ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9068448)
Old Republic is hot right now.

I think it would be infinitely cooler than 7-9 but I imagine they'll be developing movies or a TV series based on the Old Republic.

CGI has gotten to the point where it's somewhat affordable for premium cable TV.

BossChief 10-31-2012 11:34 AM

This is AWESOME news.

I cant wait to take my kid to Episode 7.

Bowser 10-31-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9068448)
Old Republic is hot right now.

Darth Bane

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9068608)
Darth Bane

YES!!!!!

Bring in Drew Karpyshan to consult, and you have a ****ing WINNER.

Frazod 10-31-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9068409)
The worst part is that I don't think he even knew that he was shitting on beloved I.P.

Like I said earlier, the Midichlorians ruined the Star Wars Universe for me. Jar Jar sucked, Ani was a whiny bitch, the dialogue in each prequel was laughable and stiff.

But once he made it known that you had to be born with a certain bloodline to use The Force, ALL the fun was taken away. Hopefully, a smart writer will quickly negate that notion in the onslaught of sequels, TV shows, etc.

Have you ever watched the Plinkett review of Phantom Menace? I've mentioned in it this thread before. I think you'd really appreciate it. He completely dissects the total dumbassery that is Episode I.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...hantom-menace/

Some stuff that he doesn't mention:

Only 2 Sith at one time? Always? What the hell is that? Since they were both killed off in ROTJ, I guess there's no more evil in the universe, right?

And why do the Jedi always feel the need to fight 2-on-1? There's a name for that - pussy. That bothered me almost as much as Jar Jar. Almost. :grr:

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9068630)
Have you ever watched the Plinkett review of Phantom Menace? I've mentioned in it this thread before. I think you'd really appreciate it. He completely dissects the total dumbassery that is Episode I.

Only 2 Sith at one time? Always? What the hell is that? Since they were both killed off in ROTJ, I guess there's no more evil in the universe, right?

And why do the Jedi always feel the need to fight 2-on-1? There's a name for that - pussy. That bothered me almost as much as Jar Jar. Almost. :grr:

LMAO

Thanks! I'll check it out when time permits.

Hopefully, a smart writer can negate some of this stuff, especially the Midichlorians, which would be easy: "Midichlorians? That's how the Jedi thought they were connected to the Force. They were wrong, just as they were wrong about the return of the Sith."

Bam, done. Shut the **** up, George Lucas.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9068630)

Not always. The history has periods were there were armies of Sith as well.

BossChief 10-31-2012 12:04 PM

I know I'm old school and it probably wont happen, but I really hope that Disney distances themselves from all the CGI stuff and goes back to more of what made the original movies great and more real. You had a connection with characters like Yoda, Chewbacca and the Ewoks that was thrown out the moment the unveiled the CGI Yoda and other characters.

That, to me, was the biggest fail of the prequels and even the remakes of the originals that Lucas re-released.

Frazod 10-31-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9068694)

Yoda specifically said that there are two - no more, no less.

Yes, it's as dumb as the midachlorians, and needs to be excised.

I personally hope that the new movies are approached in such a manner all of the content from the last three abortions is ignored. Sort of like Highlander 2.

Frazod 10-31-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9068701)
I know I'm old school and it probably wont happen, but I really hope that Disney distances themselves from all the CGI stuff and goes back to more of what made the original movies great and more real. You had a connection with characters like Yoda, Chewbacca and the Ewoks that was thrown out the moment the unveiled the CGI Yoda and other characters.

That, to me, was the biggest fail of the prequels and even the remakes of the originals that Lucas re-released.

I remember seeing an interview a young George Lucas gave (may be in the Plinkett review) where he specifically says that special effects should NOT overpower the story.

Swear to God.

:shake:

Discuss Thrower 10-31-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9068694)

But not armies of Sith lords.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9068709)
Yoda specifically said that there are two - no more, no less.

Yes, it's as dumb as the midachlorians, and needs to be excised.

