ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Let's talk WRs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286694)

OldSchool 09-19-2014 09:52 AM

Let's talk WRs

Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?

Saccopoo 09-19-2014 08:59 PM

Diggs is that fast. Especially on the track, though I don't know if he's 100% yet after last seasons leg injury.

Cooper seems to be the real deal.

However, we screwed ourselves when we didn't draft one this past draft. There were 6'2", 210 lb. 4.40 40 guys into the 7th round.

kccrow 09-19-2014 09:20 PM

Ty Montgomery - Stanford
Justin Hardy - East Carolina
Rannell Hall - Central Florida
Levi Norwood - Baylor
Vince Mayle - Washington State
Devante Davis - UNLV
Nick Harwell - Kansas

OldSchool 09-20-2014 12:56 AM

I don't really like Montgomery's hands and he is too much of a linear athlete.

Dante84 09-20-2014 11:26 AM

Lockett

OldSchool 09-20-2014 04:37 PM

Amari Cooper is the real deal, put up 9 catches for 195 yards and 2 TDs vs Florida's secondary going up against one of the best CBs at the CFB level in the nation.

OldSchool 09-21-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

West Virginia senior WR Kevin White caught 10 balls for 173 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 45-33 loss to Oklahoma.
White has exceeded 100 yards in each of the Mountaineers' first four games, and he's gone over 140 yards in three of them. All of that is good for 42 catches, 633 yards and three touchdowns, already superior to the 35 receptions for 507 yards he posted last season. NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks and Charles Davis wrote last week that they are "hearing a lot of Larry Fitzgerald comparisons" for White.
The more I hear and see of White, the more of it I'm buying. Late 1st to 2nd round pick? I would not mind having the next Larry Fitzgerald on the team.

kccrow 09-22-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10937770)
The more I hear and see of White, the more of it I'm buying. Late 1st to 2nd round pick? I would not mind having the next Larry Fitzgerald on the team.

This kid completely slipped my mind. Good player.

OldSchool 09-23-2014 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 10940608)
This kid completely slipped my mind. Good player.

Yeah, I need to start paying more attention to West Virginia games. White was a beast against Bama's DBs.

OldSchool 09-23-2014 02:08 AM

My only issue with White is that he doesn't appear to have great speed, takes him longer than you would want to eat up a DB's cushion and that's going to make it harder for him to get open at the NFL level.

<iframe width="450" height="420" src="http://www.draftbreakdown.com/video-embed/?clip=253559" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

bspence 09-24-2014 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DA_T_84 (Post 10930555)
Lockett

Would be an interesting mid to late round pick.

There are concerns about his hands, catch radius, and durability that will make him slide, but he's almost certainly better than some guys we run out there.

OldSchool 09-24-2014 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bspence (Post 10943810)
Would be an interesting mid to late round pick.

There are concerns about his hands, catch radius, and durability that will make him slide, but he's almost certainly better than some guys we run out there.

Lockett looks terrible out there at times, do not want him at all.

bspence 09-25-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10943819)
Lockett looks terrible out there at times, do not want him at all.

Not sure I have ever seen him look terrible outside the drop against Auburn, but that was one play. He still had a good game against an SEC defense with a bum wheel. He's not 100 percent this year and it's going to hurt his stock. This is the kind of stuff he can do against a 1st round pick when healthy.

www(dot)youtube.com/watch?v=JjJoSeQxAa0

Broken link because I can't post links yet.

OldSchool 09-25-2014 10:54 PM

Some tidbits on Cooper:

Quote:

An AFC talent evaluator said Alabama junior WR Amari Cooper is on the same level of prospect as former top-10 draft picks Sammie Watkins, Mike Evans, Justin Blackmon and A.J. Green.
"I think he's that level player," an AFC talent evaluator said. "He has some qualities of those guys you mentioned, but he's not the horse Julio [Jones] is; he just doesn't have that thoroughbred quality to him. But I like him. Smooth, long glider who can go up and pluck it." At 6-feet-1 and 210 pounds, Cooper compares physically to Watkins. "That's the closest comparison, at least among the recent guys," the evaluator said. "['Bama doesn't] use him quite as creatively as Clemson did with Sammy, but they can do some of the same things."
Quote:

NFL media analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes Alabama junior WR Amari Cooper is better than Sammy Watkins.
"I had Amari Cooper ahead of Sammy Watkins and Marquise Lee (last year). The way (Cooper) played last year, being a little bit nicked up, that probably raised eyebrows, having him over Sammy Watkins," Jeremiah said. "But what I've seen from him now, I do, I think he's a better football player just all-around, just polished in everything, as a route runner, I think he's a little bit ahead of Sammy." Buffalo's Watkins, of course, was the No. 4 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. Cooper is No. 1 in the NCAA in both receptions (43) and receiving yards (655). "He looks like a No. 1 receiver should look," Bucky Brooks said. "He can run all the intermediate routes, he can get vertical, he can catch and run, he's physical, he's a willing blocker. He's playing in a pro-style offense so it shouldn't really be a big transition for him to go to the National Football League."
How pissed would you guys be if we passed on Cooper and took a DL/OL/OLB player instead?

