ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Curse of Oak Island (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280637)

mr. tegu 01-13-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10367378)
Spoiler!

They mentioned that old guy had found it before as well. But it is cool that on one of these mystery shows they actually found what they were looking for where it was supposed to be at. The dating of it is even more perplexing.

Rarely do we get to hear that, yes, there is a good chance this mystery has origins from 700 years ago and that there is more to it than simple legend and tales.

Easy 6 01-13-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10367564)
Like I said, the easiest no fuss way to ensure you cut it off is to build a water tight wall sub soil.

It's done every single day all across the world.

If these brothers have the jack to do that, I hope they spend it.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-13-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10367475)
Thats interesting, it denies some of what the show says but confirms others, like the coconut fibers and the fact that there is a layer of freshwater over the heavier seawater.

What I didnt care for, was the statement that "Triton" restricted access to certain areas... are they trying to help get to the bottom of this or what, why would you restrict some areas?

getting to the bottom = making money

Buehler445 01-13-2014 06:10 PM

They should be able to sonar it like they do for oil.

lcarus 01-13-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10367553)
Give me half a million and I have it in months. It might not even take that much.

Assuming there's anything down there at all. There's a chance there's nothing down there and there's a chance that someone already got to it and didn't say anything. Some tycoon has the Ark of the Covenant as their mantle piece lol.

SAUTO 01-13-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10367798)
Assuming there's anything down there at all. There's a chance there's nothing down there and there's a chance that someone already got to it and didn't say anything. Some tycoon has the Ark of the Covenant as their mantle piece lol.

how would the beams still be in place?

bowener 01-13-2014 07:31 PM

You can watch this at history.com btw. For those without cable.

I know dick about most things involved in this. I know the lore and all, but I do not know dick about excavation and the like. My question is, why can't they get several large pumps and pump out the well. Now I realize it will continue to fill with water, but it seems like it would be easier to watch where the water in the bay is going. It would have to create some kind of small current I would imagine. If they think they find some sort of anomaly, then dump some dye near that and see if it comes up the pipe.

Last, my understanding about the lore and the theories and such, is that there are several shafts that will allow water into the pit.

Side note: Does anybody think the pit was built as a fools trap to punish the greedy? Sort of a sadistic puzzle to show how greed/obsession can be dangerous. If this is built by religious zealots after all...

Easy 6 01-13-2014 07:46 PM

The side notes an interesting theory, Bowener, but it sure seems like a lot of trouble to go through for a lesson in the sin of greed.

hometeam 01-13-2014 09:27 PM

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/It+...09639c4387.jpg

aturnis 01-13-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10367798)

So everyone who has lived on the island just didn't notice the massive dig going on? It's there. No doubt. From the moment it was discovered, is been a focus of the area.

Lprechaun 01-13-2014 09:45 PM

Damn you people! lol, I first heard of this during the I think History Channel show about the Templars and the American Rune Stones. Now I am having to stream them and will from now on be addicted to this show. I hope they find something, doubt they will.

aturnis 01-13-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10367883)
You can watch this at history.com btw. For those without cable.

I know dick about most things involved in this. I know the lore and all, but I do not know dick about excavation and the like. My question is, why can't they get several large pumps and pump out the well. Now I realize it will continue to fill with water, but it seems like it would be easier to watch where the water in the bay is going. It would have to create some kind of small current I would imagine. If they think they find some sort of anomaly, then dump some dye near that and see if it comes up the pipe.

Last, my understanding about the lore and the theories and such, is that there are several shafts that will allow water into the pit.

Side note: Does anybody think the pit was built as a fools trap to punish the greedy? Sort of a sadistic puzzle to show how greed/obsession can be dangerous. If this is built by religious zealots after all...

It's thought to be, and most likely, a single shaft dug towards the bay. There were said to have been five box drains, or evidence of, beneath the man-made beach. These five drains would converge, likely at a common point, with the shaft.

There is the anomaly though, that when they pumped the red dye out through the shaft, it appeared on the man-made beach, and along an adjacent shoreline. So there is a possibility of a second shaft, or another set of box drains connected to the main shaft.

Hell, there could be a natural fault line in the bedrock that spans the area and the sea water rises through it rather than through any shaft at all. Our at least that could explain the dye along the second shoreline.

I read about this treasure hunt about 9 years ago in a copy of Rolling Stone magazine. Some of the info they have was a bit more elaborate, especially the man-made beach.

aturnis 01-13-2014 10:25 PM

Here is a VERY comprehensive history of the treasure hunt. http://worldtimeline.info/oakisland/oak1973.htm

The info on 10X makes me disappointed in the show. Apparently it's lined with steel 50ft down, then cement all the way to bedrock. It seems 10X is a known.

aturnis 01-13-2014 10:26 PM

Also, someone already wanted to use my idea of flood walls, but finding feel through due to black Monday stock market crash I believe.

lcarus 01-13-2014 11:21 PM

They need to find something already damn it. It kills me to not know what was/is down there. Some speculate that parts of the legend were fabricated, like the stone tablet. ANd that some of the stuff they found down there like bones and metals were just debris that washed in there from shore or from above. It just seems to me they could get down there if they really really wanted to. With our technology now days? They should get in there. Tear that ****ing island up.