I personally hope that the new movies are approached in such a manner all of the content from the last three abortions is ignored. Sort of like Highlander 2.

During Yoda's time the Sith were in hiding and had only two members with each successive Master and Apprentice.

Prior to that, they were an Army that was defeated and thought extinct. Only Darth Bane survived, and he instituted the Rule of Two.

Prior to Bane, there were at least three periods that the Sith were large in number and sought to destroy the republic and take over the galaxy.

Bowser 10-31-2012 12:11 PM

It's been awhile since I've really delved into the SW universe, so Clay or DCS are prbably more up on this stuff, but I think the Sith originally started off as two and only two, then grew to legion for centuries until Darth Bane came along and wiped out ALL the Sith, and nearly all the Jedi pretty much single handedly.

All that took place roughly 1000 years before Yavin, or roughly the same time Yoda was crawling out of the swamp.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9068715)
But not armies of Sith lords.

Incorrect.

Bane was a Sith Lord serving with a multitude of Sith Lords out of Korriban during the Rusaan War.

Frazod 10-31-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9068721)
During Yoda's time the Sith were in hiding and had only two members with each successive Master and Apprentice.

Prior to that, they were an Army that was defeated and thought extinct. Only Darth Bane survived, and he instituted the Rule of Two.

Prior to Bane, there were at least three periods that the Sith were large in number and sought to destroy the republic and take over the galaxy.

Never read any of the backstory - I'm just going by what was said in the movies.

Bowser 10-31-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9068721)

There you go, frazod.

BossChief 10-31-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9068713)
I remember seeing an interview a young George Lucas gave (may be in the Plinkett review) where he specifically says that special effects should NOT overpower the story.

Swear to God.

:shake:

IMO George got extremely lazy with the prequels. Very disappointing.

Dallas Chief 10-31-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9068419)
The biggest problem with doing a Thrawn series today is that first off, the real age of Hamill, Fisher and Ford don't line up with the books. Plus, I seriously doubt that Ford would even consider it.

I'm guessing they'll do the Thrawn trilogy and the follow up Dualities at some point but I'll bet it'll be when the original actors have absolutely no chance of reprising their role, making it a reboot of sorts.

Holy shit! Strong is the nerd with you. This...I never knew.

loochy 10-31-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9068727)
Incorrect.

Bane was a Sith Lord serving with a multitude of Sith Lords out of Korriban during the Rusaan War.

In Sith Rusaa Sith Lord serve YOU

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9068839)
In Sith Rusaa Sith Lord serve YOU

LMAO

Brock 10-31-2012 12:40 PM

This can only be an improvement.

Swanman 10-31-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9068727)
Incorrect.

Bane got tired of the Sith army playing political games, he thought it made them weak. So he instituted the rule of two, where a master/apprentice would work together in the shadows to wreck shit.

Tribal Warfare 10-31-2012 05:06 PM

Star Wars 7 Plot Will Be "an Original Story," Says Lucasfilm Source

First of all, you should know that there is an official canon concerning the Star Wars universe. Those stories cover the years after rebel victory (i.e., after Return of the Jedi). It's written in a series of books called the Thrawn Trilogy, by author Timothy Zahn. Die-hard Star Wars fans know the trilogy well, and they say that a big-screen adaptation of the first book, Heir to the Empire, would make the most logical Episode 7.

"Of all the speculation out there about the content of this new trilogy, that's the single most concrete idea," says Eric Geller of the fan site TheForce.net. "It's almost inevitable that the story will take place in the same time frame as those books."

So what happens in "those books?"

Well, Luke Skywalker meets a real would-be assassin lady named Mara Jade, who was trained to avenge the Emperor by crushing Luke's pretty blond head. Instead, Jade falls for Luke and, a subsequent graphic novel, the two marry. Skywalker also has to deal with the fact that he's the only Jedi left, at least, for now, and he goes about trying to fix that.
Send us your questions on Facebook!

