ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The NFL doesn't think Mahomes is a first rounder. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307147)

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:02 AM

The NFL doesn't think Mahomes is a first rounder.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RLiuNFL/s...draft-and-more

There's the list of the 22 prospects that will attend the draft.

I'm kinda disappointed that if KC selects Mahomes, he won't be able to go on stage and do his thing...Kizer, Watson and Trubiski were all invited.

Odd.

Dante84 04-14-2017 10:05 AM

Kizer is going to have a long ass night. Better bring two suits

Chief Roundup 04-14-2017 10:05 AM

hmmm

The Franchise 04-14-2017 10:09 AM

It'd be nice to see him on stage if KC drafts him....but it's not that big of a deal. Garrett won't be there either.

staylor26 04-14-2017 10:14 AM

This made me feel good about his chances of making it to 27, or at least in trade up range.

The Franchise 04-14-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12824091)
Kizer is going to have a long ass night. Better bring two suits

I expect to get a ton of shit once he starts falling.

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:20 AM

After hearing a lot of chatter, I wouldn't be surprised if Kizer goes to Arizona in the second.

staylor26 04-14-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12824116)
After hearing a lot of chatter, I wouldn't be surprised if Kizer goes to Arizona in the second.

Kizer to Arizona makes a lot of sense. He's a really good fit with BA.

Bowser 04-14-2017 10:24 AM

I don't think many really do. We've been looking at Mahomes through the lens of potential, not thinking he would be ready to suit up week one and kick ass.

And really, what is the difference between pick 27 and picks 35-40, anyway? I'd rather us take him (or Kizer or Watson if they're available) and have that fifth year of control over a potential starter for us at QB.

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12824120)
Kizer to Arizona makes a lot of sense. He's a really good fit with BA.

I see Trubiski to Cleveland at 12
Watson to Houston at 25
Mahomes to KC at 27
Kizer to Arizona in the second
Webb to Pittsburgh in the second

The Franchise 04-14-2017 10:29 AM

I think that Watson is a better fit for Houston than Mahomes. Houston needs someone who could possibly step in right now and give them better than what Osweiler or Savage can. I think Watson could at least be serviceable and get them to the playoffs. Mahomes isn't going to go in there and be able to win.

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12824129)
I think that Watson is a better fit for Houston than Mahomes. Houston needs someone who could possibly step in right now and give them better than what Osweiler or Savage can. I think Watson could at least be serviceable and get them to the playoffs. Mahomes isn't going to go in there and be able to win.

Osweiler isn't a Texan. They only have Savage.

I agree, I think Watson could go right in and take that team to the playoffs year 1, but I may be wrong. With that defense getting Watt back and an incoming draft class, a guy like Watson is a perfect fit.

I'm fine with Mahomes or Watson and if both are selected before we get a chance to draft them, then just wait till next year and load up the defense.

Those are the only 2 that I see as guys that can win superbowls with (with the right team around them)

The Franchise 04-14-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12824134)
Osweiler isn't a Texan. They only have Savage.

I agree, I think Watson could go right in and take that team to the playoffs year 1, but I may be wrong. With that defense getting Watt back and an incoming draft class, a guy like Watson is a perfect fit.

I'm fine with Mahomes or Watson and if both are selected before we get a chance to draft them, then just wait till next year and load up the defense.

Those are the only 2 that I see as guys that can win superbowls with (with the right team around them)

I didn't type it out...but I meant what Osweiler could give them (say from last year).

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:41 AM

Osweiler is a guy with a huge chip on his shoulder now.

That contract is stupid, but I could see him doing well in the right situation.

If it weren't for that contract, I'd be talking about trading something conditional from next year for him after the draft (if KC doesn't get a QB they like in the draft)

Very interesting that Mahomes isn't going to be there for the draft.

The Franchise 04-14-2017 10:50 AM

I still think that the Browns should roll with Osweiler this year. Take Garrett at 1 and take Trubisky at 12 if you want to but don't start him Week 1. Let Osweiler take those shots and get Trubisky learning your offense.

BossChief 04-14-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12824152)
I still think that the Browns should roll with Osweiler this year. Take Garrett at 1 and take Trubisky at 12 if you want to but don't start him Week 1. Let Osweiler take those shots and get Trubisky learning your offense.