KevB 09-26-2014 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bspence (Post 10948820)
Not sure I have ever seen him look terrible outside the drop against Auburn, but that was one play. He still had a good game against an SEC defense with a bum wheel. He's not 100 percent this year and it's going to hurt his stock. This is the kind of stuff he can do against a 1st round pick when healthy.

www(dot)youtube.com/watch?v=JjJoSeQxAa0

Broken link because I can't post links yet.

Agreed, outside of that drop I can't think of a single time I wasn't thrilled he was on my team. His speed, route running, playmaking and kick return abilities make him a very nice mid round pick. As you said, durability is the biggest concern.

OldSchool 10-05-2014 01:16 AM

Quote:

West Virginia senior WR Kevin White caught six passes for 132 yards and a touchdown in the school's 33-14 win over Kansas.
White's touchdown catch was a result of a 63 yard play. The former JUCO product has really emerged this season, dominating at the catch point and winning on comebacks. He could be a top 50 selection.
I don't think that White has had a single game under 100 yards this season. He has also had 1 TD reception in each of them except for his game against Towsen where he caught 10 balls for 101 yards in a game where they won by a score of 54-0.

Cooper has also had a monster season so far, though he was under 100 yards for the first time against Ole Miss.

Sammie Coates finally showed up in the stats column.

4 catches for 144 yards and 1 TD. He only has 9 catches on this season and isn't Auburn's high volume receiver right now.

His teammate, Duke Williams, only had 2 catches for 28 yards against LSU. He has more production on the season though, 25 catches total, 395 yards, with 3 TDs.

OldSchool 10-05-2014 01:24 AM

If you wanted a replacement for Bowe as a guy who can move the sticks consistently and be trusts in the redzone, with just enough speed to threaten deep, Kevin White is probably your guy, just judging from what I've seen so far this season.

He has more speed than Jaelen Strong and Louisville's Parker I think. But he's just as good, actually maybe a little better, than either of those guys are at high-pointing and coming down with the ball in traffic. I've also seen White create separation much more consistently as well. Strong always seems to have someone sticking close to him and can't seem to consistently shake loose of his defender.

Other guys to keep your eyes on in that regard is Duke Williams from Auburn, Austin Hill from Arizona, Deontay Greenberry from Houston, and Kasen Williams from Washington.

White is the best of the bunch though, from what I've seen this year.

As for a WR that perfectly fits Reid's system, that has to be Cooper by far.

Direckshun 10-05-2014 01:30 AM

Give some props, OldSchool, for Coates' performance yesterday.

C'mon. Let's hear it.

OldSchool 10-05-2014 02:41 AM

He had a pair of really nice grabs down field, one went for a TD.

That was a nice grab with the DB, I believe it was Jalen Collins, trying to go over the top and deflect it and another DB, don't remember his number, bracketing underneath, Coates showed great concentration and reeled it in, kept his balance and walked into the endzone.

Second big catch was also with the DB draped on his back, used his body like Bowe would and shielded him out for the completion.

It was nice to see Coates put those on tape against DBs who are going to be pros at the next level.

OldSchool 10-05-2014 11:50 PM

Here's a kid that I don't really like, and it's not just because he's a Furd.

Quote:

Stanford junior WR Ty Montgomery "dropped at least three passes while playing wide receiver and wasn't able to beat the Irish to the perimeter when running out of the backfield" on Saturday against Notre Dame, wrote CBS Sports' Rob Rang.
Montgomery had four catches for 12 yards and 14 yards on five rushing attempts. "Footballs landing on the grass after bouncing off his chest plate were the most obvious mistakes for Montgomery," Rang wrote. "Scouts will notice other errors, however, including shoddy route-running that contributed to an interception on the first snap of the fourth quarter." Stanford QB Kevin Hogan seemed to lose faith in Montgomery as the game went on. Former NFL GM Phil Savage believes Montgomery will be selected in the first round, but we'll need to see a lot of improvement before we buy that.
He is way too inconsistent with his hands. He's Ted Ginn/DHB all over again. Height/weight/speed guy who can run fast but is going to be a poor receiver in the NFL.

the Talking Can 10-06-2014 06:47 AM

at this point, if we're anywhere near Amari Cooper in the draft, we should use a pick to go get him

kc79 10-06-2014 07:13 AM

I like Goodley from Baylor

OldSchool 10-06-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10988078)
at this point, if we're anywhere near Amari Cooper in the draft, we should use a pick to go get him

Agreed, he'd be a perfect fit for Reid's system. However, it might require way too much to move up for him, and we have too many holes on the roster to lose a bunch of picks for 1 player.