Princess Leia and Han Solo also play heavily into the Thrawn Trilogy, popping out a pair of twins (of course) among other things. As for the name Thrawn, well, that refers to a grand admiral with imperial sympathies who takes over as the leader of the vanquished enemy faction.

So is that the basis for Episode 7 or not? I've heard directly from LucasFilm and other sources close to the picture, and they say: Definitely not.

"It's an original story," a LucasFilm source tells me.
In other words, forget the Star Wars novels. Forget the graphic novels. Forget everything you think you know about what happens to Luke Skywalker. According to my sources, Episode 7 will literally be nothing you've ever seen or read before from the Star Wars universe.
I also hear from several sources that, no matter what you may hear to the contrary, no director has been officially attached to the project.
Meanwhile, there isn't much news regarding the other big Star Wars projects currently in development.

A spoofy cartoon TV series, Detours, was announced in August, spearheaded by Seth Green and the other creators of Robot Chicken. No release dates or networks were revealed, but Disney has said that it envisions some sort of Star Wars presence on its Disney XD channel. I wouldn't be surprised if Detours landed there.
Disney is paying how much for LucasFilm!?!?

Lastly, there's the live action series, which has been bubbling around since 2008 and which is supposed to take place between Episodes 3 and 4, when Luke Skywalker is growing up.

As I reported earlier, Lucasfilm was still talking in enthusiastic terms about Star Wars: Underworld less than a year ago. At that time, the show had a lot of scripts in the can but no financing. But if there's one thing that Disney has, it's money. Still, insiders tell me it's too soon to expect any announcements on either series.

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9068419)
The biggest problem with doing a Thrawn series today is that first off, the real age of Hamill, Fisher and Ford don't line up with the books. Plus, I seriously doubt that Ford would even consider it.

I'm guessing they'll do the Thrawn trilogy and the follow up Dualities at some point but I'll bet it'll be when the original actors have absolutely no chance of reprising their role, making it a reboot of sorts.

New actors absolutely need to be cast.

It worked for Star Trek, it can work for Star Wars.

Bowser 10-31-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9069669)

Yeah, I figured it would be a given.

Who would be good replacements?

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9069669)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9069678)

Yesterday:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9066213)
It was done successfully with Star Trek, so it can be done.

Although the word on the street is that it would be new scripts, not novel adaptions.

:D

No idea who they'd cast. DiCaprio really wanted the part of Anakin but he also wanted creative input, so we were stuck with Christensen.

I just hope it's not a bunch of ****ing Disney kids like Selena Gomez.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 9068753)
Holy shit! Strong is the nerd with you. This...I never knew.

Not really, Dude. I'm not really "into" anything nerdy although I liked A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back as a kid but hated Return of the Jedi.

I first came to Hollywood alone and when walking around on the weekends, noticed newsstands everywhere. I just happened to stumble upon the first Zahn/Thrawn book in 1993 and purchased it. I've read that trilogy and his follow up dualities since but I could never get into the other authors much.

Frazod 10-31-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9069696)
No idea who they'd cast. DiCaprio really wanted the part of Anakin but he also wanted creative input, so we were stuck with Christensen.

I just hope it's not a bunch of ****ing Disney kids like Selena Gomez.

I assume creative input = read the script and said "Holy shit, this is terrible."

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9069712)
I assume creative input = read the script and said "Holy shit, this is terrible."

I'm not even sure it got that far. All I can recall is that DiCaprio spent a weekend at Skywalker Ranch and once Lucas denied any input whatsoever from DiCaprio, he was out.

Outside of the scenes with Jango and Obi Wan, AOTC is unwatchable for me.

Bowser 10-31-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9069702)
Not really, Dude. I'm not really "into" anything nerdy although I liked A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back as a kid but hated Return of the Jedi.

I first came to Hollywood alone and when walking around on the weekends, noticed newsstands everywhere. I just happened to stumble upon the first Zahn/Thrawn book in 1993 and purchased it. I've read that trilogy and his follow up dualities since but I could never get into the other authors much.

