try and take away from the Chiefs offense? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320554)

notorious 01-17-2019 07:08 PM

If Mahomes hits his deep throws NE is ****ed.

He missed several wide open deep shots the first half last time. Rape will occur if he hits them this week.

FAX 01-17-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14048689)
I think you should be more vague and evasive in the future. It's more fun. ROFL

Fun for you, maybe.

FAX

htismaqe 01-17-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14048712)
Fun for you, maybe.

FAX

Is there any other kind of fun?

FAX 01-17-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 14048710)
Watch the try to take Kelce out and Harris end up with over 100 yards and 2 TD. LMAO

I wish ...

It's such a shame that Harris is such an undependable dumbass with lead feet and concrete paddles for hands.

Why can't we find a good #2 TE, anyhow?

FAX

FAX 01-17-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14048714)
Is there any other kind of fun?

Now that you mention it ...

FAX

htismaqe 01-17-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 14048629)
I bet they come after Mahomes. They aren't usually a blitzing team, but they did it last week to Rivers, and teams have had more success against Mahomes going after him than just sitting back and letting him gut you.

The thing is, they can't sell out like they did against Rivers. They're going to have to have outside contain, particularly to the right because of Patrick's scrambling ability.

I mean, looking at all the possibilities, it looks like a lot of hope. They'll probably play like the Ravens did but do they really have that kind of personnel? Can they run man the entire game and not get gassed?

I think the Chiefs are going to run them off the field if they try that. There's just too many weapons.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-17-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14048711)
If Mahomes hits his deep throws NE is ****ed.

He missed several wide open deep shots the first half last time. Rape will occur if he hits them this week.

Rape will occur.

NE is officially ****ed.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-17-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14048724)
The thing is, they can't sell out like they did against Rivers. They're going to have to have outside contain, particularly to the right because of Patrick's scrambling ability.

I mean, looking at all the possibilities, it looks like a lot of hope. They'll probably play like the Ravens did but do they really have that kind of personnel? Can they run man the entire game and not get gassed?

I think the Chiefs are going to run them off the field if they try that. There's just too many weapons.

This.

NE won't be able to keep up, just from a speed perspective.

I'm not even worried about the offense producing - we scored 40 on them, and that's with not scoring a TD until right before halftime.

Easy 6 01-17-2019 07:17 PM

He will randomly double and even triple Hill, Kelce and Watkins

I see our role players like Williams, Robinson/Conley and Sherman all being relied on to come through

Mahomes will find them, no worries

prhom 01-17-2019 07:20 PM

Kelce. Hill has gotten his yards and scores, but it’s less realistic to actually take him away. Hill doesn’t let us control the clock to the same degree as Kelce. I think Kelce is more important to the offense getting in a rhythm.

FAX 01-17-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14048724)

The Cheaters used Hightower is a kind of spy on Mahomes in the first game. It was a good strategy and it paid off for them. If Wally is right and Mahomes doesn't repeat mistakes, they'll have to find some other way of dealing with Mahomes. (I don't think there is a great answer, frankly.)

To be honest, I wasn't all that thrilled with our o-line play in that first half, though.

But the numbers favor us. The Chiefs have too many weapons. If they bump and run with Tyreek, that's cool because he'll get free a few times (plus, it's difficult to play bump/run against a motion guy). If they try and double Kelce with a d-back (of some sort) and a backer, we have the short pass game with the RB and Sammy "Feets" and YAC. If they play zone, they're toast.

Pressure is the only cure to this offense and that's on the o-line and the scheme that Wally devises. If Mahomes burns them against pressure a few times, they'll be forced to give that up. Personally, I think they'll try and copy the donks' disguised, overloaded blitz package. But if they do that and lose contain, they're double toasted.

I'm more concerned about two things; 1) Can we run the ball N/S with Williams and Ware? and 2) How do we cover the Cheaters' short pass game?

FAX

hinde58 01-17-2019 07:25 PM

Doesn't matter, whoever they try and take away will just let the others feast on the cheaters

prhom 01-17-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14048720)
I wish ...

It's such a shame that Harris is such an undependable dumbass with lead feet and concrete paddles for hands.

Why can't we find a good #2 TE, anyhow?

FAX

TE2 is something I’d like to see us address in the draft this year. I'd like to think we could have an even more potent offense if we had another playmaker who could block for 2 TE sets. We also need to start planning for after Kelce, or at least an older Kelce.

Chris Meck 01-17-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14048750)
The Cheaters used Hightower is a kind of spy on Mahomes in the first game. It was a good strategy and it paid off for them. If Wally is right and Mahomes doesn't repeat mistakes, they'll have to find some other way of dealing with Mahomes. (I don't think there is a great answer, frankly.)

To be honest, I wasn't all that thrilled with our o-line play in that first half, though.

But the numbers favor us. The Chiefs have too many weapons. If they bump and run with Tyreek, that's cool because he'll get free a few times (plus, it's difficult to play bump/run against a motion guy). If they try and double Kelce with a d-back (of some sort) and a backer, we have the short pass game with the RB and Sammy "Feets" and YAC. If they play zone, they're toast.

Pressure is the only cure to this offense and that's on the o-line and the scheme that Wally devises. If Mahomes burns them against pressure a few times, they'll be forced to give that up. Personally, I think they'll try and copy the donks' disguised, overloaded blitz package. But if they do that and lose contain, they're double toasted.

I'm more concerned about two things; 1) Can we run the ball N/S with Williams and Ware? and 2) How do we cover the Cheaters' short pass game?

FAX

1)yes I think so. 2) I think we man up, which disrupts the short game, forcing Brady to hold the ball, where our pass rush will feast.

203Pat 01-17-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmerchief (Post 14048466)
I don’t think he could take Hill out of the Game unless they bracket him with 3 players, and at that, they’d better be extremely fast

That's what I'm worried about. We don't have a ton of speed and he already split the double team for long TD's in October.