If the Browns use their picks wisely, they stack that teams defense and waits on a QB. Let the defense grow together and just punt this year and draft the top guy next year.

They will for sure have a top 5 pick, likely first overall...stack the defense and draft a stud next year.

Otherwise, they are going to go into a self defeating pattern again and draft a halfway talented project this year and might use that as an excuse to pass on an elite prospect at the position.

BossChief 04-14-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12824173)
The only people who believe Mahomes is a first rounder are desperate fans.

You're just playing contrarian, as usual.

This is extremely similar to when GB had an aging starter and chose a project with a huge upside that was a project in the late first round.

Or when GB traded for a gunslinger that Atlanta drafted the year before in the early second round...for Andy Reid to help develop into a HOFer.

-King- 04-14-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12824218)

This is extremely similar to when GB had an aging starter and chose a project with a huge upside that was a project in the late first round.

Or when GB traded for a gunslinger that Atlanta drafted the year before in the early second round...for Andy Reid to help develop into a HOFer.

No. No it's not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-14-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12824218)

Now Rodgers was a project? ROFLROFLROFL

Dude he was considered to be an awesome prospect and people were just mystified when he started to drop. Not remotely the same.

Terrible, awful comparison.

The Franchise 04-14-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

What NFL scouts told the Journal Sentinel's Bob McGinn before the draft about quarterback Aaron Rodgers:

Marc Ross, Buffalo: "He's a little short. The thing you worry about is those (Jeff) Tedford guys. They don't do anything for a couple years and then they have a good year or two. Who of his quarterbacks has done what they're supposed to do? None of them. Is he just working magic with great college quarterbacks or just manufacturing guys?"

AFC scout: "I like him. He's a very talented guy. A lot of quarterbacks that were system people have not done very well. That puts up a red flag. Not that he is one of them. He could be an exception. But I can't get it out of my craw."

Rich Snead, Tennessee: "I like him. I just don't know if he's maxed out. He's more accurate than (Kyle) Boller but probably not as athletic. He's a better player than Akili Smith. He's more athletic than (Trent) Dilfer was. He's a little more mobile than Joey Harrington. He had to go to a JC because no one would recruit him because they said he was too small. He's been busting his (expletive) his whole life to get to this point. I just don't know how much more he has to give."

NFC scout: "(Alex) Smith is the better athlete."

AFC scout: "I think he has some upside although there are some things that are just ordinary about him."

Jerry Angelo, Chicago: "I'd give Rodgers the edge (over Smith) just because he was easier to evaluate. And there's a little more arm. But the edge is negligible."

NFC scout: "I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Tedford-coached quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn't have great ability to change the release of the football. He's mechanically very rigid. Brett Favre can change his release point and find different windows. There will be more growing pains with Alex Smith but in the end he has a much better chance to be much better."

NFC scout: "The guys that Tedford has had, what have they developed into? They're too well-schooled. So mechanical. So robotic. I don't know if they become good pro players. I think Rodgers is in that same mold."

AFC scout: "I don't like him. He's a clone of Harrington and Boller. They all throw the same way. What have those guys done? Nothing. If you take him in the second round, fine. Heady guy. They do a marvelous job of coaching quarterbacks there. I don't think he's as good as the top quarterbacks coming out last year."

AFC scout: "I don't think he's in the class of the quarterbacks that came out last year. Strong arm. Pretty good athlete. Still has some holes in his game."

Bill Polian, Indianapolis: "I see a guy who has good arm strength. I see some athletic ability. I see a guy who was pretty good with a good team. I see a guy who's in a pretty efficient offense. Am I certain that he's going to come in and lead my team to the Promised Land? I can't say that. I'm not even sure I can say that about Alex Smith."

AFC scout: "He's a system quarterback. 3-, 5-, 7-step guy. Can't create on his own. Panics under pressure. Gets flustered easy. I don't think there's a quarterback in the draft worthy of a first-round pick. I'm dead serious. None of them are worth it."

NFC scout: "He fit right into the Cal system. He probably executed that as well as anybody. He doesn't have as strong an arm as Boller but can make the same reads and play the scheme as well as Boller did.

kccrow 04-14-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12824488)
Now Rodgers was a project? ROFLROFLROFL

Dude he was considered to be an awesome prospect and people were just mystified when he started to drop. Not remotely the same.