I once made up my mind that I was going to read every SW story in chronological order. Not a chance. Some stories were pretty decent, others were just bad bad.

I'd recommend the Thrawn saga to anyone who ever even just kind of had a liking for Star Wars. Good stuff. I've also read that the Rogue Squadron stories are pretty good....

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9069712)

Lol, I can actually see that happening.

Bowser 10-31-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9069714)
I'm not even sure it got that far. All I can recall is that DiCaprio spent a weekend at Skywalker Ranch and once Lucas denied any input whatsoever from DiCaprio, he was out.

I seriously grimmaced every time Padme and Anakin had a romantic scene. It was that awful.

Even the Jedi free for all on Geonosis couldn't save that film.

Bowser 10-31-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9069725)
I seriously grimmaced every time Padme and Anakin had a romantic scene. It was that awful.

Just to be fair, the scene where Anakin finds his mom and he starts slipping to the dark side was good. Needed way more of that.

Frazod 10-31-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9069714)

One of the best parts of the Plinkett thing is footage of Lucas brainstorming (if you can even call it that) with his various sycophants and underlings. They laugh at his stupid jokes and agree with everything he says, but the pained looks on their faces really say it all - they know he's out of his ****ing mind, but won't argue with him because they like getting paid. I guess Leo wanted no part of that crap.

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9069678)

Well, it would need to be older actors. 35+ IMO.

Here are some off the top of my head picks:

Luke - Sam Worthington

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic...0213/sam_l.jpg

Han - Jon Hamm

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SgTf7swAhZ.../john_hamm.jpg

Leia - Amy Adams

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5268/...5b2802e878.jpg

It's too bad Patricia Heaton is 54 ****ing years old because 10 years ago she would have killed as an aging, yet fiesty Princess Leia. She's certainly short enough, at 5-2. Carrie Fisher was about 5-1.

http://image.funscrape.com/images/p/...aton_27833.jpg

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9069741)

With Hamill, Ford and Fisher still alive, Disney would face an enormous backlash if 7-9 re-cast them as actors.

I could see them re-cast in 2020 and beyond, but with the scrutiny and negative reviews that Episodes 1-3 received, Disney will need to hit a home run with 7-9 or face massive brand failure.

The only way I can see them proceeding with Luke, Leia and Han's characters in the short term would be through animation and voice actors and even then, it would probably be restricted to television.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9069725)

Yeah, that was pretty awful, too. It looked like a bunch of extras super-imposed on the image of Geonosis, which itself, was cheesy looking, IMO.

Frazod 10-31-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9069741)

Here are some off the top of my head picks:

Luke - Sam Worthington

Han - Jon Hamm

Leia - Amy Adams

Off the top of my head, I'd go with Matt Damon, Daniel Craig and Teri Hatcher.

Frazod 10-31-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9069766)
With Hamill, Ford and Fisher still alive, Disney would face an enormous backlash if 7-9 re-cast them as actors.

I could see them re-cast in 2020 and beyond, but with the scrutiny and negative reviews that Episodes 1-3 received, Disney will need to hit a home run with 7-9 or face massive brand failure.

The only way I can see them proceeding with Luke, Leia and Han's characters in the short term would be through animation and voice actors and even then, it would probably be restricted to television.

Do you really think so? I mean, Hamill and Fisher have not aged well (at all) and Ford is 70. Unless they're just sitting around Jedi Council style, how the hell would you pull it off?

Frazod 10-31-2012 06:24 PM

Hamill

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/M...UOAgbCXtEl.jpg

Fisher

http://img1.bdbphotos.com/images/ori...3q6o7dwwd6.jpg

Ford

http://topnews.in/light/files/Harrison-Ford_5.jpg

I mean, seriously.....

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9069777)
Off the top of my head, I'd go with Matt Damon, Daniel Craig and Teri Hatcher.

