ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

007 11-19-2012 03:23 PM

I mentioned in teh asylum on FB about the number of fans that were wearing black when the game ended and got a response saying those were just hte Bengals fans. What a moron.

noa 11-19-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9133174)
I realize that if they did that, the PR (heh) would be rather negative, but I have a funny feeling that that might happen on Sunday.

A ticket is a revocable license. They can kick you out for whatever they want, but you already mentioned the main check on them -- the optics.
Posted via Mobile Device

007 11-19-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9134154)
A ticket is a revocable license. They can kick you out for whatever they want, but you already mentioned the main check on them -- the optics.
Posted via Mobile Device

OK. I'll wear my red jersey over my black jersey and then switch them when I get in. heh

The Franchise 11-19-2012 03:52 PM

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflreview.php

Quote:

It was cool to see some black shirts in the crowd, as some of the fans donned that color to represent their disdain for the front office. This campaign was run by @savethechiefs, but it didn't look like it was enough. There was just too much red in the stands. Kansas City fans need to wise up and follow @savethechiefs if they want their team to ever be good again.

007 11-19-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9134195)

It will never be enough. But it was one HELL of a start.

Mile High Mania 11-19-2012 04:11 PM

Did you guys see this one?

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/20...fs-tweet-2.jpg

Agent V 11-19-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9134235)

80,688 followers as of right now. Goddamn, that's impressive for a fan revolt.

1ChiefsDan 11-19-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9134195)

did you correct him on the twitter handle? not savethechiefs, @saveourchiefs

teedubya 11-19-2012 04:35 PM

If Pioli isn't fired... we need a banner such as...

"STH- Don't renew until Pioli is fired"

007 11-19-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9134300)
If Pioli isn't fired... we need a banner such as...

"STH- Don't renew until Pioli is fired"

They won't fire him before the season is over so where would you even fly that banner?

Marcellus 11-19-2012 04:38 PM

IMO until Pioli is fired we need to stick with the message and fly the same banner this week and hand out flyers again.

CaliforniaChief 11-19-2012 04:46 PM

I had a glimmer of hope that Clark would shit-can Pioli today. But it didn't, so things move forward.

Just some thoughts:
1. SOC is now the face of the opposition. Validation by name recognition of both local and national media have cemented that. That's outstanding, making yesterday a success.

2. Our ability to raise funds should now go way up. Now that SOC is a valid organization to counter Pioli/RAC/the F.O., people will be more apt to donate...especially if its clear that all remaining proceeds upon the firing of Pioli will go immediately to Boys/Girls Clubs of Kansas City.

3. That said, I think it would be good for the powers-that-be to develop a plan and budget for banners/billboards/advertisements/Arrowhead events/etc. between today and the end of the season to keep the heat on, turn the heat up. It should be ambitious and increasingly disruptive.

4. A "thank you" message to those who kept the blackout and something to continue to reach out to the angry fans who haven't bought in yet would be good.

Just some thoughts. Great job, yesterday!

Tribal Warfare 11-19-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9134310)
IMO until Pioli is fired we need to stick with the message and fly the same banner this week and hand out flyers again.

different slogan with the Fire Pioli tagline, but handing out fliers again a definate big yes since it's a hot button issue with Pioli in itself.

Dave Lane 11-19-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9134321)
I had a glimmer of hope that Clark would shit-can Pioli today. But it didn't, so things move forward.

Just some thoughts:
1. SOC is now the face of the opposition. Validation by name recognition of both local and national media have cemented that. That's outstanding, making yesterday a success.

2. Our ability to raise funds should now go way up. Now that SOC is a valid organization to counter Pioli/RAC/the F.O., people will be more apt to donate...especially if its clear that all remaining proceeds upon the firing of Pioli will go immediately to Boys/Girls Clubs of Kansas City.

3. That said, I think it would be good for the powers-that-be to develop a plan and budget for banners/billboards/advertisements/Arrowhead events/etc. between today and the end of the season to keep the heat on, turn the heat up. It should be ambitious and increasingly disruptive.

4. A "thank you" message to those who kept the blackout and something to continue to reach out to the angry fans who haven't bought in yet would be good.

Just some thoughts. Great job, yesterday!

I agree completely. As tempting as it is to call yesterday the battle of Berlin, the battle still rages and there needs to be additional heat put on Pioli and Company.

I do think Clay updating the Hitler Der Untergang with new verbage could be good, spamming the text help line, more flyers.

Its going to be hard to maintain the blackout as people thought it was a onetime thing but whatever we can do to get the word out to don black till the Don is gone is needed.

CaliforniaChief 11-19-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9134349)
I agree completely. As tempting as it is to call yesterday the battle of Berlin, the battle still rages and there need to be additional heat put on Pioli and Company.

