ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Intermittent Fasting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313701)

Couch-Potato 07-13-2018 04:44 AM

Tried this for about a month and went well. I work out 3 days a week and would have protein shake in the am on those days but complete fast from 8pm-noon on other days. Go for it, key is to try and get a bit of cardio work in during the early am and then make sure that first meal is super clean.

Eureka 07-13-2018 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13626082)
It is excessive. There's no reason to do these longs fasts or cleanses. If you like doing them and you think they make you feel good, fine.

A 7 day water only fast cured my digestive issue I’d been having the past few years. I’m a trim dude with some muscle and fasting was a great experience physically as well as mentally. I’d recommend it to anyone but I’m sure it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Rausch 07-13-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 13626445)
A 7 day water only fast cured my digestive issue I’d been having the past few years. I’m a trim dude with some muscle and fasting was a great experience physically as well as mentally. I’d recommend it to anyone but I’m sure it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

I did a 10 day and it was the best I've slept in years.

I'll be doing another starting the 15th. My insomnia is killing me lately...

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-13-2018 08:20 AM

Thinking about doing the 7 day Vodka challenge.

SuperBowl4 07-13-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13504990)
You gotta be takin in something with high fructose corn syrup for it to be high. My wifes TG was over 500 but she drinks Dr.Pepper all ****ing day .Like a 3 liter bottle every day. The doc put her on fish oil and it cut in half but The root cause is the pop and she doesn't care enough to quit.

Tell her to mix that Dr Pepper with JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY but not all ****ing day :BLVD:

Dante84 07-13-2018 11:34 AM

Didn't read the thread, but has anyone made an "Intermittent Fisting" joke yet?

Tribal Warfare 07-13-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 13626421)
I've progressed from the 16:8/18:6 to now One Meal A Day (OMAD)

Which I found surprisingly easy.

1000-1200 calories is my threshold when I'm cutting weight. so I can getaway with 2 meals.

teedubya 07-13-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

It is excessive. There's no reason to do these longs fasts or cleanses. If you like doing them and you think they make you feel good, fine.

Better plan is learning to eat right to lose weight (read bodyfat). Learn to exercise and maintain some muscle mass and keep your bodyfat in check.

Those I hear about or see doing theses long fasts or cleanses are usually overweight people grasping at what they hope is the next miracle fix in a long line of their failed attempts.

I am exercising quite a bit... my upper body is gaining a lot of strength.

Fasting has happened for 1000s of years. Our body isn't meant to be a in fed-state all of the time. You're running narratives.

Fasting is the best medicine. The only reason they are demonized, is because if everyone fasted, the poor food companies would lose money. Oh, and pharmaceutical companies like to prescribe medications instead of cleaning out your system regularly.

Do your research, please.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ittent-fasting

teedubya 07-13-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 13626421)
I've progressed from the 16:8/18:6 to now One Meal A Day (OMAD)

Which I found surprisingly easy.

Good for you. The latest research is you can do OMAD for five days, and then on the weekends do what you want, and you get the same benefits.

https://www.reelhouse.org/revenuereserve/fasting

Danguardace 07-13-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 13627051)
Good for you. The latest research is you can do OMAD for five days, and then on the weekends do what you want, and you get the same benefits.

https://www.reelhouse.org/revenuereserve/fasting

Pretty much what I do, I have breakfast with my wife on Saturday mornings. Sunday's ill probably do 16:8

ThaVirus 07-13-2018 02:05 PM

"Do your research"

Danguardace 07-13-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 13627044)
I am exercising quite a bit... my upper body is gaining a lot of strength.

Fasting has happened for 1000s of years. Our body isn't meant to be a in fed-state all of the time. You're running narratives.

Fasting is the best medicine. The only reason they are demonized, is because if everyone fasted, the poor food companies would lose money. Oh, and pharmaceutical companies like to prescribe medications instead of cleaning out your system regularly.

Do your research, please.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ittent-fasting

100% agree

The sceptics are always so focused on telling people they are just fat and lazy. Fasting isn't just about losing weight it has a ton of other benefits. And people who fast from my experience are not overweight in fact the opposite it has become very popular within the fitness industry, making it easy to stay lean and achieve fitness goals.

Since fasting I have improved my health suffer less headaches, train better and sleep better.

beach tribe 07-13-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13407757)
Good Lord, do I even want to know..?

There are actually some pretty solid studies on how blood types were formed by the foods your ancestors ate and how eating different foods affect those with differing blood types much differently.
This is the theory regarding lactose intolerance.
Some people's ancestors did not have access to dairy and it's not in tune with their evolutionary history.

Danguardace 07-13-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Better plan is learning to eat right to lose weight (read bodyfat). Learn to exercise and maintain some muscle mass and keep your bodyfat in check.

Those I hear about or see doing theses long fasts or cleanses are usually overweight people grasping at what they hope is the next miracle fix in a long line of their failed attempts.

Problem is eating right has no meaning there is so much disagreement as to what is best.

Meat is bad
Fat is bad
Carbs are bad
Diet sodas are bad
Fruit is bad

Depending on who you listen to.

Hammock Parties 07-13-2018 02:20 PM

There's a reason why almost ALL the major religions have some kind of fasting component in their rituals.

Mankind has known for a long time it has benefits.

However, teedubya will still be tubby a year from now. LMAO