ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

rico 10-06-2013 11:01 PM

Better Call Saul

http://www.nerdist.com/wp-content/up...xekro1_500.jpg

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...koye-c-008.jpg

GordonGekko 10-06-2013 11:08 PM

Can't wait for this.

Saul was my favorite character on the show. In fact, I routinely go back and watch the episode where he appears (season 2, episode 8 or 9). Just so over the top and 98% of the time funny. But when push came to shove, the guy knew his craft well, except when Skyler kept showing him up.

rico 10-06-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10058230)
Can't wait for this.

Saul was my favorite character on the show. In fact, I routinely go back and watch the episode where he appears (season 2, episode 8 or 9). Just so over the top and 98% of the time funny. But when push came to shove, the guy knew his craft well, except when Skyler kept showing him up.

Mine as well.

Baby Lee 10-06-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10058331)
I'd enjoy it if it was a sort of newly discovered set of Maurice Levy chronicles.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nAZZdL1qhk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rico 10-06-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10058356)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lxQw0VoT538" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have every season of The Wire on DVD... I've had it for probably 3-4 years. However, I still haven't watched more than a few of the first episodes. Time hasn't permitted and the wife hates it and throws a fit if I mention the possibility of putting it in (whoa, that sounds funny).

How good is it?

notorious 10-06-2013 11:44 PM

Who is writing for this show?

Baby Lee 10-06-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10058366)
I have every season of The Wire on DVD... I've had it for probably 3-4 years. However, I still haven't watched more than a few of the first episodes. Time hasn't permitted and the wife hates it and throws a fit if I mention the possibility of putting it in (whoa, that sounds funny).

How good is it?

It is on Mount Rushmore of TV, perhaps George Washington.
That said, it is PAY ATTENTION TV. They don't hold your hand through the plot/saga. Things happen and you need to remember what you've seen to connect all the dots.

A lot of the drama/tragedy of The Wire is seeing how little **** ups or corners cut over here, have disastrous or at least greatly demoralizing consequences over there, a beat cop who doesn't know who he's talking to on the street, and thus doesn't appreciate the value of the intel he receives, or the policy tweaks downtown to make law enforcement metrics look better on paper that result in productive operations being shuttered.
It looks at the drug game from as many angles as possible, beat, precinct, bureau, city hall, statehouse, corners, gang leaders, international suppliers, the news industry, business concerns, friends and neighbors, family, it all matters.

rico 10-06-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10058395)
It is on Mount Rushmore of TV, perhaps George Washington.
That said, it is PAY ATTENTION TV. They don't hold your hand through the plot/saga. Things happen and you need to remember what you've seen to connect all the dots.

A lot of the drama/tragedy of The Wire is seeing how little **** ups or corners cut over here, have disastrous or at least greatly demoralizing consequences over there, a beat cop who doesn't know who he's talking to on the street, and thus doesn't appreciate the value of the intel he receives, or the policy tweaks downtown to make law enforcement metrics look better on paper that result in productive operations being shuttered.
It looks at the drug game from as many angles as possible, beat, precinct, bureau, city hall, statehouse, corners, gang leaders, international suppliers, the news industry, business concerns, friends and neighbors, family, it all matters.

I think the show being "PAY ATTENTION TV" may be a contributing factor as to why my wife refuses to watch it. Not saying she's dumb (she's not), she's just...easily distracted if her attention isn't caught pretty early.

Nice...if I remember correctly from the research I did prior to TRYING to watch it with my wife, doesn't the show portray things from a different perspective in every season? Like, season 2 ends and was portrayed from gangsta's perspective, season 3 picks up on a different angle?

cosmo20002 10-07-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10058207)
Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

I share most of your concerns. I loved Saul, but I'm not sure if his act would remain entertaining as the center of a 1-hour show. Like you mentioned, they better come up with some good supporting characters.

If your hope of seeing BB characters comes true, I think that means the show is in trouble. Other than perhaps Skinny Pete and Badger, there is no reason that Saul would cross paths with Gus, Mike, Walt, Jesse or any of the other main characters. I think it would have to be a real stretch to have an appearance from any of the main BB folks.

Baby Lee 10-07-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10058411)
I think the show being "PAY ATTENTION TV" may be a contributing factor as to why my wife refuses to watch it. Not saying she's dumb (she's not), she's just...easily distracted if her attention isn't caught pretty early.

