ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Theodore Logan (Post 9055602)
Wow,you act like Lebron has won multiple titles,lol! He has won only 1 title. Lakers have won 16 CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! LeBron does not worry me.

He should. He's the best player in the NBA by far, he just willed his team to a championship last season, and he will probably do it again many more times (whether it's for the Heat or somebody else).

Pitt Gorilla 10-27-2012 10:38 PM

This really ruined my evening. I love Harden.

Ted Theodore Logan 10-27-2012 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=KC_Connection;9055607]He should. He's the best player in the NBA by far

Really? Really. Really?

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Theodore Logan (Post 9055613)
Really? Really. Really?

Totally.

Ted Theodore Logan 10-27-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055614)
Totally.

1 measly championship and he is the best in LEAGUE! lol....

okcchief 10-27-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055578)
Harden is a far, far better defender than Kevin Martin (who is really pretty useless outside of his shooting ability).

There's no question the Thunder took a hit at their 2013 championship hopes tonight with this loss. What they do with that freed up money will determine whether it will be a hit in the future years beyond that.

Kevin Martin will be there 1 year. I know he's a horrid defender. For the overall future of the franchise it's a good move. Hardens not worth 60 Mill. IMO. Maynor is back to run the second team. A spot up shooter, PJ3 and Lamb will still mske the Thunder the number 2 team in the West. IMO we weren't beating the Lakers or Heat with Harden.

okcchief 10-27-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055605)
I go look at the Lakers roster and I totally forgot they still had Pau Gasol. Yeah, they're winning the West.

How the hell did you forget that? Nash and Pau running the pick and roll had me concerned before Howard even came into the picture.

tk13 10-27-2012 10:46 PM

While the Lakers are no doubt the favorites, I refuse to completely count out any team that has Kevin Durant on it.

okcchief 10-27-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9055595)
I think the draft picks are the most attractive part. Plus, Martin is expiring so he may have some value at the trade deadline.

Lamb is nice, but how the Thunder adjust late in games will be very interesting.

The picks are definitely what makes it a damn good deal. I was raging when I just heard Martin and Lamb. Another thing I like is I see Perry Jones gets more minutes now. I REALLY like what I've seen from him.

okcchief 10-27-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9055623)
While the Lakers are no doubt the favorites, I refuse to completely count out any team that has Kevin Durant on it.

I agree, but the Lakers are going to be tough for the next 2 years. EVEN for the Heat.

BWillie 10-27-2012 10:54 PM

I like the trade to be honest. Harden, as good of a player as he is isnt worth a max contract. The Thunder already have scoring. Thats not the problem, so I kinda feel Ibaka was more important to keep. As has already been said, Martin is a nice stop gap player and should be useful as a scorer. Thabo is going to start anyway. Lamb has as much potential as anybody in last yrs draft. Best part about this is the two draft picks.PJ3 looks like a stud in the making. If you let Harden walk, you get nothing. If you do it at the trade deadline you mess up team chemistry. And, I dont buy that the Lakers are a shoe in for the NBA finals. As seen with the Heat, it can take teams luke this a couple yrs to jell right and the lakers just dont have that time. I honestly think OKC got the better end of this deal. Remember this is a Houston team who played Chase Budinger all year, doesnt let Marcus Morris play, and overpaid for the asian tim tebow.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-27-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9055603)
It's a diehard sport for the most part. I can't get enough of it. Good thing they aren't having a season.....AGAIN.

I have nothing against hockey, just never had had a team to root for so never got into it. I can't root for teams 1000 miles away. I need a hometown tie to feel the love.

NJChiefsFan 10-27-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055645)
I have nothing against hockey, just never had had a team to root for so never got into it. I can't root for teams 1000 miles away. I need a hometown tie to feel the love.

Its not that bad. Especially today being able to see every game. Hell, 1,200 miles apart hasn't kept me from giving up on the Chiefs even with all the fail.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-27-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9055651)
Its not that bad. Especially today being able to see every game. Hell, 1,200 miles apart hasn't kept me from giving up on the Chiefs even with all the fail.

Like I said without a hometown team to root for I just can't care that much. I'm a KC fan... the city, the teams. The Blues are close now but it wasn't a sport I grew up with (no KC team) so even though I tried I just couldn't get into it. Plus they're from St. Louis and that city really sucks aside from not being my hometown.

NJChiefsFan 10-27-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055660)
Like I said without a hometown team to root for I just can't care that much. I'm a KC fan... the city, the teams. The Blues are close now but it wasn't a sport I grew up with (no KC team) so even though I tried I just couldn't get into it. Plus they're from St. Louis and that city really sucks aside from not being my hometown.

True. Well they did use to be the KC Scouts.