Teri Hatcher would be a terrible choice. She's almost 50, and really not a very good actress at all, IMO.

Matt Damon could nail Luke Skywalker, but I'm not sure I like having such a HUGE NAME attached in such a lead role. It would be weird.

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 06:24 PM

LMAO

Can we cast them all as Sith Lords?

Frazod 10-31-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9069797)
Teri Hatcher would be a terrible choice. She's almost 50, and really not a very good actress at all, IMO.

Matt Damon could nail Luke Skywalker, but I'm not sure I like having such a HUGE NAME attached in such a lead role. It would be weird.

It's not like Carrie Fisher won a crate full of Oscars....

Hatcher was just the first older hot brown-eyed brunette I thought of.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9069784)
Do you really think so? I mean, Hamill and Fisher have not aged well (at all) and Ford is 70. Unless they're just sitting around Jedi Council style, how the hell would you pull it off?

Yeah, that's what I mean. I don't think 7-9 will include those characters.

I think they'll do the Thrawn series or future movies with those characters in a new saga when it's more "acceptable" to re-cast.

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 06:26 PM

Why is re-casting Luke Skywalker so much more horrendous than re-casting Captain Kirk?

The last time Mark Hamill played Luke was 1983.

Shatner was reprising his role as Kirk all the way through the early 90s.

Disney should just ****ing do it.

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9069805)
It's not like Carrie Fisher won a crate full of Oscars....

Hatcher was just the first older hot brown-eyed brunette I thought of.

Yeah but, like Dane said, backlash.

If you cast some awful actor in any of these roles and they do a shit job, it's not gonna look good.

If you get a real actor in there who can nail a role, make it their own and ape the original actor's performance somewhat, home run.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9069808)
Why is re-casting Luke Skywalker so much more horrendous than re-casting Captain Kirk?

The last time Mark Hamill played Luke was 1983.

Shatner was reprising his role as Kirk all the way through the early 90s.

Disney should just ****ing do it.

I think it will be fine to re-cast, just not for this particular series of 1-9.

Outside of that, sure.

I think it would be weird, continuity-wise, to have Luke played by Hamill in Episode 6 and played by Ryan Gosling or whomever in Episode 7.

Frazod 10-31-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9069806)
Yeah, that's what I mean. I don't think 7-9 will include those characters.

I think they'll do the Thrawn series or future movies with those characters in a new saga when it's more "acceptable" to re-cast.

I still don't see the problem with recasting. IMO, if James T. Kirk can be recast, Luke Skywalker can be recast.

Brock 10-31-2012 06:34 PM

It's not like Mark Hamill is in any kind of shape to take that up again anyway.

Simply Red 10-31-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9066097)
Good, I hope this means George Lucas is done with Star Wars. He has almost completely destroyed it. I was a huge fan of the originals.

he didn't destroy shit, you just got older - so **** YOU!

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9069813)
I think it will be fine to re-cast, just not for this particular series of 1-9.

Outside of that, sure.

I think it would be weird, continuity-wise, to have Luke played by Hamill in Episode 6 and played by Ryan Gosling or whomever in Episode 7.

I just don't see the point of an Episode 7 without the Skywalkers in it.

What would they even make the story about?

I guess a Boba Fett/Jabba/Galatic Underworld movie would be cool, but that's supposed to be the setting for the TV show.

TribalElder 10-31-2012 06:41 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/29321423.jpg

Tribal Warfare 10-31-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9069837)

I guess a Boba Fett/Jabba/Galatic Underworld movie would be cool, but that's supposed to be the setting for the TV show.

there were rumors of it being 1000 years in the future with no connection to the Skywalker storyline.

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 06:47 PM

See, **** it.

I want to see more Luke Skywalker adventures.

Maybe the bastard can turn to the darkside, like he did in Dark Empire. How cool would that be?

http://media.indiedb.com/images/grou...Luke-dark1.jpg

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9069837)

Again, I think Disney will be cool at some point with re-casting the characters from the original series and sending them off on new adventures.

