ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

RealSNR 09-18-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8925324)
LOL LMAO

Today is the first time I have really watched the guy. I have alot of concerns. Watch the tape against James Madison. His footwork is awful and he hops around like a bunny. The play action is awful. He is going to need alot of work. I fear this is going to be a bad class for QBs. If we got Smith, I don't think he would be starting for a while unless he changes dramatically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EyPqRRVcRs

No offense, but you have given me precisely zero reason to take seriously any observation you make whatsoever about the game of football. I would not be surprised in the least if you were actually looking at college tape of Alex Tanney by mistake instead of Geno Smith.

The Franchise 09-18-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8925388)
No offense, but you have given me precisely zero reason to take seriously any observation you make whatsoever about the game of football. I would not be surprised in the least if you were actually looking at college tape of Alex Tanney by mistake instead of Geno Smith.

This.

bowener 09-18-2012 01:55 PM

I'm down. Just somebody. Anybody.

DaKCMan AP 09-18-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8925085)
That he hasn't coached in the NFL isn't a negative in my eyes. Actually, it's a positive. I'm tired of the same shitty retreads getting the jobs when they've already proven that they suck or are mediocre at best. It's time for some new blood.

Who's saying go get a retread? I'm not saying go hire a previously fired NFL HC. I'm just saying don't go hire someone who has never played or coached in the NFL at any level.

Tell me the last successful NFL HC who had no previous NFL experience as a player or coach.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8925388)

No offense taken.

If anyone else is interested in watching the bunny hop or the terrible play action sell, please watch the link I posted. Also, check the link to the LSU game. The scary thing in that video is his inability to hit receivers in stride. Almost every pass he completes requires the receiver to slow down on his route or the route is a hitch.

This is exactly what I am afraid of. Drafting a first round QB for the sake of drafting one. This guy might be OK but he will need alot of coaching. He still has a ton to prove over the rest of this season. His flaws are big ones.

Chief_For_Life58 09-18-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8925408)
Who's saying go get a retread? I'm not saying go hire a previously fired NFL HC. I'm just saying don't go hire someone who has never played or coached in the NFL at any level.

Tell me the last successful NFL HC who had no previous NFL experience as a player or coach.

bro todd haley bro. best hc evarrrrrhhh

Chief_For_Life58 09-18-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8925428)
No offense taken.

If anyone else is interested in watching the bunny hop or the terrible play action sell, please watch the link I posted. Also, check the link to the LSU game. The scary thing in that video is his inability to hit receivers in stride. Almost every pass he completes requires the receiver to slow down on his route or the route is a hitch.

This is exactly what I am afraid of. Drafting a first round QB for the sake of drafting one. This guy might be OK but he will need alot of coaching. He still has a ton to prove over the rest of this season.

lets just resign the mighty matt cassel to a 25 year player/headcoach contract

DaKCMan AP 09-18-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8925433)
bro todd haley bro. best hc evarrrrrhhh

Bad example. Even worse since Haley had previous NFL coaching experience.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8925440)
lets just resign the mighty matt cassel to a 25 year player/headcoach contract

Why don't we just put him in a bucket of cement, throw him in the ocean, and call it day?

The Franchise 09-18-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8925428)
No offense taken.

This is exactly what I am afraid of. Drafting a first round QB for the sake of drafting one. This guy might be OK but he will need alot of coaching. He still has a ton to prove over the rest of this season. His flaws are big ones.

You know who else does the bunny hop when he drops back? Peyton ****ing Manning.

Black Bob 09-18-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8925466)
You know who else does the bunny hop when he drops back? Peyton ****ing Manning.

I disagree. He's not hopping, he's moving his feet one at a time. Smith is moving his feet in unison in the video I posted. There is a big difference in the two. Peyton's footwork is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hr6CVURWpU

Chief_For_Life58 09-18-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8925465)
Why don't we just put him in a bucket of cement, throw him in the ocean, and call it day?

chiefs suck whats new

Bewbies 09-18-2012 02:22 PM

I want to change my avatar to Smith, but I don't want anyone to start getting the idea that I don't think Cassel is a reerun...

The Franchise 09-18-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8925475)
I disagree. He's not hopping, he's moving his feet one at a time. Smith is moving his feet in unison in the video I posted. There is a big difference in the two. Peyton's footwork is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hr6CVURWpU

Ummm....next time you might want to link me to a video that actually helps PROVE YOUR POINT.

Setsuna 09-18-2012 04:06 PM

Pestilence!! Why!? You still like Quinn don't you?