I do think Clay updating the Hitler Der Untergang with new verbage could be good, spamming the text help line, more flyers.

Its going to be hard to maintain the blackout as people thought it was a onetime thing but whatever we can do to get the word out to don black thill the Don is gone is needed.

Exactly. If we can show that yesterday wasn't the final shot but just the first of a growing number, that could be enough. The F.O. reads these posts and figures that it was all about yesterday.

Dave Lane 11-19-2012 05:05 PM

Next week if you need my help with flyers and I get approached instead of stopping handing out flyers I'm going to have someone video tape the entire process and refuse to stop until they arrest me. I'm willing to take one for the team and any payment of fine I'll just consider a donation to SOC .

I'm also going to contact the ACLU this week to see if they have any interest in making this a test case for 1st amendment rights on public property.

Titty Meat 11-19-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9134353)
Next week if you need my help with flyers and I get approached instead of stopping handing out flyers I'm going to have someone video tape the entire process and refuse to stop until they arrest me. I'm willing to take one for the team and any payment of fine I'll just consider a donation to SOC .

I'm also going to contact the ACLU this week to see if they have any interest in making this a test case for 1st amendment rights on public property.

Dude that's awesome! I know some people who for the ACLU should I contact them?

Tribal Warfare 11-19-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9134398)

Yes, exhaust all resources

kcxiv 11-19-2012 05:50 PM

Next home game, whoever has flyers should just take a big stack and chuck them off the 2nd deck to the crowds below. Talk about getting flyers to everyone fast. lol

Dave Lane 11-19-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9134398)

Absolutely. I know from reading various articles they have been looking for a test case so I volunteer.

Cephalic Trauma 11-19-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9134474)
Next home game, whoever has flyers should just take a big stack and chuck them off the 2nd deck to the crowds below. Talk about getting flyers to everyone fast. lol

:LOL:
That would be awesome. I'll actually be at that game.

Titty Meat 11-19-2012 06:14 PM

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...07735862_n.jpg

This is awesome.

Let me know if this is going too far but what if we started boycotting companies who sponsor the Chiefs?

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 06:15 PM

Where did that come from?

Titty Meat 11-19-2012 06:15 PM

I saw it on FB. Some barbershop in Westport.

Dartgod 11-19-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

I agree completely. As tempting as it is to call yesterday the battle of Berlin, the battle still rages and there needs to be additional heat put on Pioli and Company.

Its going to be hard to maintain the blackout as people thought it was a onetime thing but whatever we can do to get the word out to don black till the Don is gone is needed.

I think this is a very bad idea.

noa 11-19-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9134519)
I think this is a very bad idea.

I agree, the movement has built up a good reputation, and I think we need to be careful to protect the brand name. Spam texting isn't going to make us look good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 11-19-2012 06:22 PM

no spam. we're not rusians

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 06:23 PM

Our fearless leaders.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...78333022_n.jpg

Marco Polo 11-19-2012 06:23 PM

This is not 'Nam, there are rules.

CaliforniaChief 11-19-2012 06:29 PM

What makes this movement legitimate is that we're likeable. The media resonates with a movement like this that plays by the rules, uses facts, and doesn't come off like a local cable TV host.

Cephalic Trauma 11-19-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9134539)
What makes this movement legitimate is that we're likeable. The media resonates with a movement like this that plays by the rules, uses facts, and doesn't come off like a local cable TV host.

All this movement needs now is some success in the form of a fired Pioli to cap it off.

if Pioli isn't fired, it's all for naught.

ILChief 11-19-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9134474)

imagine if it was really windy that day with thousands of Fire Pioli flyers littering the field during the game

CaliforniaChief 11-19-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9134549)
All this movement needs now is some success in the form of a fired Pioli to cap it off.

if Pioli isn't fired, it's all for naught.

You realize that this is a grassroots movement to overthrow a multi-million dollar, highly influential, powerful GM, right?

It's a process....:D

Halfcan 11-19-2012 06:42 PM

Just a suggestion: I was part of Amnesty International for years.

Simple idea- writing letters to get your point across. It was Very effective. I know some have already written letters- but why not use some extra flyers with Fire Pioli on there and Mail them attention Clark Hunt??

Even reverse the address so they actual get returned to Arrowhead as a mailer for lack of postage-lol

Letter writing is Old School but should help when thousands of letters start pouring in and flooding their front office.

If this was suggested already sorry.

Cephalic Trauma 11-19-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9134558)
You realize that this is a grassroots movement to overthrow a multi-million dollar, highly influential, powerful GM, right?

