ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Liberty Bowl 2018: MIZ-ZOU! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320008)

BryanBusby 01-02-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 14002730)
So 2018 Alex Smith can take the Redskins to the playoffs but not 2018 Mahomes?

ROFL

Mahomes is underrated

Uh? Okay, it's clear you don't have a single coherent thought. Run along now. Tell me more on how the guy that's about to be named MVP is underrated though.

But to answer your reeruned question, no. The combination of running for his life and a bad line would have got Pat the result that Alex Smith and Colt McCoy got. Injured.

Best22 01-02-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14002739)
Uh? Okay, it's clear you don't have a single coherent thought. Run along now. Tell me more on how the guy that's about to be named MVP is underrated though.

But to answer your reeruned question, no. The combination of running for his life and a bad line would have got Pat the result that Alex Smith and Colt McCoy got. Injured.

Mahomes gets his d*** sucked hard by the media, no question, they love him. But there is a belief (even in this fanbase) that he is being carried by his talent and that is a ridiculous take. Mahomes was always a great QB prospect, the best since Andrew Luck. That guy turned around a 2-14 team with Pagano at coach, Mahomes is in a similar class of QB

To say otherwise is blind

keg in kc 01-02-2019 02:44 PM

Months ago people, national and local, were wondering what the Chiefs saw that let them part ways with Alex Smith. And now a season later everyone knows. Anyone with eyes can see that he's elevating the talent around him. Nobody with two brain cells thinks he's the beneficiary.

BryanBusby 01-02-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 14002752)
Mahomes gets his d*** sucked hard by the media, no question, they love him. But there is a belief (even in this fanbase) that he is being carried by his talent and that is a ridiculous take. Mahomes was always a great QB prospect, the best since Andrew Luck. That guy turned around a 2-14 team with Pagano at coach, Mahomes is in a similar class of QB

To say otherwise is blind

You just said he gets his dick sucked, but yet is underrated? Make up your mind dude.

Writers were waiting all year to hand MVP to Brees and send him to the farm with a grand story, and you have major writers outright saying that's stupid and Pat is better than a surelock HoF QB. Or are you shook because a professional troll said something else, since its ya know....their job?

Best22 01-02-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14002921)
You just said he gets his dick sucked, but yet is underrated? Make up your mind dude.

Writers were waiting all year to hand MVP to Brees and send him to the farm with a grand story, and you have major writers outright saying that's stupid and Pat is better than a surelock HoF QB. Or are you shook because a professional troll said something else, since its ya know....their job?

I’ve been consistent all year. I don’t care about the MVP stuff other than it’d be a joke to deny it to Pat.

He gets hype but there are many fans who believe Mahomes is only good because of his situation, as if any QB could easily throw 50TD and 5000 yards which is laughable

As impressed as I was with Pat during the pre-draft, he still continues to amaze me. I felt he was an instant upgrade over Alex, but I also felt fans calling for a 50 TD season were homers

Fact is I always felt he was a great QB prospect, and he would succeed on any team, just like Manning, Luck, and Marino. Some guys are just too talented and Mahomes is one of those guys

Sassy Squatch 01-02-2019 04:40 PM

He was going to be a good QB regardless. He's well on his way to being an all time great QB due in no small part to the situation he was drafted into.

Best22 01-02-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14003197)
He was going to be a good QB regardless. He's well on his way to being an all time great QB due in no small part to the situation he was drafted into.

Exactly

Sassy Squatch 01-02-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 14003203)
Exactly

That's what everyone has been trying to tell you.

Best22 01-02-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14003216)
That's what everyone has been trying to tell you.

Mahomes is better because he’s in KC. Better coaching and talent. Nobody denies that. He wouldn’t throw 50TD in Buffalo

But he would still be a top prospect anywhere. Inferior coaching and talent would hide Mahomes’ true talent, but he’d still turn into a good QB