ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Sell me on Mike Glennon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267830)

O.city 02-03-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9373851)
Especially the Bridgewater guy. They have basically convinced themselves that he is perfect because they feel like he is the franchises only hope.

FYP

O.city 02-03-2013 01:16 AM

So we are in agreement that none of the drops are Glennon's fault?

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9373859)
FYP

The big difference between Geno and Bridgewater, is that so far people think he will most likely be deserving of the #1 pick.

While everyone outside of KC fans says Geno isn't worth the #1 pick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9373860)

No one said that. But NC State has been having dropped passes issues all season.

O.city 02-03-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9373862)
The big difference between Geno and Bridgewater, is that so far people think he will most likely be deserving of the #1 pick.

Link?

I guess 80% of the mocks that have Geno at 1 are all written by guys in KC.

RunKC 02-03-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9373860)

Some of them are and some aren't. I think if #80 could catch a pass, Glennon's accuracy would be above 60%.

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9373863)
Link?

I guess 80% of the mocks that have Geno at 1 are all written by guys in KC.

No, they are written by people who realize KC has no choice but to take a QB. They still don't think he deserves it.

Some people now are actually putting Bridgewater AHEAD of Clowney. Clowney, the guy who is believed to be one of the best defensive prospect ever.

O.city 02-03-2013 01:21 AM

He has erratic accuracy lead to the drop problem, added to the fact that his wr's were, for the most part, ass fart.

He just seems like to much of a project to take taht early.

O.city 02-03-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9373866)
No, they are written by people who realize KC has no choice but to take a QB. They still don't think he deserves it.

Some people now are actually putting Bridgewater AHEAD of Clowney. Clowney, the guy who is believed to be one of the best defensive prospect ever.

Got it.

Guess I'll have to wait for that link though.

BossChief 02-03-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9373865)
Some of them are and some aren't. I think if #80 could catch a pass, Glennon's accuracy would be above 60%.

That's still nothing to be excited about.

Sorter 02-03-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9373862)

No one said that. But NC State has been having dropped passes issues all season.

This simply isn't true.

Sorter 02-03-2013 01:30 AM

I really did watch a lot of Mike to try and have a fair opinion of him before the SR Bowl.

I think he's definitely an intriguing prospect who should be and will be taken in the 1st round. I don't think he is as good of a prospect or as good a fit for Andy's variation of the WC) as Geno, Wilson, or Barkley. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Browns jump on him early.

RealSNR 02-03-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9373876)
I really did watch a lot of Mike to try and have a fair opinion of him before the SR Bowl.

I think he's definitely an intriguing prospect who should be and will be taken in the 1st round. I don't think he is as good of a prospect or as good a fit for Andy's variation of the WC) as Geno, Wilson, or Barkley. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Browns jump on him early.

Way to stick your neck out for the guy.

keg in kc 02-03-2013 01:40 AM

The people who are big on Geno just think the guy is good. It doesn't have anything to do with "saving the franchise". If there was another player in this draft that I thought was worth drafting more than the class' number one quarterback I'd be all over it. But I don't like any of the alternatives. We don't need Star or Joeckel here, we don't need any of the pass rushers. There's just no Ogden or Megatron or Suh in this class that warrants skipping the top QB. Saying that doesn't mean I think Geno is Andrew Luck, but if my alternatives on draft day do not include "definite hall of fame calibre generational player" at some other position, I'm going to go for a QB who has a chance at being good over any other positions with the same chance at being good, because the potential gain for the franchise is greater. It's simple logic, it's far and away the most important position in today's game, and it's not much of a risk anymore with the CBA.

And if the team decides that Wilson is their #1 QB and goes that route? Great! Or (shudder) Barkley. The point isn't to get Geno, it's to get a quarterback, and to do it early.

If the team on the other hand decides to take another position, or god forbid trades down and tries to go the budget route with a 2nd round QB, or even god forbiddier goes for some garbage like Alex Smith, well, then I'll be sorely disappointed. It's the same shit they've done for 30 years, and it's going to end the same way that it has for 30 years.

Sorter 02-03-2013 01:44 AM

LMAOLMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9373884)

NJChiefsFan 02-03-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9373884)

It really is an outrageous neck. Also, I think its quite the stretch to make the argument that nobody thinks Geno is worth the pick and that those that do(out of nobody somehow) are only doing it because they think KC is desperate.