Gino-Bartali 10-06-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10987906)
Here's a kid that I don't really like, and it's not just because he's a Furd.

He is way too inconsistent with his hands. He's Ted Ginn/DHB all over again. Height/weight/speed guy who can run fast but is going to be a poor receiver in the NFL.

He was terrible against ND. His lack of effort cost an interception on a contested catch against Cole Luke and although he has a good straight-line speed, he is slow in his breaks and does not change direction fluidly.

kccrow 10-06-2014 10:43 PM

Amari Cooper is untouchable unless KC drafts in the top 5.

OldSchool 10-06-2014 11:10 PM

Kevin White is the ticket.

El Jefe 10-07-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10927993)
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.
Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?

Diggs is a freak, I followed him extensively when he was at Good Counsel in High School, because the Bucks wanted him bad. At the College level his development has been subpar, he has really succeeded on his superior speed and athletic ability. His route running is subpar, and he does have issues catching the ball at times, his block is also subpar. He is freakishly fast, he is a good return man, but he is extremely raw IMO.

OldSchool 10-07-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 10992084)
Diggs is a freak, I followed him extensively when he was at Good Counsel in High School, because the Bucks wanted him bad. At the College level his development has been subpar, he has really succeeded on his superior speed and athletic ability. His route running is subpar, and he does have issues catching the ball at times, his block is also subpar. He is freakishly fast, he is a good return man, but he is extremely raw IMO.

I don't know man. People talk about him like he's a potential 4.2 guy, but I don't see it. At best he's a 4.4 runner from what I've seen. He's only averaging 12.5 YPC this year.

mszymko 10-08-2014 09:17 AM

At this point I'm just upset we didn't grab Kelvin Benjamin in place of Ford. I would rather we kept Hali than Bowe if we're cutting someone for having an expensive contract. Benjamin does everything Bowe can do and has a far higher ceiling.

Grabbing Benjamin last year and adding Cooper this year would have been a perfect scenario, allowing us to drop Bowe's contact and spend that money on Houston + Hali for the foreseeable future.

OldSchool 10-08-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino said there’s a "good chance" senior WR DeVante Parker will play in Saturday’s game against Clemson.
Parker has missed the first six games after breaking a bone in his left foot during a practice in late-August. The 6-foot-3, 208-pounder (55 receptions for 885 yards and a UL-record-tying 12 touchdowns last year) is one of the nation's best wideout prospects. With a 4.39 forty, a 10-foot, 10-inch broad jump, an 80-inch wingspan, and a ridiculous catch radius, Parker is considered by many to be a future first-rounder. Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Parker as the No. 2 draft-eligible receiver, behind Oklahoma's Dorial Green-Beckham. "Body control to make contested catches off the ground is obvious," Norris wrote. "High points extremely well. Creates that sliver of space to win against tight coverage. Aggressively works back towards his QB on comebacks."
There is no way that Parker runs a 4.39, is there? I have never seen that speed on the field from him. Anyone else see it? He has great ball skills and is one of the better receivers at coming down with the ball in contested situations, but I do not see that 4.39 speed on the field.

Edit: Watched him against Miami from last year again. He's a bit like Bowe was earlier in his career. Not enough speed to really take the top off of a defense but just enough to be a real threat down field when combined with his ball skills, size, leaping ability, and ability to come down with the contested pass.

kccrow 10-08-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10994731)
There is no way that Parker runs a 4.39, is there? I have never seen that speed on the field from him. Anyone else see it? He has great ball skills and is one of the better receivers at coming down with the ball in contested situations, but I do not see that 4.39 speed on the field.

I don't know... that is a stopwatch test and nothing more. I'd say he'll definitely test sub-4.5 ... probably 4.45-ish. He's got quicks in his breaks. I'm most concerned with cone drills and shuttles than I am with 40's, even for receivers. I do get concerned a bit if they run over 4.55 and kind of dismiss them at 4.6 because historically the odds of success decrease to almost nil. I think Parker is safe in breaking that mark. He's a hell of a talent.