Terrible, awful comparison.

I never recall Rodgers being an "awesome prospect."

--------

As for Mahomes not getting invited, big shit. He's still more likely than not to go 1st round. Kizer on the other hand, I don't think he's going 1st round and he got invited. Kind of strange.

In my opinion, I think it's too much of a production anyhow. I think you invite, at most, the 10 guys you think will go top 15 and leave it at that. There's 22 guys invited this year to attend, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Chief Roundup 04-14-2017 02:27 PM

That year it was between Smith and Rodgers for who would be the 1.1, it has been well covered with McCarthy supposedly telling Rodgers that he was going to be the pick at 1.1 If Rodgers was thought of as a project there would not have been all the talk about his fall down the 1st round and the video of him setting there waiting to be picked.
Keep it real instead of pushing your agenda.

Chief Roundup 04-14-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12824495)

You could find a scout that would say this about any or all prospects.

Hammock Parties 04-14-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12824534)
I never recall Rodgers being an "awesome prospect."

He wasn't a Manning but he certainly wasn't goddamn Pat Mahomes.

staylor26 04-14-2017 02:35 PM

AFC scout: "He's a system quarterback. 3-, 5-, 7-step guy. Can't create on his own. Panics under pressure. Gets flustered easy. I don't think there's a quarterback in the draft worthy of a first-round pick. I'm dead serious. None of them are worth it."

This one stuck out

kccrow 04-14-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12824622)

Oh I agree, the talk wasn't quite the same in that regard. There was a group that thought he was a top-15 guy and there was a group that didn't think he was a round 1 pick. There certainly wasn't much of any talk about him going 1st overall or even in the top 5. I wrecked a TV when KC took DJ over him, but that's the past. I wouldnt' feel the same way about Mahomes, but I'd be pretty pissed if KC passed in a similar fashion.

RunKC 04-14-2017 04:29 PM

Harrington/Boller clone, they said

"Awesome prospect" alright

BossChief 04-14-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12824929)
Maybe it was one of the Browns scouts who didnt think Wentz was a firet rounder LMAO

He's talking about Aaron Rodgers.

O.city 04-14-2017 07:06 PM

They'll do the same thing to next year's qb class, just as they always do. Frankly, at this point I dint really care to see what these scouts have to say. Disinfo, etc.

If the Chiefs think one of these dudes are worth developing, take him. If not, load up on defense, go from there.

Dave Lane 04-15-2017 11:18 AM

Every ****ing year some asshole and all the douche bags on chiefsplanet say this, every god damned year

AFC scout: "I don't think there's a quarterback in the draft worthy of a first-round pick. I'm dead serious. None of them are worth it."

Passes on Aaron Rogers. Smh.

chiefscafan 04-15-2017 12:27 PM

I think they are picking apart Watson like they did Matt Ryan because there is so much film on him.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-15-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Pest absolutely OWNED you dude ROFL ROFL

Hammock Parties 04-15-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12825688)
Pest absolutely OWNED you dude ROFL ROFL

What? No. Aaron Rodgers was in no way comparable to Pat Mahomes. He was always going to go in the first round, that's why people were shocked he dropped so far.

This revisionist history on actual, legit first round QBs to prop up this middling prospect is embarrassing.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-15-2017 02:20 PM

He had a TON of criticism...TON and that's why he dropped. You act like he was stud Rodgers when they drafted him.

Hammock Parties 04-15-2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12825714)
He had a TON of criticism...TON and that's why he dropped. You act like he was stud Rodgers when they drafted him.

Yeah and if Mahomes "drops" it will be right into the 3rd.

It's not a valid comparison.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-15-2017 02:24 PM

Mahomes is going in the first, so....

Hammock Parties 04-15-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12825724)
Mahomes is going in the first, so....

I highly doubt it.

kccrow 04-15-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12825726)
I highly doubt it.

I dunno man...

I have the same feeling about his kid I had about Aaron Rodgers. I really think this kid is going to be great. I haven't said that about a prospect since Rodgers, not even Andrew Luck.

This kid has everything you absolutely cannot teach and his flaws are easy fixes that just require some coaching up. He has the work ethic and the attitude.

