ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: Making a Murderer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297109)

Jerm 01-02-2016 10:25 PM

That press conference the prosecution had right before Avery's trial discussing Brendan's "confession" really ****ed Avery...they knew it would too and they knew those charges wouldn't stick and low and behold they were thrown out but the damage was done.

More I think about it...Brendan's brother and step dad are curious to me and their involvement. They both alibi only themselves and completely throw Avery/Dassey under the bus.

Swanman 01-03-2016 12:15 AM

I just finished binge watching and holy shit. Really good but I am pissed.

Anonymous is now on the case so who knows what could happen. I just read that one of the jurors in Avery's case had a son with the Manitowoc sheriff's dept. That's convenient.

This story was very similar to the West Memphis Three. Very little or no physical evidence, mentally challenged guy giving a coerced confession. It's scarily similar in many ways.

Buck 01-03-2016 08:27 AM

I'm on episode 4. I shouldn't have started watching this at 2 am. It's now 6:30.

I feel really bad for Brendan. He has nobody defending him. His lawyer is a POS.

Buck 01-03-2016 09:07 AM

Remind me to never go to Wisconsin

Swanman 01-03-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11992510)
I'm on episode 4. I shouldn't have started watching this at 2 am. It's now 6:30.

I feel really bad for Brendan. He has nobody defending him. His lawyer is a POS.

Oh just wait. Not sure where you are but it gets more ridiculous.

The parallels between Brendan and Jesse Misskelley of the West Memphis Three are uncanny when looking at each of their "confessions"

Lprechaun 01-03-2016 11:00 AM

Does the police department look bad to you either way?
Either 1) They procured, planted and railroaded an innocent man OR
2) are so bad at initial investigative work that they miss evidence even after 5 or so times searching.

MTG#10 01-03-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 11992706)
Does the police department look bad to you either way?
Either 1) They procured, planted and railroaded an innocent man OR
2) are so bad at initial investigative work that they miss evidence even after 5 or so times searching.

Corrupt as hell. They didn't miss any evidence, they got frustrated that they couldn't find any so they planted some. I dont know if Avery is guilty or not but at the very least they planted evidence to ensure a guilty verdict.

Lprechaun 01-03-2016 11:56 AM

If you all havent spent a couple hours on reddit you are missing out on some great stuff!
One user brought up Brendan playing Playstation, if he was there would be a timestamp or checkpoint somewhere very close to when he was playing.

DaveNull 01-04-2016 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 11992960)
If you all havent spent a couple hours on reddit you are missing out on some great stuff!
One user brought up Brendan playing Playstation, if he was there would be a timestamp or checkpoint somewhere very close to when he was playing.

It was a PS2 that he says he was playing so that's very doubtful, but game consoles have been used for stuff like this before.

Swanman 01-04-2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11998259)
It was a PS2 that he says he was playing so that's very doubtful, but game consoles have been used for stuff like this before.

It would have to be on a ps2 memory card and they would have to prove that the console had the right time, so all in all it would be impossible to prove anything.

KCCHIEFS27 01-04-2016 12:15 PM

Kratz does an interview in which he presents some more sketchy evidence, as some have pointed to on here, but then finishes the interview by stating he resigned(was forced out) from his DA position in 2010 because of a sexting scandal in which he sent "suggestive" messages to a crime victim and blamed it on his problem of being addicted to prescription drug pills. Then states that it's unfair to question his character at the time of the 2005-2007 case.

Jerm 01-04-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

@SklarBrothers 13h13 hours ago
Ken Kratz's voice is so high, it just tried to sext battered women at Burning Man. #kenkratzsvoiceissohigh #makingamurderer
LOL

BWillie 01-04-2016 12:28 PM

I think it's somewhere between 20-40% that Steven Avery actually committed the murder. 0-5% Cops. 10-20% someone else in the community that knew Steven Avery would be an easy target. The rest and probably most likely scenario is someone else in his family. I think its about completely zero that the idiot kid Brendan Dassey did anything. I really feel bad for that kid. It's why you should NEVER talk to cops, especially when you have a sub 70 IQ.

100% though that the cops planted evidence, of some sort.

Skyy God 01-04-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCCHIEFS27 (Post 11998732)
Kratz does an interview in which he presents some more sketchy evidence, as some have pointed to on here, but then finishes the interview by stating he resigned(was forced out) from his DA position in 2010 because of a sexting scandal in which he sent "suggestive" messages to a crime victim and blamed it on his problem of being addicted to prescription drug pills. Then states that it's unfair to question his character at the time of the 2005-2007 case.

Kratz is a world-class POS. He argued against a victim's rape because he believed you can't rape someone standing up.

KCUnited 01-04-2016 12:48 PM

The brother who gave all the interviews is a comm director of some sort for the Packers.

My wife has an account in Manitowoc that she has to call on a couple times a year. She passed the account on to a new manager during a reorg after viewing the docuseries.