OldSchool 10-08-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 10995025)
I don't know... that is a stopwatch test and nothing more. I'd say he'll definitely test sub-4.5 ... probably 4.45-ish. He's got quicks in his breaks. I'm most concerned with cone drills and shuttles than I am with 40's, even for receivers. I do get concerned a bit if they run over 4.55 and kind of dismiss them at 4.6 because historically the odds of success decrease to almost nil. I think Parker is safe in breaking that mark. He's a hell of a talent.

Parker, White, Cooper, and Coates (the boom or bust guy among them) are the ones that I currently have pegged with the highest potential to be #1 WRs in the NFL.

DGB would be on there but it looks like he'll be returning to OU next season and enter the 2016 draft instead.

Anyone else you would add?

kccrow 10-09-2014 07:58 PM

I really liked Rannell Hall out of UCF in the mid rounds, but he's having a very down season without Bortles there to throw the ball. I can see the talent, but without the production he's going to fall. Might be a late round diamond.

I think a guy to continue to look out for is Vince Mayle. He's playing some really good ball for Washington. Former basketball player in JC. Converted to football and played a year at JC before going to Washington last season. Really put in some work in the offseason and has over 50 catches so far this year.

OldSchool 10-11-2014 10:00 PM

Kevin White is at it again.

Quote:

West Virginia senior WR Kevin White caught 13 passes for 123 yards and a touchdown in the school's 37-34 win over Texas Tech.
White has posted over 100 receiving yards in every game this season, and has scored a touchdown in all but one. No receiver has emerged up the rankings more this season. White can be very dominant at the catch point, and he is still learning.
Oct 11 - 4:09 PM
He's going to have a great shot at being a #1 WR in the NFL.

kccrow 10-11-2014 11:10 PM

I definitely think Strong has the speed to be a threat in the NFL btw... reminds me a bit of DeMaryius Thomas... I don't think he can run a 4.38 like Thomas, but I think he'll be a 4.45 guy. When he transferred from JC, it was reported he ran a 4.46.

OldSchool 10-11-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 11007299)
I definitely think Strong has the speed to be a threat in the NFL btw... reminds me a bit of DeMaryius Thomas... I don't think he can run a 4.38 like Thomas, but I think he'll be a 4.45 guy. When he transferred from JC, it was reported he ran a 4.46.

Strong actually reminded me a lot of Keenan Allen when he was at Cal, and it's not because of the number on their college jerseys. Very similar styles and builds.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-14-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 11007299)
When he transferred from JC, it was reported he ran a 4.46.

Which means he'll run a 4.6

OldSchool 10-17-2014 02:22 AM

The best WR in Auburn may not be Sammie Coates:

Quote:

CBS Sports' Rob Rang notes that Auburn junior WR D'haquille Williams has helped his cause with NFL scouts" and "continues to wow with his athleticism, strength and hand-eye coordination."
"Dak Prescott and a deep Mississippi State defense certainly looked the part of the No. 1 team in the country in their dismantling of Auburn, the SEC's reigning champion. Ironically, however, it was a member of the Tigers who may have helped his cause with NFL scouts the most in this contest, as junior wide receiver D'haquille "Duke" Williams continues to wow with his athleticism, strength and hand-eye coordination," Rang wrote. The Auburn prospect hauled in six receptions for 108 yards and a pair of touchdowns in Saturday's loss to Mississippi State. Rang adds that, Williams "composure, competitiveness and body control to make several circus catches as the game went on will not go unnoticed by scouts." Oct 14 - 2:57 PM
Williams reminds me of Alshon Jeffery. I'd like to see him get more reps on the outside though. He has a big catch radius, shows dominance in the redzone, has great body control, and is a very strong player. My only question about him is his speed. I've read that he ran a 4.4 before coming to Auburn but he looks a little heavy now and doesn't display anything like 4.4 speed on the field, kind of like Jeffrey in his final season at SC.

OldSchool 10-17-2014 02:34 AM

Another kid to keep your eyes on as a high potential 3rd/4th round pick, Deontay Greenberry.

Quote:

Houston junior WR Deontay Greenberry snatched six catches for 74 yards and two touchdowns in Thursday's 33-25 loss to BYU.
Greenberry's second touchdown catch from John O'Korn, midway through the fourth quarter, pulled the Cougars to within 11 points, but they couldn't quite complete the comeback. The stud wideout led the squad last year with 82 receptions for 1,202 yards and 11 touchdowns. He's up to 17 catches for 280 yards through three games. TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline graded him as a third-rounder and wrote last month that Greenberry has "big potential." CBS Sports' Dane Brugler wrote in June that he was intrigued by Greenberry's "NFL tools," but added "he needs a ton of work." Sep 12 - 12:54 AM
I watched him a bit but he doesn't really jump out to you like a guy like Kevin White or Amari Cooper does. He did have two really nice TD catches where he Mossed the defender, his strong hands and ball skills stand out.