I think you're really off base on this one, but that's my opinion.

Perhaps watching Alex Whiff for all these years has made you leery of anyone that throws a football? :D

Pasta Little Brioni 04-15-2017 04:28 PM

Dude would have cut Reek before the season...

Black Bob 04-15-2017 04:34 PM

I said it all along. He should be a day three pick but, will probably go day two. He isn't going in the first.

RunKC 04-15-2017 04:47 PM

Top 20 pick

kccrow 04-15-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 12825847)
I said it all along. He should be a day three pick but, will probably go day two. He isn't going in the first.

Day 3? You smoking crack? LOL. No, Josh Dobbs is the type that goes day 3.

-King- 04-15-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12825838)
I dunno man...

I have the same feeling about his kid I had about Aaron Rodgers. I really think this kid is going to be great. I haven't said that about a prospect since Rodgers, not even Andrew Luck.

This kid has everything you absolutely cannot teach and his flaws are easy fixes that just require some coaching up. He has the work ethic and the attitude.

Perhaps watching Alex Whiff for all these years has made you leery of anyone that throws a football? :D

Wait... Mechanics are easy flaws to fix? ROFL Is that why Blake Bortles is about to rehire his mechanics coach after 3 years in the league?
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 04-15-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12825855)
Wait... Mechanics are easy flaws to fix? ROFL Is that why Blake Bortles is about to rehire his mechanics coach after 3 years in the league?
Posted via Mobile Device

You're really comparing the Jags horrific coaching to ours?

kccrow 04-15-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12825855)
Posted via Mobile Device

You've already proved you don't know the first thing about biomechanics. His throwing motion is fine. A bit of work on holding the football with 2 hands, dropping back from under center, and preserving himself and hes' good to go.

Chief Northman 04-15-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12825838)
I dunno man...

Easy fixes?

C'mon crow. His footwork and balance needs a ton of work. Yes he has qualities you cannot teach, but for every big-armed qb that has been inflated for the quality, many more fall apart when they realize the pro game isn't heave-ho. Mahomes is an exciting prospect, but to say he can be pro-ready with easy fixes is a stretch. Whoever drafts him needs to commit to his development and be very patient.

kccrow 04-15-2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12825962)
Easy fixes?

C'mon crow. His footwork and balance needs a ton of work. Yes he has qualities you cannot teach, but for every big-armed qb that has been inflated for the quality, many more fall apart when they realize the pro game isn't heave-ho. Mahomes is an exciting prospect, but to say he can be pro-ready with easy fixes is a stretch. Whoever drafts him needs to commit to his development and be very patient.

What footwork does he need work on? The only footwork he needs work on is in dropping back from under center. His weight transfer in his throwing motion is more than fine. Kid needs no work there. Don't know what the **** everyone is carrying on about. Kid throws darts anywhere you want em thrown.

You want to know why people think he has "footwork" issues? Because they see him scramble and throw on the run and attribute it to "bad footwork." No, no that's not ****ing bad footwork. If they were talking about making bad decisions trying to throw from awkward angles on the move, then sure, he does it too much. That doesn't mean his footwork is bad. If you told me Mahomes makes bad decisions forcing the ball into tight coverage, I'd say he does it too much. That doesn't make his footwork bad.

It's the goddamn dumb**** Zeirlein that doesn't know a lick of shit about football saying he has bad footwork and people reading it like its the ****ing gospel because they are too lazy to watch it themselves or can't decipher what they are watching anyhow.

This kid needs ZERO "extra" work on his foot plant/weight transfer and follow through in his throwing motion. None. His footwork in his throwing motion is identical to Aaron Rodgers'. I've provided the videos before. He sets quickly and transfers weight from back leg to front.

Footwork. Don't give me this bullshit about footwork, because I know exactly what "footwork" people are talking about and they are dead ****ing wrong. Footwork coming out from under center and through a 3, 5, and 7-step drop? Yes, absolutely he needs work on that (and so does every single ****ing QB coming out of college now). But that isn't what idiots are talking about. They think he throws off his back foot and lofts the ball up there all the time. Completely wrong. He transfers that weight almost every single time.

