ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337032)

TEX 02-10-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15543235)
I'm saying that the Chiefs need to look at drafting or signing his replacement, because Damien shouldn't be in the plans after 2021

Makes sense for after 2021. Not for next season though IMO.

htismaqe 02-10-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15543234)
It really doesn't matter. This is the simplest way for them to clear the money that they need to clear.

You got a better way? LMAO

That's not the point.

It's not a way for them to clear that money at all. They can't cut them. It's not allowed.

So they'll have to find a better way or they have to HOPE the players oblige.

It's that simple.

I get you - I'd LOVE to get rid of both of them AND their cap hit. But you can't just cut injured players. The CBA doesn't allow it.

TEX 02-10-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15543243)
They're probably going to have to do this as well as cut these two OTs.

Remember, cutting them only gets you barely below the cap.

I'd say you see Veach cut both OTs and do 2-3 deal restructures/extensions in order to bring in Brown and some other free agents.

This will be a fun offseason.

But make no mistake - getting rid of Fisher AND Schwartz will be the key.

And it will happen.

He'll figure something out. In Brian Veepe we trust!

htismaqe 02-10-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 15543247)
Mitch will retire and yes I believe we will part ways with Fisher with an injury settlement.. Cap space will have to be made somehow and there too many health questions with these two..

I think Schwartz will retire as well but again, that's entirely up to him. The Chiefs can't force him to do anything.

As for Fisher, an injury settlement requires him to agree. So unless he AGREES to be cut and get paid for his injury, that won't happen.

wazu 02-10-2021 02:53 PM

Pass

Icon 02-10-2021 02:58 PM

This situation could work in our favor another way. Perhaps a team that needs a tackle that drafts in front of us will trade for Brown which increases the chance one of the blue chip tackles makes it to us at 31 in round one.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15543256)
I get you - I'd LOVE to get rid of both of them AND their cap hit. But you can't just cut injured players. The CBA doesn't allow it.

Sure, sure. They'll both be gone.

This is the way.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15543261)
He'll figure something out. In Brian Veepe we trust!

This is correct.

Veach will slash our offensive tackles.

And we will save eighteen million dollars.

This will happen.

TomBarndtsTwin 02-10-2021 03:23 PM

Lol. Don't see the Ravens trading him to their biggest competition in the AFC and the team that is in the way of where they want to get to. The Chiefs would have to pay a FAR bigger price (draft pick wise) to get them to trade him here. The only team less likely for him to be traded to would probably be the Steelers.

That said, dude seems like he's all about the money, above all else. He doesn't sound very 'flexible' if the need were to arise. Like say, if Fish were to return and they wanted to kick him (brown) to the right side to take over for the injured (or possibly retired) Mitchell Schwartz. Not the kind of guy we need on our team.

Sofa King 02-10-2021 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol

Sassy Squatch 02-10-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 15543894)
Lol

https://media.tenor.com/images/a7d8b...5a26/tenor.gif

Chief Roundup 02-10-2021 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15543237)
Extend Mathieu.
Extend Hill.
Restructure Mahomes.
Restructure Jones.

Want me to keep going?

You don't extend Hill until next year maybe. You don't restructure Mahomes when we are just entering the first year of his new deal. We just signed Jones you don't restructure him this soon either.
We could definitely Clark but they may want to move on from him after next year.
We will not be on the hook, cap wise, for all of Fishers contract. The cap hit will only be on the games he plays and the prorated signing bonus.

staylor26 02-10-2021 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15543905)

Didn’t mean to downvote.

CoMoChief 02-10-2021 09:24 PM

I'm probably the least cap knowledgeable person on this board.

But if Veach could find a way to make this happen. I'd def be on board.

Chiefs need a LT for next year. It's that simple. Fisher will probably miss all of next season. Who knows about Schwartz. Either way...tackle desperately needs addressed this offseason.

htismaqe 02-10-2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 15544127)
I'm probably the least cap knowledgeable person on this board.

But if Veach could find a way to make this happen. I'd def be on board.

Chiefs need a LT for next year. It's that simple. Fisher will probably miss all of next season. Who knows about Schwartz. Either way...tackle desperately needs addressed this offseason.

If you're trading for Brown, it's not for next year. It means you're replacing Fisher. Not sure they're ready to do that.