It's a process....:D

This is a results driven league man.:)

That said, the effort will be lauded by Chiefs fans everywhere for a while. It's still pretty BA that this is happening.

kcxiv 11-19-2012 06:46 PM

Fescoe and Mellinger wanna know where that window sign is located? i dont know someone tweet them, i tweeted them the picture

Tribal Warfare 11-19-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9134569)
This is a results driven league man.:)

That said, the effort will be lauded by Chiefs fans everywhere for a while. It's still pretty BA that this is happening.

The power of ChiefsPlanet and the social media

zimdogg 11-19-2012 06:50 PM

Lazlo and Danny Parkins were talking about the blackout tonight on their sports segment. They gave props to the whole thing. Not sure when they update the blog, but it'll be there whenever they do I'm sure. Nice work guys...

CaliforniaChief 11-19-2012 06:52 PM

I THINK Pioli's future is sealed...and with it RAC and the entire coaching staff.

But yeah, we've got to put the pedal to the metal and finish strong.

Are the parking lots private property? What would go into organizing a massive rally and inviting Whitlock, some musicians, and maybe some ex-players who can get the attention of the building momentum? All funds raised going to Boys/Girls Club. Or find some high-profile place and do the event the week of the end of the regular season...

ILChief 11-19-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9134570)
Fescoe and Mellinger wanna know where that window sign is located? i dont know someone tweet them, i tweeted them the picture

I sent it to them. It's Westport Glass on Southwest Blvd by the way

patteeu 11-19-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9134563)
Just a suggestion: I was part of Amnesty International for years.

Simple idea- writing letters to get your point across. It was Very effective. I know some have already written letters- but why not use some extra flyers with Fire Pioli on there and Mail them attention Clark Hunt??

Even reverse the address so they actual get returned to Arrowhead as a mailer for lack of postage-lol

Letter writing is Old School but should help when thousands of letters start pouring in and flooding their front office.

If this was suggested already sorry.

This is a good idea if actual letters are written, but not if it's just spamming Fire Pioli flyers through the mail, IMO.

SOC could have a form letter on the website that people could print, sign, and send to make it easier for them.

BigRedChief 11-19-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9134539)

Right we have good will with fellow Chief fans because we are not nasty.

We can't bomb the text line, do walkouts, call Lamar out, call for boycotts, litter the bottom deck with flyers from the upper deck and so on and so on.

hometeam 11-19-2012 07:21 PM

KC on CMON MAN!!

Shows black shirted fans, and paper bags

CaliforniaChief 11-19-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9134663)
KC on CMON MAN!!

Shows black shirted fans, and paper bags

That was awesome! A fan in a red jersey posing with Andy Dalton. Who's the "true fan?"

Coach 11-19-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9134641)

We can't bomb the text line, do walkouts, call Lamar out, call for boycotts, litter the bottom deck with flyers from the upper deck and so on and so on.

I agree. Look, all that little stuff sounds fun and it does, but let's think from the head, not the emotions.

Avoid collateral damage, if all possible. The target should be Pioli and to a lesser extent, Romeo Crennel, the unacceptable coaching staff, and some "key" players as well.

Phobia 11-19-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9134641)

That's correct. We've been clear on that from day one. We're not employing dirty tactics. If somebody does, they're rogue.

Saulbadguy 11-19-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Molotov cocktails.

BigRedChief 11-19-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9134748)
That's correct. We've been clear on that from day one. We're not employing dirty tactics. If somebody does, they're rogue.

And when someone goes rogue, it will happen, you disavow their actions via tweet and Facebook and if a major rogue occurs, disavow in interviews.

kcxiv 11-19-2012 08:38 PM

I fail to see how tossing flyers off the upperdeck is nasty when i seen pictures of the signs on top of trophy cases, in bathroom pisser on the floor next to trash bins.

If i was there i'd ****ing do it anyways, but i dont live in KC. lol People litter all the time at stadium with nasty ass FOOD and sunflower seeds, peanut seeds, soda/beer containers, food wrappers, foil from bringing their own food. ect ect.

Bugeater 11-19-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9134945)
I fail to see how tossing flyers off the upperdeck is nasty when i seen pictures of the signs on top of trophy cases, in bathroom pisser on the floor next to trash bins.

If i was there i'd ****ing do it anyways, but i dont live in KC. lol People litter all the time at stadium with nasty ass FOOD and sunflower seeds, peanut seeds, soda/beer containers, food wrappers, foil from bringing their own food. ect ect.

And that's exactly why you don't do this. It just makes the job more difficult for the people who have to clean the shit up. Why punish them?

pr_capone 11-19-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9134968)
And that's exactly why you don't do this. It just makes the job more difficult for the people who have to clean the shit up. Why punish them?