And to be honest, I don't give a shit if the guy stands on his head and throws a pass so long as it's money. Mahomes is money. Of course, you could continue to cheer for that shitbag Alex Smith, he's a real fine specimen.

-King- 04-15-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12825877)
You're really comparing the Jags horrific coaching to ours?

Mechanics are mechanics. They need to be continually worked on for years before they're permanent. At best, they get fixed in two years without him regressing to his old mechanics sometime later. You don't just change habits someone has had for years in just one season, especially when the player is only a backup and doesn't get game time to perfect his mechanics.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 04-15-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12825891)
You've already proved you don't know the first thing about biomechanics. His throwing motion is fine. A bit of work on holding the football with 2 hands, dropping back from under center, and preserving himself and hes' good to go.

Yeah I'm the only one talking about how bad his mechanics are. Yep.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Northman 04-15-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12826074)
What footwork does he need work on? The only footwork he needs work on is in dropping back from under center. His weight transfer in his throwing motion is more than fine. Kid needs no work there. Don't know what the **** everyone is carrying on about. Kid throws darts anywhere you want em thrown.

You want to know why people think he has "footwork" issues? Because they see him scramble and throw on the run and attribute it to "bad footwork." No, no that's not ****ing bad footwork. If they were talking about making bad decisions trying to throw from awkward angles on the move, then sure, he does it too much. That doesn't mean his footwork is bad. If you told me Mahomes makes bad decisions forcing the ball into tight coverage, I'd say he does it too much. That doesn't make his footwork bad.

It's the goddamn dumb**** Zeirlein that doesn't know a lick of shit about football saying he has bad footwork and people reading it like its the ****ing gospel because they are too lazy to watch it themselves or can't decipher what they are watching anyhow.

This kid needs ZERO "extra" work on his foot plant/weight transfer and follow through in his throwing motion. None. His footwork in his throwing motion is identical to Aaron Rodgers'. I've provided the videos before. He sets quickly and transfers weight from back leg to front.

Footwork. Don't give me this bullshit about footwork, because I know exactly what "footwork" people are talking about and they are dead ****ing wrong. Footwork coming out from under center and through a 3, 5, and 7-step drop? Yes, absolutely he needs work on that (and so does every single ****ing QB coming out of college now). But that isn't what idiots are talking about. They think he throws off his back foot and lofts the ball up there all the time. Completely wrong. He transfers that weight almost every single time.

And to be honest, I don't give a shit if the guy stands on his head and throws a pass so long as it's money. Mahomes is money. Of course, you could continue to cheer for that shitbag Alex Smith, he's a real fine specimen.

Don't get condescending and pissy. Nobody is pimping Smith in here so that is irrelevant.

I like Mahomes and think he can be a worthwhile prospect to develop as a qbotf. The key word being "develop" however. He has physical talents that allow him to get away with poor habits. His current comfort level in 3, 5, and 7 step drops from under center is inadequate for the next level - he has admitted as much. Mayock called it out out, Gruden pointed it out, and the only thing that will fix it is a lot of practice and time to groom it. Mahomes admitted he has never played under center EVER. What a dis-service high school and college coaching is doing to qb prospects nowadays.

You are separating a lot of the component mechanics in your analysis of him, which I think is accurate, but a lot of it goes back to footwork (weight transfer, torque, narrow/wide base, etc.)

The way I see Mahomes?
+ High ceiling with rare, elite arm talent and positive intangibles. Guts. Athletic enough to extend plays. Can make every throw.
- Bails the pocket and detects pressure that is not there. Will need time to acclimate to a pro-style scheme with regards to under-center play and verbiage. Makes high-risk decisions at times looking for the big play when game situations dictate otherwise. Ball security can be cleaned up.

kccrow 04-15-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12826234)
Don't get condescending and pissy. Nobody is pimping Smith in here so that is irrelevant.

I like Mahomes and think he can be a worthwhile prospect to develop as a qbotf. The key word being "develop" however. He has physical talents that allow him to get away with poor habits. His current comfort level in 3, 5, and 7 step drops from under center is inadequate for the next level - he has admitted as much. Mayock called it out out, Gruden pointed it out, and the only thing that will fix it is a lot of practice and time to groom it. Mahomes admitted he has never played under center EVER. What a dis-service high school and college coaching is doing to qb prospects nowadays.