OldSchool 10-18-2014 10:06 PM

DeVante Parker returned to action this week.

Quote:

In his return to the field, Louisville senior WR DeVante Parker (toe) hauled in nine passes for 132 yards in Saturday's win against North Carolina State.
Parker missed the Cardinals' first seven games after breaking a bone in his left foot in late-August. Though he didn't reach the end zone, Louisville QB Will Gardner followed in Teddy Bridgewater's footsteps by targeting Parker early and often. The 6-foot-3, 208-pound Parker (55 receptions for 885 yards and a UL-record-tying 12 touchdowns last year) is one of the nation's best WR prospects. With a 4.39 forty, a 10-foot, 10-inch broad jump, an 80-inch wingspan, and a ridiculous catch radius, Parker is a likely future first-rounder. Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Parker as the No. 2 draft-eligible receiver, behind Oklahoma's Dorial Green-Beckham.
Would you have a problem with taking him in the 1st?

OldSchool 10-18-2014 10:09 PM

Update on Diggs.

Quote:

Maryland junior WR Stefon Diggs caught nine passes for 130 yards and a touchdown in the school's 38-31 win over Iowa.
Diggs took a screen pass 53 yards for a touchdown, showcasing vision and straight-line speed. This might not be a common opinion, but Diggs is a linear athlete and his role might be impacted because of it. There has been no indication if he will declare for the draft or not.
Oct 18 - 4:50 PM
Not very high on Diggs.

Exoter175 10-19-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11026582)
DeVante Parker returned to action this week.

Would you have a problem with taking him in the 1st?

You gotta see more from the guy to be confident taking him in the first, like Amari for example. He's going to be a first rounder, no questions asked because we've seen all we need to see from the guy, he's NFL ready. With Parker, you like what you see, but you want more, and in this offense, you need to see more from the blocking side of the game and his commitment to finishing every play, regardless of whether he's involved or not.

OldSchool 10-19-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 11027003)
You gotta see more from the guy to be confident taking him in the first, like Amari for example. He's going to be a first rounder, no questions asked because we've seen all we need to see from the guy, he's NFL ready. With Parker, you like what you see, but you want more, and in this offense, you need to see more from the blocking side of the game and his commitment to finishing every play, regardless of whether he's involved or not.

I think he has AJ Green upside. I am fine with how Parker finishes plays and he competes hard from what I've seen.

kccrow 10-19-2014 06:38 PM

All I know is that after watching the Chiefs drop ball after ball again, they absolutely MUST draft a couple of receivers in 2015. Holy ****.

Exoter175 10-19-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11027344)
I think he has AJ Green upside. I am fine with how Parker finishes plays and he competes hard from what I've seen.

Slow down a little, AJ Green is likely the single most talented receiver in this league. He's better than Megatron, and arguably better all around than Dez Bryant, and without the emotional and attitude problems. That's like, super high praise to say someone has AJ Green upside, and I just don't see it.

Have you seen Parker block on the opposite side of some of these plays though? I don't know. Now, hell yeah he finishes strong when he's got the ball, or the play is coming to his side, but that's one of those "Big Tuna" situations where even the smallest shit can signify a transitional issue into the NFL.

And I bring up blocking because in this offensive scheme, with the personnel that we have, our receivers NEED to be able to block, there's no avoiding that. Which is why guys like Bowe, Hemingway, and Jenkins are seeing significant time while Hammond and Wilson aren't. And I really wanted to see Wilson getting snaps and he's been absent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 11031397)
All I know is that after watching the Chiefs drop ball after ball again, they absolutely MUST draft a couple of receivers in 2015. Holy ****.

Yeah, Bowe's gottttta get his ass in gear and get open, and Alex needs to start trying to get the ball down the field a little more. Bowe is a ****ing rockstar at getting PI called against him. However, that miss today made me want to cry. But then he had two SOLID catches in contention on 3rd downs that made me happy again. He's just not super duper consistent and it pisses me off.

About the only person you can trust to get the ball consistently right now is Kelce, and he's still young and improving, and nothing on this team excites me more than his growth in this offense. He could be truly amazing as he and Alex get more comfortable with one another.

I Love the little I've seen from DAT so far, and Hemingway and Jenkins have both shown a thing or two finally, though with Hemingway's injury, which could be bigger than it looked, I'm hoping this means we see more of Albert Wilson who I was pretty excited about after the draft.

Saccopoo 10-20-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11026586)
Update on Diggs.

Not very high on Diggs.