THIS

kcxiv 11-19-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9134968)

if i was cleanign it up it would suck, but if i was a fan of the team, i'd be ok with taking one for it. lol

It wont happen anyways, but its just my point of view is all.

Bugeater 11-19-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9135000)
if i was cleanign it up it would suck, but if i was a fan of the team, i'd be ok with taking one for it. lol

It wont happen anyways, but its just my point of view is all.

That's true, those guys probably hate Pioli too. LMAO

Plus they could stick Clark for some overtime.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 08:57 PM

*Breaking News* Stay tuned for the next BarrysKoolaid Nation Chiefs Radio Podcast. I will only disclose HERE, the name of the Show. "Pioli Extended*

Simply Red 11-19-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9134766)
Molotov cocktails.

J&B straight, and a Corona.

BigRedChief 11-19-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9135065)
*Breaking News* Stay tuned for the next FecesKoolaid Nation Chiefs Radio Podcast. I will only disclose HERE, the name of the Show. "Pioli Extended*

yeah that piece of shit is a rock solid source of information.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 10:05 PM

Guys, I am starting on a paint it black video tonight so if you have any media (photos/video) that should be included please post it.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 10:17 PM

Barry says he has "heard from his sources" and is announcing to "HIS AUDIENCE THE FANS" that Scott Pioli has been extended for two years. LMAO

CaliforniaChief 11-19-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9135381)
Fece says he has "heard from his sources" and is announcing to "HIS AUDIENCE THE FANS" that Scott Pioli has been extended for two years. LMAO

This is as close to an official announcement we've gotten that Pioli's a goner.

Titty Meat 11-19-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9135381)
Fece says he has "heard from his sources" and is announcing to "HIS AUDIENCE THE FANS" that Scott Pioli has been extended for two years. LMAO

ROFL

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 10:25 PM

Barry's podcast is a ****ing joke. All he did was go to the Save Our Chiefs youtube page and rip off the audio from the videos.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 10:28 PM

Barry's main argument is that Scott has made the Hunts a lot of money.

OK, whatever. That's new.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 10:31 PM

Barry didn't even watch the game. LMAO

BossChief 11-20-2012 12:17 AM

Please, stop talking about him.

I dont think anybody cares what that 85 pound meth addict has to say.

Groves 11-20-2012 02:20 AM

I thought our situation warranted an infographic. Hope it helps the cause.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013207/Chiefs-Cheering-01.jpg

Hammock Parties 11-20-2012 02:29 AM

Outstanding. Will share in the AM.

pr_capone 11-20-2012 03:33 AM

updated OP with new info + financials.

Saulbadguy 11-20-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9135068)
J&B straight, and a Corona.

Not if you want to keep your spleen.

ncCHIEFfan 11-20-2012 07:00 AM

Since the fans are having to work so diligently to point out " Fire Pioli " to Mr. H....Maybe we should find Pioli and Romeos replacement for him as well.

bevischief 11-20-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9133954)
I'm glad other people noticed that. I didn't want to bring it up. I don't consider myself to be a vindictive person but it sure felt good looking around as those final seconds ticked off and seeing about 90% black shirts left in the crowd. After hearing all that crap from the "true fans" all week about wearing red, it was a cool thing to see that the true fans were in black.

It was noticeable on TV as well.

Saulbadguy 11-20-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9135713)
Since the fans are having to work so diligently to point out " Fire Pioli " to Mr. H....Maybe we should find Pioli and Romeos replacement for him as well.

Yeah, that worked out well for us last time.

ncCHIEFfan 11-20-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9135721)
Yeah, that worked out well for us last time.

So...what are you trying to say?

pr_capone 11-20-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9130213)
We will be the pall bearers for the coffin that contains Scott Pioli's career in KC.

http://i.imgur.com/ldefRh.jpg

007 11-20-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9135757)

LMAO

Hammock Parties 11-20-2012 07:41 AM

Announcement just now:

Quote:

Due to popular demand... the Blackout will go on through the end of the season or until Pioli is fired. Thanks everyone for the support. We will see you all next week vs Denver.

Together Is Powerful

Hammock Parties 11-20-2012 07:59 AM

EVIL EXISTS

http://i.imgur.com/G7Xbk.jpg

Dayze 11-20-2012 08:41 AM

who is "Fece"

?

Hammock Parties 11-20-2012 08:44 AM

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...7E969AB3AD.jpg

ghak99 11-20-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9135809)

I know this would be a huge pain in the ass, but someone should count the fans in black, the fans in red, and the empty seats in one of these late game pics. What "True Fans" are left and people down playing the movement couldn't argue with the exact ratio of devoted fans wearing black.

Dave Lane 11-20-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9135924)
who is "Fece"

?

B a r r y feceaid