You are separating a lot of the component mechanics in your analysis of him, which I think is accurate, but a lot of it goes back to footwork (weight transfer, torque, narrow/wide base, etc.)

The way I see Mahomes?
+ High ceiling with rare, elite arm talent and positive intangibles. Guts. Athletic enough to extend plays. Can make every throw.
- Bails the pocket and detects pressure that is not there. Will need time to acclimate to a pro-style scheme with regards to under-center play and verbiage. Makes high-risk decisions at times looking for the big play when game situations dictate otherwise. Ball security can be cleaned up.

LOL. You haven't begun to see condescending from me, but I can be if you'd like.

I do agree with your analysis though.

I do hate when people think the pundits are the bible. I challenge King to watch every snap Mahomes takes and chart how many throws he deems improper. I'll then watch them and we can see if we agree.

SAGA45 04-16-2017 12:26 AM

I remember Aaron Rodgers at CAL...held the ball high near his earhole with both hands when dropping back...very robotic. Its as if they broke him down at GB...burned away the Tedford inlfuence...relaxed him...now he holds the ball low...casual...free floating in the pocket as he surveys the field...then he fires. Almost as if he were at park playing with some friends. I envision the same being the case for Mahomes who plays like that already. All he needs is work under center and experience which grows confidence.

-King- 04-16-2017 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12826304)
LOL. You haven't begun to see condescending from me, but I can be if you'd like.

I do agree with your analysis though.

I do hate when people think the pundits are the bible. I challenge King to watch every snap Mahomes takes and chart how many throws he deems improper. I'll then watch them and we can see if we agree.

Post one of his game videos. Any game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Roundup 04-16-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12826074)

No Crow that is not accurate. He throws off of his back foot most of the time. It has been pointed out lots of times. No not when he is scrambling when he is still in the pocket. He relies on his arm strength and talent to overcome his flaws. He has lots of them.

Chief Northman 04-16-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 12826315)
I remember Aaron Rodgers at CAL...held the ball high near his earhole with both hands when dropping back...very robotic. Its as if they broke him down at GB...burned away the Tedford inlfuence...relaxed him...now he holds the ball low...casual...free floating in the pocket as he surveys the field...then he fires. Almost as if he were at park playing with some friends. I envision the same being the case for Mahomes who plays like that already. All he needs is work under center and experience which grows confidence.

And in retrospect, as much as it frustrated Rodgers, sitting for THREE years was the best thing for him. This draft crop needs to sit as well, at minimum a year or two. I wonder how Rodgers would have fared if he would have had to play right away or only after one year?......

This is why I trust Dorsey to find the right guy, and to allow for the right approach in development regardless of how long it takes.
You also wonder how Alex might have turned out if he had been given more time to develop instead of being thrown to the wolves surrounded by a shitty roster?...

jjchieffan 04-16-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12824173)
The only people who believe Mahomes is a first rounder are desperate fans.

There it is folks. Iron clad proof that Mahomes is going in the first. Shoot, if Claynus is stating it as fact that he's not first round talent, then we may just be looking at a future hall of famer.

OldSchool 04-16-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12826598)
There it is folks. Iron clad proof that Mahomes is going in the first. Shoot, if Claynus is stating it as fact that he's not first round talent, then we may just be looking at a future hall of famer.

The funny thing is that a bunch of people on here thought that Geno Smith would have been a worthy #1 overall pick. ROFL

Those same people are hyping up these mediocre QB prospects as 1st round talents. ROFL

The cycle continues at CP.

MahiMike 04-16-2017 12:35 PM

The NFL is correct.

BossChief 04-16-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12826607)
The funny thing is that a bunch of people on here thought that Geno Smith would have been a worthy #1 overall pick. ROFL

Those same people are hyping up these mediocre QB prospects as 1st round talents. ROFL

Every one of us that wanted to draft Geno, wanted him to sit for 1 year minimum and I wanted 2 years.

Everybody agreed that he wasn't ready to go right away...but NY is dumb and pushed the kid on the field too early when he wasn't ready.

kccrow 04-16-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12826328)
Post one of his game videos. Any game.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did, right along with a video of Aaron Rodgers. You can feel free to go watch it.

kccrow 04-16-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12826607)

Never did like Geno Smith.