You might not be, but he absolutely fits with what both Reid and Dorsey look for in a receiver. To a "T."

kccrow 10-20-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11034493)
You might not be, but he absolutely fits with what both Reid and Dorsey look for in a receiver. To a "T."

I think you're crazy... You'll be all over his ass when he runs in the 4.3's at the Combine. :D Kid is a playmaker, absolute dynamite in space (ala Jamaal Charles), and makes some very tough grabs even in traffic.

Saccopoo 10-20-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 11034906)
I think you're crazy... You'll be all over his ass when he runs in the 4.3's at the Combine. :D Kid is a playmaker, absolute dynamite in space (ala Jamaal Charles), and makes some very tough grabs even in traffic.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285132

kccrow 10-20-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11034982)

You did a 2015 mock in July? Pass that shit. :D

I'm prepped to put Diggs in the #1 slot too.

the Talking Can 10-26-2014 09:49 AM

Cooper laid waste yesterday

Quote:

Alabama's Amari Cooper goes out every week and shows his explosive playmaking ability. It's no surprise that he took his production to a record-breaking level Saturday at Tennessee, racking up 224 yards to surpass Julio Jones' mark for most single-game receiving yards by a Crimson Tide receiver.

He's able to find an extra gear, as he showed on his first catch of the game, going 80 yards for a touchdown. At 6-foot-1, he doesn't have the height of A.J. Green or Jordy Nelson, but Cooper's smoothness reminds me of Green's, and I've said before that Cooper's route-running reminds me of Nelson's.

The wide receivers that have been the most consistent and dominant this season are Cooper and West Virginia's Kevin White, who was held to less than 100 yards for the first time this season Saturday (3 catches for 27 yards and a TD). It seems like they're the top contenders for the Biletnikoff Award, given annually to college football's top wide receiver, and Cooper might have taken the lead Saturday.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...on-of-aj-green

OldSchool 10-30-2014 07:48 PM

Seeing Parker play against Florida States' tremendous DBs, there is no way that he isn't going to go in the top 15 in the draft. Way too much physical potential coupled with dominant production on the field.

OldSchool 10-30-2014 07:58 PM

That said, our best bet is now Kevin White and Jaelen Strong.

Sammie Coates, even if he tests well, may also be a possibility because of how raw he is. He'll probably slip like Patterson did in the draft.

Sandy Vagina 10-30-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11072379)
That said, our best bet is now Kevin White and Jaelen Strong.

:clap:

OldSchool 10-31-2014 03:00 AM

Quote:

Louisville senior WR DeVante Parker had eight receptions for 214 yards in Thursday's 42-31 loss to Florida State.
Excuse NFL scouts for salivating. Against a talented secondary featuring potential first-round CB P.J. Williams, Parker thrived, averaging 26.8 yards per catch (including a 71-yard reception). He missed the first seven games of the season with a broken foot, but has made up for lost time immediately, hauling in 17 receptions for 346 yards (he had 55 receptions for 885 yards and a UL-record-tying 12 touchdowns last year). Boasting a 4.39 forty, a 10-foot, 10-inch broad jump, an 80-inch wingspan, and a ridiculous catch radius, the 6-foot-3, 208-pound Parker is a future first-rounder. Rotoworld ranks Parker as the No. 2 draft-eligible receiver, behind Oklahoma's Dorial Green-Beckham.
Oct 30 - 11:43 PM
Holy hell, that's crazy good production against two likely top 50 picks in the 2015 draft in Darby and Williams.

Even though he was out for most of the year, Parker could potentially leapfrog Cooper to be the first WR taken in the draft. He has superior measurables and is a bigger threat in the redzone while still possessing dominant deep ball ability and is also great in the open field. He is also better at making contested catches due to his physical dominance.

OldSchool 10-31-2014 03:34 AM

These poor DBs had absolutely no chance, just like we have nochance of getting Parker because he had to play so well once he got back healthy.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pviJUl63Bn...AIR-PARKER.gif

RunKC 10-31-2014 08:45 AM

610 just said Dorsey was at the Louisville/FSU game last night.

Lots of players to look at

OldSchool 10-31-2014 02:07 PM

Would you trade up for Parker? Dorsey was probably there for the Parker and Williams matchup.

kccrow 10-31-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11073843)
Would you trade up for Parker? Dorsey was probably there for the Parker and Williams matchup.

I'd trade up quite high for Parker, absolutely.

