ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

Al Bundy 10-27-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055584)
I'm a Royals and Chiefs fan man... do you think I'm concerned with winning?

Join me... be a Golden State Warriors fan. They actually have several good pieces in place, especially if Andrew Bogut can get and stay healthy.

okcchief 10-27-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9055697)
Join me... be a Golden State Warriors fan. They actually have several good pieces in place, especially if Andrew Bogut can get and stay healthy.

That's a pretty big IF :)

ChiefsCountry 10-27-2012 11:58 PM

Unless LeBron gets hurt he will championships until Durant turns 28. That is when the torch will pass.

KC_Connection 10-28-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9055622)
How the hell did you forget that? Nash and Pau running the pick and roll had me concerned before Howard even came into the picture.

I guess I just found him easy to forget with the other three big names and with Lakers fans always hating on him even though he won them a championship.

NJChiefsFan 10-28-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055758)
I guess I just found him easy to forget with the other three big names and with Lakers fans always hating on him even though he won them a championship.

Sounds like A Rod. I wasn't fully sure where he went either when I went on a 2 month NBA hiatus. The fact that people thought he would be pissed after the almost trade makes you feel he was gone. Add to that getting Howard and its easy to have thought he was on his way out.

the Talking Can 10-28-2012 12:15 AM

harden isn't a franchise player, that's an excellent trade....OKC found a desperate team and fleeced them...

and harden not wanting to stay on a championship caliber team for 4 mill over the life of the contract is just stupid...have fun failing to meet expectations in houston

being #3 behind durant and westbrook was the sweetest gig in the nba...ego is a terrible thing

KC_Connection 10-28-2012 12:15 AM

I also disagree that Harden is not worth what he's asking. Only LeBron, Durant, and Paul had a better win share per 48 minute rate than Harden last season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2012.html) While that will likely decline with more playing time and playing more of a primary role rather than a tertiary one, he's a great player. If OKC isn't going to give him the money, somebody else will and they'll reap the benefits of his production.

ChiefsCountry 10-28-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055645)
I have nothing against hockey, just never had had a team to root for so never got into it. I can't root for teams 1000 miles away. I need a hometown tie to feel the love.

Root for the Blues. They are the Chiefs and Royals all wrapped into one.

-King- 10-28-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055758)

We hate on him because there are moments when he shrinks and just plays awful for games at a time. What's worse are that these moments tend to happen in the post season most of the time.

NJChiefsFan 10-28-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9055769)
We hate on him because there are moments when he shrinks and just plays awful for games at a time. What's worse are that these moments tend to happen in the post season most of the time.

He also fills the generic image of a European(especially Spain/Italy) flopping baby.

KC_Connection 10-28-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9055764)
Sounds like A Rod. I wasn't fully sure where he went either when I went on a 2 month NBA hiatus. The fact that people thought he would be pissed after the almost trade makes you feel he was gone. Add to that getting Howard and its easy to have thought he was on his way out.

I haven't heard Gasol mentioned or read about him in regard to the Lakers at all this month. It's been all Dwight, Nash, and of course Kobe.

KC_Connection 10-28-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9055769)

It could be worse. He could be Bargnani.

the Talking Can 10-28-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055767)
I also disagree that Harden is not worth what he's asking. Only LeBron, Durant, and Paul had a better win share per 48 minute rate than Harden last season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2012.html) While that will likely decline with more playing time and playing more of a primary role rather than a tertiary one, he's a great player. If OKC isn't going to give him the money, somebody else will and they'll reap the benefits of his production.

he's not a #1...his stats don't mean squat to me in the absence of durant and westbrook...they bear the responsibility for that team night in and night out..

we'll find out...

The Bad Guy 10-28-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9055766)
harden isn't a franchise player, that's an excellent trade....OKC found a desperate team and fleeced them...

and harden not wanting to stay on a championship caliber team for 4 mill over the life of the contract is just stupid...have fun failing to meet expectations in houston

being #3 behind durant and westbrook was the sweetest gig in the nba...ego is a terrible thing

Harden's getting a lot more than 4 million over the life. He's going to get a 5 year 80 million dollar deal and play in a state with no state income tax.

the Talking Can 10-28-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9055794)
Harden's getting a lot more than 4 million over the life. He's going to get a 5 year 80 million dollar deal and play in a state with no state income tax.

Quote:

The Thunder offered Harden $55.5 million over four years -- $4.5 million less than the max deal Harden coveted and will get from the Rockets, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.
is all i've seen reported...

anyways, time willl tell....i think okc bent houston over...very smart move by the GM...he made a legit offer, and then maximized harden's value in a trade