Only QB I'm hyping is Mahomes. I have some issues with Watson. I kind of like Trubisky.

I'm not sure it's "pimping" when you know damn well at least 3 of these guys are going round 1, and it is entirely possible 4 or 5 go.

kccrow 04-16-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12826403)
No Crow that is not accurate. He throws off of his back foot most of the time. It has been pointed out lots of times. No not when he is scrambling when he is still in the pocket. He relies on his arm strength and talent to overcome his flaws. He has lots of them.

LOL. Keep regurgitating shit. All I have to say about that.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-16-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

So , what are we to do. We have to fraft our Franchise QB but they all suck. You'll never be happy.

kccrow 04-16-2017 05:32 PM

I'll gladly eat a monster pile of Geno Smith level shit if I'm wrong about this kid. If I'm right, there's a few that need to belly up to the table as well.

Otter 04-16-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12826971)
I'll gladly eat a monster pile of Geno Smith level shit if I'm wrong about this kid. If I'm right, there's a few that need to belly up to the table as well.

If Mahomes is there when the Chiefs are up to pick and they don't take him I'm going drop another level in interest on this team. Your feelings mirror mine on this kid. Not ready day 1 but amazing potential if groomed correctly.

Coogs 04-16-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12826234)

The way I see Mahomes?

I have been curious about this, and I have a little time tonight , so I am going to go through all of our snaps from this past season just to see how many were from under center.

Mr. Laz 04-16-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 12826999)
If Mahomes is there when the Chiefs are up to pick and they don't take him I'm going drop another level in interest on this team. Your feelings mirror mine on this kid. Not ready day 1 but amazing potential if groomed correctly.

Get ready because i don't think that Mahomes is the type of QB that Reid wants. I imagine that there are going to be some serious growing pains with him since he is an admitted gunslinger who just likes to see if he can make the really hard throws. A player that admits that coaches have told him to stop throwing with bad mechanics but he doesn't want to stop.

Pain in the ass

I don't think Reid wants a pain-in-the-ass, even if he turns out to be an elite QB.

What happens in this draft is going to be very telling unless all the top QBs are gone when the Chiefs pick. I wonder if Reid is hoping that they will all be gone?

-King- 04-16-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12826915)
I did, right along with a video of Aaron Rodgers. You can feel free to go watch it.

No you didn't. When you read his scouting reports, don't you think it's odd you're the only one who thinks he doesn't have mechanical issues? You don't think it's odd that he's compared to Jay Cutler more than anybody else?

You think this is all bullshit? http://presnapreads.com/2017/04/02/p...ure-of-upside/

Coogs 04-16-2017 07:25 PM

After the first 8 games last season:

508 total plays.

344 out of shotgun for 68%
164 under center for 32%

Of those 164:

114 were rushes for 70%
50 were passes for 30%

Overall 50 pass plays from under center out of 508 total plays for just under 10%.

Bowser 04-16-2017 08:47 PM

What will it take to get a universal **** YEAH from our draft?

Round 1 - TJ Watt

Round 2 - Alvin Kamara

Round 3 - Pat Mahomes (I learned he sucks from this thread)

Would that do it?

kccrow 04-16-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12827095)
No you didn't. When you read his scouting reports, don't you think it's odd you're the only one who thinks he doesn't have mechanical issues? You don't think it's odd that he's compared to Jay Cutler more than anybody else?

You think this is all bullshit? http://presnapreads.com/2017/04/02/p...ure-of-upside/

Could have sworn I posted a comparison but here's my original post of the Rodgers vid in response to Mahomes:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...4&postcount=41