Sandy Vagina 11-01-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Arizona State redshirt junior WR Jaelen Strong's contributions led to two key touchdowns against Washington on Saturday, wrote CBS Sports' Rob Rang.
Strong's matchup against Huskies' CB Marcus Peters will be broken down by scouts all the way up until the spring draft. "The 6-foot-4, 212 pound redshirt junior sparked ASU's scoring with a 16-yard touchdown in front of Peters in the second quarter," Rang wrote. "Though it didn't get his teams points directly, Strong's fourth quarter catch on a deep post also proved critical. For a player with his lanky build, Strong showed very impressive balance and quickness to shake Peters for 23 yards on the route, setting up the Sun Devils' game-winning score."

It has been reported that Strong will declare for the spring draft. Oct 26 - 9:56 PM
rotoworld

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/ye...y-emoticon.gif

RunKC 11-01-2014 11:45 AM

Owen Daniels and Jarrett Boykin in FA and La'El Collins to solidify the OL rd 1 and rashad greene in rd 2 for a nice receiving threat.

smith11 11-03-2014 01:15 AM

I was thinking Laquan Treadwell would be a nice prospect for chiefs if he came out early as I watched the ole miss auburn game--then he suffered what looked to be a pretty serious injury at the end--really unfortunate for the kid

OldSchool 11-08-2014 05:08 PM

Duke Williams suffered a knee injury. Damn, looks like he probably won't declare for the draft.

O.city 11-08-2014 07:19 PM

Tyler Lockett late?

OldSchool 11-08-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11094168)
Tyler Lockett late?

Don't know about that, I'd rather stick to developing Albert Wilson and DAT over bringing in another undersized WR.

Wilson is built like a RB with a WR's skillset.

O.city 11-08-2014 07:38 PM

Locket would be better than hammond. Can't have too many

mszymko 11-11-2014 11:39 PM

Not a big college football fan, but I like to study the draft. How many of these college WRs mentioned in this thread are true #1 receivers in the NFL?

OldSchool 11-12-2014 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszymko (Post 11105032)
Not a big college football fan, but I like to study the draft. How many of these college WRs mentioned in this thread are true #1 receivers in the NFL?

IMO, there are 5 with true #1 potential:

Devante Parker
Amari Cooper
Kevin White
Sammie Coates
Jaelen Strong

Coates is the boom or bust guy, his hands are a bit too inconsistent for my taste but he has the physical potential to become a huge threat in this league. Of course, there are tons of elite athletes who failed in the NFL at the WR position due to poor ball skills, average body control, and a lack of concentration. Coates could end up just being a situational deep threat his entire career or he could magically turn the corner with great coaching and become a complete WR.

He and Jaelen Strong will be the two who are available at our pick if we are picking late 20s in the 1st. Maybe Kevin White but I have a feeling that someone higher is going to fall in love with him.

Parker and Cooper will be gone in the top 15 if not top 10 picks.

Saccopoo 11-12-2014 10:36 AM

Parker scares me a bit.

The guy is absolutely a stud downfield. Highpoints the ball as well as anyone I've seen in college recently.

However, he's not very quick with his get off from the line of scrimmage. Plus, he's been injured quite a bit.

He reminds me a lot of former Boise State stud WR Austin Pettis.

I'm not sure I'd spend a first on Parker.

bshmerlie 11-12-2014 11:08 AM

I really want Amari Cooper although he probably won't be around by the time we pick. I think Dorial Green Beckham is too risky of a prospect to use a first round pick on. If he was to be there in the 2nd round when we pick then I would give it a shot. He just reminded me of Justin Blackmon too much with the off field issues. As far as giving up picks to move up to get Amari Cooper....I'm really hesitate to give up anything but 4th-7th round picks and that wouldn't be enough to really move up by much if anything. What the Bills gave up for Sammy Watkins was crazy...but teams seem to do that stuff every year. If its for a QB that's one thing go ahead and take the shot but for a WR I think thats pushing it because half the time they don't work out anyway. Not that QBs do either but its more of a risk VS reward that I'm willing to accept. Often big trades to move up don't really help the team in the long run. And we need our early picks to address the O-Line and other areas besides WR. I would rather see a WR taken in our spot, where ever it is in the first, and then another one taken in the third then to use a third round pick to move up higher in the first. If that makes any sense. I want an elite WR but WR picks seem to be a crap shoot so lets pick up two to help our odds of getting at least one good one. Besides we need two of them anyways.

