ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Am I the only one who feels kind of encouraged? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318189)

DaFace 10-14-2018 09:55 PM

Am I the only one who feels kind of encouraged?

I had this game down as a loss. (See the predictions poll for proof.) The Patriots always start out slow, and I still see them as top five in the league at worst. They're notoriously tough to beat at home. They had 10 days to prepare. We were missing two OL, two pass rushers, and about 40 DBs. Pat played like shit for a half.

And the game just came down to who had the ball last.

We weren't going 16-0. If this is the one we lose, that's one hell of a season. Looking forward to next week.

SAUTO 10-14-2018 09:56 PM

I liked the never quit attitude from the offense.

ChiefsCountry 10-14-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13817806)
I had this game down as a loss. (See the predictions poll for proof.) The Patriots always start out slow, and I still see them as top five in the league at worst. They're notoriously tough to beat at home. They had 10 days to prepare. We were missing two OL, two pass rushers, and about 40 DBs. Pat played like shit for a half.

We weren't going 16-0. If this is the one we lose, that's one hell of a season. Looking forward to next week.

No it was rigged and the rest of the chicken littles need to bitch and moan some more.

But you are 100% correct.

OnTheWarpath15 10-14-2018 09:56 PM

I wouldn't say encouraged, but I get your point.

I can't feel encouraged about anything until this defense gets fixed.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-14-2018 09:56 PM

Im hopeful the Chiefs can find a defense within 15 years. But sooner rather than later because Kelce, Hunt, and Hill will eventually turn into brokedicks.

Mr. Kotter 10-14-2018 09:57 PM

I am with you...

TLO 10-14-2018 09:57 PM

I don't feel too bad about the loss. We'll never be out of any game as long as we have Mahomes.

The defense though... man o man. That's what will cost us from winning the ultimate prize this season.

CaliforniaChief 10-14-2018 09:57 PM

I agree in general.

I would agree even more if there's actually some accountability for the performance of the defense.

Demonpenz 10-14-2018 09:57 PM

The at denver game was the big one. This one? Oh well Brady is going to Brady. I think that instead of getting right back on the grind Andy could tell mahomes and some of the others to forget about football for a couple days. Come back tuesday ready to work. It seems like Mahomes is the kind of guy to watch tape and start working right after games.

Sassy Squatch 10-14-2018 09:57 PM

No. This defense gives me a sad.

DenverChief 10-14-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13817806)

Agreed - better to get the L now - no shame in losing to the Pats in their own house. It was a good game - need to work on our D tho

Hamwallet 10-14-2018 09:57 PM

Between Berry and Houston not playing tonight that’s 33 million in cap space not playing for the defense. The D will get fixed next year.

St. Patty's Fire 10-14-2018 09:58 PM

I’m encouraged, but curious to see how we respond next week. The Bengals are ripe for a good old fashioned Areowhead beatdown. HAVE to keep track and win next week. I’d almost call it a must win.

kcpasco 10-14-2018 09:58 PM

The defense is a bunch of pussies who won’t help.

DaFace 10-14-2018 09:59 PM

I agree that the defense is a dumpster fire, but again, were were missing FOUR starters. Two of the guys who started had never started an NFL game before. Did people really expect them to look decent against Tom Brady? Picking on inexperienced guys is literally one of his biggest strengths.