But just as it wouldn't make sense to have a different Batman for each of Chris Nolan's Dark Knight, it doesn't make sense to have different Han, Leia or Luke for Episode 7-9.

If that's the road they're heading, they'd be better off with a stand alone trilogy and not a continuation. But then again, Disney has been known to **** shit up (John Carter of Mars), so who really knows.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense thematically and would be a tough sell as a continuation of the original series.

tk13 10-31-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9069830)
It's not like Mark Hamill is in any kind of shape to take that up again anyway.

TRAINING MONTAGE!

Only instead of running up steps and punching things, he's lightsaber sparring and trying to make things float with his mind.

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 06:54 PM

Mark is only 61.

If he got his ass off the couch he could have a cameo as geriatric master Skywalker. :D

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 07:19 PM

Take it FWIW:

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture...s/%28page%29/2

While some fan sites speculated that the new movies would be based on stories already tackled in the novels written about the “Star Wars” universe after “Return of the Jedi,” E! News said a Lucasfilm source told them that the plotline of the new movies would be “original.” E! writer Leslie Gornstein writes that according to her source, the new films “will literally be nothing you've ever seen or read before from the Star Wars universe.”

So, one would assume, that means no Luke. No Han Solo. No Princess Leia. No Mara Jade (the assassin Luke falls in love with and marries in the novels, in case you were wondering). It sounds like it would be all-new characters, an all-new plotline.

--------------

If this report true, I don't understand why Disney would call it Episode 7-9. It should be a new trilogy with its own name, like Star Wars: The New Empire, or whatever.

whoman69 10-31-2012 07:23 PM

If they will release Star Wars VII, I will take back everything bad I have to say about this. I do withhold my right to say it sucks later.

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 07:23 PM

Sounds like they're being too ambitious.

Frazod 10-31-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9069858)
See, **** it.

I want to see more Luke Skywalker adventures.

Maybe the bastard can turn to the darkside, like he did in Dark Empire. How cool would that be?

http://media.indiedb.com/images/grou...Luke-dark1.jpg

Holy crap, what a horrible painting.

Did the dark side make an arm grow out of Luke's lower rib cage? LMAO

Strongside 10-31-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9069972)

A common side effect of hatred.

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9069972)

He's leaning forward, dude.

Stop hating on Dark Empire covers. Most badass EU ever.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/st...empire/5-1.jpg

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/st...empire/6-1.jpg

Deberg_1990 10-31-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9069874)
Mark is only 61.

If he got his ass off the couch he could have a cameo as geriatric master Skywalker. :D

He can't act.

"I'm going into Toshi station to pick up some power converters......"

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 08:07 PM

So apparently, 7, 8 & 9 weren't a secret to Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/3...de-vii-disney/

So you met with George this past summer and he told you about his plans to make another trilogy?

Yeah, last August, he asked Carrie and I to have lunch with him and we did. I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the Star Wars TV series that I’ve heard about — which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor — or the 3-D releases. So when he said, “We decided we’re going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,” I was just gobsmacked. “What? Are you nuts?!” [Laughs] I can see both sides of it. Because in a way, there was a beginning, a middle, and an end and we all lived happily ever after and that’s the way it should be — and it’s great that people have fond memories, if they do have fond memories. But on the other hand, there’s this ravenous desire on the part of the true believers to have more and more and more material. It’s one of those things: people either just don’t care for it or are passionate about it. I guess that defines what cult movies are all about. We’ll see. I’m anxious to know what’s going on, but the main story [yesterday] was the sale to Disney. I have mixed feelings about that, but they haven’t done badly by Marvel and the Muppets and Pixar. It’s one of those big decisions that at first seems unusual but then the more you look at it, the more it makes sense.

When you had lunch with George, did he get into any details with you about where the story would go in the next three films, or whether you would have a part in them?