But, here's two vids you can watch side-by-side:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gy9duB-7xsU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_FY0MdW3smM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And yes, I have a problem with the article because they take a "sometimes he does this wrong" and turn it into "his footwork needs to be completely revamped." The point I'm trying to pound on the table right now is that this entire thought process is 100% wrong. MOST of the time, and that I'm saying is likely around 80-85%, the kid throws the ball from set feet and with fine mechanics. But it is that other 15-20% of the time where he's throwing these balls on awkward angles, off a hop, on the move without setting, etc, that these people are using to say there is some enormous problem. Simple fact is you can't just make gross overstatements. Now, you look at that 15-20% of "problematic" throws and you determine what of those were actually bad passes? 5%? 10%? What is it? Can you live with that? I sure as **** can. For a guy that trusts his nutsack and is willing to put the ball into tight windows and make plays, you bet your ass I'll take the occasional shit throw. You know his position coaches in the NFL are going to absolutely hammer shit into this kid's head to keep him from making some of these errors. He picked up a good amount just working with Gruden for an hour, and you notice him changing the way he holds the ball throughout the video. I think Mahomes gets it and he knows he has to do some work in the NFL. He has to listen, or he won't make it. If this kid doesn't remind of you of Aaron Rodgers, then I'm not entirely sure I'll ever convince you and I sure know I'm done trying. What's that annoying saying down South? "You gotta risk it to get the biscuit?"

Chiefshrink 04-16-2017 09:04 PM

Let's not forget this very article could be a poker play pushed by some team that wants him to drop as well which IMHO is what this article is about.:hmmm:

Sandy Vagina 04-17-2017 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 12827126)
After the first 8 games last season:

508 total plays.

344 out of shotgun for 68%
164 under center for 32%

Of those 164:

114 were rushes for 70%
50 were passes for 30%

Overall 50 pass plays from under center out of 508 total plays for just under 10%.

just flat-out, good info. Thanks for doing that.

Titty Meat 04-17-2017 09:27 AM

The Mahomes OU game is interesting. There was one drive his line commited 3 different fouls each time dude bounced back and completed 20+ yard completions. He's kind of frustrating because the arm and accuracy are there the mechanics suck and he doesn't stay in the pocket. Right Now Davis Webb is a better prospect similar arm and stays in the pocket. Mahomes has a higher ceiling though.

O.city 04-17-2017 10:33 AM

It's weird but I don't know that I really want a guy that has to rely on fundamentals to get by in college. It seems bassackwards, but if a guy is tapped physically and has to have all his mechanics in tow to get it done at that level, he's capped in the nfl.

IMO

staylor26 04-17-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12827685)
It's weird but I don't know that I really want a guy that has to rely on fundamentals to get by in college. It seems bassackwards, but if a guy is tapped physically and has to have all his mechanics in tow to get it done at that level, he's capped in the nfl.

IMO

Agreed

Urc Burry 04-17-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12827613)
The Mahomes OU game is interesting. There was one drive his line commited 3 different fouls each time dude bounced back and completed 20+ yard completions. He's kind of frustrating because the arm and accuracy are there the mechanics suck and he doesn't stay in the pocket. Right Now Davis Webb is a better prospect similar arm and stays in the pocket. Mahomes has a higher ceiling though.

I don't know why people aren't higher on Webb than they are here. The difference between the two isn't all that much. And Webb should be available without a tradeup. Reports are out that the Texans love Mahomes. They don't have as much ammunition for a tradeup, but are also a lot more desperate. If they were both available at 27 then I probably lean Mahomes, but I'd be perfectly happy with Webb

milkman 04-17-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12827613)

I don't know anything about any of these QB prospects.

But the consensus seems to be that Mahomes has the highest ceiling, and I'd rather take the guy with the highest ceiling that needs a year, or even 2, to develop than the guy with the lower floor.

Titty Meat 04-17-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12827709)
I don't know anything about any of these QB prospects.

But the consensus seems to be that Mahomes has the highest ceiling, and I'd rather take the guy with the highest ceiling that needs a year, or even 2, to develop than the guy with the lower floor.

Normally Id agree I just dont know if Mahomes is fixable or not. If he is you have a damn good QB. Webb to me in the few games I watched is a more accurate Brock Osweiler.

RunKC 04-17-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

— The odds-on favorites to land Mahomes are the Chiefs. But the Texans are a close second. One hypothetical: The Chiefs trade up with the Colts (now led by former Chiefs executive Chris Ballard) to ensure them their top-ranked quarterback.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...n1aj1kfmu5ijpd

Idea I floated a few weeks ago. I bet Dorsey has had talks with Ballard about a trade.

We've only had ammo to trade up one time in this regime after the Alex trade and Goodell fisting, but the options were bare in 2015. I doubt it happens but now is the time.