Sandy Vagina 11-12-2014 02:56 PM

Rashad Greene reminds me of a young (and better) version of Avery. Would love to see KC go after him in rd 2.. if he falls far enough, and WR is not addressed earlier.

mszymko 11-12-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bshmerlie (Post 11105697)
I really want Amari Cooper although he probably won't be around by the time we pick. I think Dorial Green Beckham is too risky of a prospect to use a first round pick on. If he was to be there in the 2nd round when we pick then I would give it a shot. He just reminded me of Justin Blackmon too much with the off field issues. As far as giving up picks to move up to get Amari Cooper....I'm really hesitate to give up anything but 4th-7th round picks and that wouldn't be enough to really move up by much if anything. What the Bills gave up for Sammy Watkins was crazy...but teams seem to do that stuff every year. If its for a QB that's one thing go ahead and take the shot but for a WR I think thats pushing it because half the time they don't work out anyway. Not that QBs do either but its more of a risk VS reward that I'm willing to accept. Often big trades to move up don't really help the team in the long run. And we need our early picks to address the O-Line and other areas besides WR. I would rather see a WR taken in our spot, where ever it is in the first, and then another one taken in the third then to use a third round pick to move up higher in the first. If that makes any sense. I want an elite WR but WR picks seem to be a crap shoot so lets pick up two to help our odds of getting at least one good one. Besides we need two of them anyways.

Eric Berry + 4th round pick to swap 1st round picks with (insert team X) and snag Amari Cooper in the top 10? ...is that even plausible? IDK

That would allow us to spend Berry's cap space to keep both Hali and Houston theoretically. Our D looks pretty good right now with Parker, and Cooper + Bowe sounds like a best case scenario at WR.

OldSchool 11-12-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszymko (Post 11107106)
Eric Berry + 4th round pick to swap 1st round picks with (insert team X) and snag Amari Cooper in the top 10? ...is that even plausible? IDK

That would allow us to spend Berry's cap space to keep both Hali and Houston theoretically. Our D looks pretty good right now with Parker, and Cooper + Bowe sounds like a best case scenario at WR.

I don't think that you have to sacrifice some strength on the defense in order to significantly improve the offensive weapons. That can easily be done just through the draft or via FA.

jonzie04 11-12-2014 11:57 PM

What do you guys think about deandre smelter? I like him, this is only his second season playing football. He has 600 yards and 6 TD's this season. He Was a baseball player at gt, a pitcher with a 95 mph fast ball. 6'3 220. Aggressive blocker, but doesn't always use his hands, I like how gt left him in to pass block once. not elite speed but pretty dang quick. Pretty raw guy. Any guesses on where he gets taken? Could be a nice late round pickup

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GSnWp4N7rVE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

buddha 11-13-2014 01:58 AM

DGB smokes pot...which of these guys don't? He's too much of a freak athlete not to go in the first round. He's not a behavior risk outside of the weed.

And no, he won't ever play a down at OU.

OldSchool 11-13-2014 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 11107397)
DGB smokes pot...which of these guys don't? He's too much of a freak athlete not to go in the first round. He's not a behavior risk outside of the weed.

And no, he won't ever play a down at OU.

Not just the pot thing. He also, if I remember correctly, had an incident where he pushed his GF's roommate down some stairs and dragged his gf by the hair. No charges were pressed because the GF convinced her roommate not to press any. That's much bigger than the pot thing.

DaKCMan AP 11-13-2014 07:04 AM

Not in the 1st or 2nd round, but Nelson Agholor?

OldSchool 11-13-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 11107454)
Not in the 1st or 2nd round, but Nelson Agholor?

I'd take him in the 3rd but I don't know how much of an upgrade he would be over AJ Jenkins. They kind of have the same weaknesses and strengths.

Strengths:

Speed
Quickness
RAC

Weaknesses:

Consistent ball skills
Catching in traffic
Consistent hands
Strength against press coverage

I definitely don't see him as a potential #1 WR. His upside is as a #2.

OldSchool 11-13-2014 09:40 AM

Here is a comparison that you might like for Agholor:

Quote:

USC junior WR Nelson Agholor was compared to a "young Reggie Wayne" by an NFC scout.
The comparison originated from Agholor's ability to get in and out of his breaks and route running. "One concern the scout expressed about Agholor was field awareness," NFL media writes, citing the receiver stepping out of bounds before converting a fourth down play. The receiver class is shaping up to be another great one, which is noteworthy since last year's group is already making an immediate impact. Oct 30 - 9:46 AM

kc79 11-13-2014 07:28 PM

Justin Hardy of East Carolina. He's been looking good. 2nd or 3rd round pick maybe

RunKC 11-13-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11107616)
I'd take him in the 3rd but I don't know how much of an upgrade he would be over AJ Jenkins. They kind of have the same weaknesses and strengths.

Strengths:

Speed
Quickness
RAC

Weaknesses:

Consistent ball skills
Catching in traffic
Consistent hands
Strength against press coverage

I definitely don't see him as a potential #1 WR. His upside is as a #2.

Agh plot is a very good route runner while Jenkins isn't. Would love this kid on our team.