Well, no, he was just talking about writers and the fact that he wouldn’t be directing. I guess he wanted us to know before everybody else knew. He said, “Now you can’t tell anybody!” [Laughs] Even now I’m nervous about saying anything. I just don’t know!

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9070000)
He can't act.

His voice acting career has been very successful

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 08:13 PM

It's amusing that Harrison Ford didn't come to lunch.

He hates Star Wars. LMAO

Valiant 10-31-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9069874)
Mark is only 61.

Kyle Katarn saga..

And they could just make up the next trilogy with Skywalker as master..

Hammock Parties 10-31-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9070233)
Kyle Katarn saga..

God, that would kick so much ass.

Apart from this bit...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../27/Desann.jpg

I actually think the original Jedi Knight game could be turned into a kick ass movie, or maybe even trilogy.

Jerec was a very cool villain.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rec-stance.jpg

Quote:

Jerec served the Empire as an Inquisitor for many years. However, Jerec was in truth devoted only to himself.

One of the most powerful Dark Jedi in the Empire, Jerec continually sought ways to increase his power and take the Empire for himself. One of his chief obsessions was the Valley of the Jedi on the lost planet of Ruusan, which contained vast amounts of trapped Force power.

After the Emperor's death at Endor, Jerec formed a band of seven Dark Jedi to seek out the Valley. He was able to find the legendary well of energy, and reached incredible heights of power by basking in its aura. However, for all his power, he was defeated in combat by Kyle Katarn, a novice Jedi who fulfilled an ancient prophecy, regarding freeing the Valley's trapped Jedi and Sith spirits. When Katarn offered him his fallen lightsaber in a final act of mercy, Jerec made one last attack and was struck down in the heart of the Valley.

Hammock Parties 11-01-2012 03:58 AM

http://www.movieweb.com/news/luke-sk...he-new-trilogy

The news about Luke Skywalker appearing in this new trilogy as a 40 year old man comes from George Lucas biographer Dale Pollock, who was allowed to read the treatments from Episode 7 through Episode 12 while working with Lucas. In speaking with The Wrap, he spilled a bit about what he knows.

"It was originally a 12-part saga. The three most exciting stories were 7, 8 and 9. They had propulsive action, really interesting new worlds, new characters. I remember thinking, 'I want to see these 3 movies."

The writer, who had a falling out with George Lucas some years ago, is not able to say much more about the overall story of this proposed treatment that the creator of the franchise has been working on. He did mention that it revolves around Luke's later-in-life exploits, and that the Disney deal includes these 12 chapters in the Star Wars saga.

"They will need an older Luke Skywalker. [The new] Writers will absolutely take his outline. That's in part what Disney bought."

mdchiefsfan 11-01-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9070542)
http://www.movieweb.com/news/luke-sk...he-new-trilogy

The news about Luke Skywalker appearing in this new trilogy as a 40 year old man comes from George Lucas biographer Dale Pollock, who was allowed to read the treatments from Episode 7 through Episode 12 while working with Lucas. In speaking with The Wrap, he spilled a bit about what he knows.

"It was originally a 12-part saga. The three most exciting stories were 7, 8 and 9. They had propulsive action, really interesting new worlds, new characters. I remember thinking, 'I want to see these 3 movies."

The writer, who had a falling out with George Lucas some years ago, is not able to say much more about the overall story of this proposed treatment that the creator of the franchise has been working on. He did mention that it revolves around Luke's later-in-life exploits, and that the Disney deal includes these 12 chapters in the Star Wars saga.

"They will need an older Luke Skywalker. [The new] Writers will absolutely take his outline. That's in part what Disney bought."

I don't know. I guess the writing wouldn't be bad, but I don't want Lucas having any hand in their productions.

ReynardMuldrake 11-01-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9070000)
He can't act.

Are you kidding? He killed it as the animated Joker.

Also: Lucas writes some of the shittiest dialog known to man.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_gBWpWwIBKw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 11-01-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9070043)
It's amusing that Harrison Ford didn't come to lunch.

He hates Star Wars. LMAO

is that true or just a myth? Ford owes his career to Lucas. American Graffetti, Star Wars and Indy.

Swanman 11-01-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9069702)

I really enjoyed the Republic Commando books, most were written by Karen Traviss. The Rogue Squadron series was also very entertaining.

Frazod 11-01-2012 09:48 AM

Saw this on facebook :D

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...38927051_n.jpg

DaneMcCloud 11-01-2012 11:46 AM

Well, this is a drag for those people wanting Blu-Ray editions of the original, unedited films.

----

Fox Still Owns The Original "Star Wars"

Ready for the first wrinkle in the Disney-Lucasfilm deal?

While Disney will own and release future films in the "Star Wars" series, the deal does NOT include the distribution rights to the pre-existing "Star Wars" films.

Those rights remain with 20th Century Fox. In fact, Fox owns distribution rights to the original 1977 "Star Wars" film in perpetuity in all media worldwide.

It also has theatrical, nontheatrical and home video rights worldwide to the other five films in the series through May 2020.

This means Disney can't issue a 'complete saga' set unless a deal with Fox is made. It also means fan hopes for quality Blu-ray editions of the theatrical cuts of the original trilogy are highly unlikely.

Fox also plans to still re-release the 3D versions of "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith" next Fall.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-tie-up-384541

Hammock Parties 11-01-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9070598)
is that true or just a myth? Ford owes his career to Lucas. American Graffetti, Star Wars and Indy.

Very true. Star Wars embarrasses him. He thinks he's too good for it.

Deberg_1990 11-01-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9071372)
Well, this is a drag for those people wanting Blu-Ray editions of the original, unedited films.

----

Fox Still Owns The Original "Star Wars"

Ready for the first wrinkle in the Disney-Lucasfilm deal?

While Disney will own and release future films in the "Star Wars" series, the deal does NOT include the distribution rights to the pre-existing "Star Wars" films.

Those rights remain with 20th Century Fox. In fact, Fox owns distribution rights to the original 1977 "Star Wars" film in perpetuity in all media worldwide.

It also has theatrical, nontheatrical and home video rights worldwide to the other five films in the series through May 2020.

This means Disney can't issue a 'complete saga' set unless a deal with Fox is made. It also means fan hopes for quality Blu-ray editions of the theatrical cuts of the original trilogy are highly unlikely.

Fox also plans to still re-release the 3D versions of "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith" next Fall.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-tie-up-384541

Meh.....no biggie to me. I actually like some of the updated effects and appreciate no matte lines on ships.

I wish they would cut the Greedo shoots first and Han/Jabba scene in Star Wars though, but i can live with it.

Mr. Laz 11-01-2012 01:23 PM

more than likely Disney turns it into a commercialized pile of shit, but Lucas wasn't doing anything with it so i guess it can't be any worse.

Seems like Lucas pretty much hates the whole franchise

DaneMcCloud 11-01-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9071543)
Meh.....no biggie to me. I actually like some of the updated effects and appreciate no matte lines on ships.

I wish they would cut the Greedo shoots first and Han/Jabba scene in Star Wars though, but i can live with it.

Well, it's also interesting to note that Disney spent $4 BILLION and didn't even get the first six episodes.

They're really banking on their new productions to be extremely successful.

I'd expect some big name directors for the first few episodes (Speilberg, Brad Bird, Nolan, etc. type guys).

DaneMcCloud 11-01-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9071591)
more than likely Disney turns it into a commercialized pile of shit, but Lucas wasn't doing anything with it so i guess it can't be any worse.

Seems like Lucas pretty much hates the whole franchise

How much more "commercialized" could Star Wars become? That's how Lucas made a majority of his income: Merchandising.

I don't think he hates it at all. He sold it to Disney because he believes it'll keep his legacy alive.

Every single production will say "Based on Characters Created By George Lucas".