Nice...if I remember correctly from the research I did prior to TRYING to watch it with my wife, doesn't the show portray things from a different perspective in every season? Like, season 2 ends and was portrayed from gangsta's perspective, season 3 picks up on a different angle?

At its base

1. the street
2. the docks
3. the brass
4. the schools
5. the news

rico 10-07-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10058425)
I share most of your concerns. I loved Saul, but I'm not sure if his act would remain entertaining as the center of a 1-hour show. Like you mentioned, they better come up with some good supporting characters.

If your hope of seeing BB characters comes true, I think that means the show is in trouble. Other than perhaps Skinny Pete and Badger, there is no reason that Saul would cross paths with Gus, Mike, Walt, Jesse or any of the other main characters. I think it would have to be a real stretch to have an appearance from any of the main BB folks.

Yeah, I agree.... I was digging into my cranium, trying to remember if he had any connection to or knowledge of Fring/Mike prior to his introduction to the show. You answered the question(s) I was asking myself...thanks mang!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing Badger and/or SP. That'd be cool, I guess.

rico 10-07-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10058429)
At its base

1. the street
2. the docks
3. the brass
4. the schools
5. the news

Cool.

rico 10-07-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10058375)
Who is writing for this show?

Vince Gilligan...same as Breaking Bad...and X-Files. Come on, man! I covered that in the OP!!!!!!:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Jk...I know, I know...needle in a haystack. :)

Baby Lee 10-07-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10058441)
Cool.

The a small example of level of detail, which I'll spoiler out of an abundance of caution as it does reveal plot detail, but not in a way that ruins the experience at all, IMO

Spoiler!

rico 10-07-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10058468)
The a small example of level of detail, which I'll spoiler out of an abundance of caution as it does reveal plot detail, but not in a way that ruins the experience at all, IMO

Spoiler!

Far out, dudely.

Baby Lee 10-07-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10058473)
Far out, dudely.

Oh, and one of the big twists on the usual plot of the drug war

Spoiler!

rico 10-07-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10058481)
Oh, and one of the big twists on the usual plot of the drug war

Spoiler!

I think I remember something like that from the few episodes I caught...Isn't it the same dude who played Charles on The Office?

Baby Lee 10-07-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10058492)
I think I remember something like that from the few episodes I caught...Isn't it the same dude who played Charles on The Office?

Yeah, and Luther on BBC

rico 10-07-2013 06:14 PM

So do you guys expect this show to be primarily a comedy or primarily a drama/dramedy?

SLAG 10-07-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10061111)
So do you guys expect this show to be primarily a comedy or primarily a drama/dramedy?

They have said that it's going to be a dark comedy

rico 10-07-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 10061122)
They have said that it's going to be a dark comedy

Very nice, very nice.

Demonpenz 10-07-2013 08:19 PM

did someone just ask if the wire is good? jfc

notorious 10-07-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10058446)
Vince Gilligan...same as Breaking Bad...and X-Files. Come on, man! I covered that in the OP!!!!!!:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Jk...I know, I know...needle in a haystack. :)

You want me to put out effort?!

WTF!?

notorious 10-07-2013 08:24 PM

If Gilligan is writing it will do just fine.

KcMizzou 10-07-2013 08:28 PM

I hope to see Badger and Skinny Pete now and then.

Reaper16 10-07-2013 08:35 PM

I hope that it will answer the question of what about Gus' past in Chile made him untouchable. Mike worked for Gus and Saul, so Gus backstory could conceivably come up.

Gadzooks 10-07-2013 11:09 PM

I hope Kuby and Huell are on the show.
Bill Burr (Kuby) is hilarious but he didn't get much of a chance to show it.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/9e7b9bc8b...ybw9o1_500.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/we9cram.jpg

TimBone 10-08-2013 09:12 AM

Gotta be honest, I'm surprised by all of the Saul love. I liked his character, but he was middle of the road for me. I'll tune into the show, but I'm worried it will flop.

rico 10-08-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10061893)
You want me to put out effort?!

WTF!?

LMAO No, homeslice. I thought I made it clear at the end of my reply that I understood, for I know that sifting for shit in some of my verbose posts is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 10061871)
did someone just ask if the wire is good? jfc

No. I asked, "how good is it?" Phrased it that way because I know it is good, just wanted to know the extent. Haven't seen it yet and I've owned it forever.

:)

rico 10-08-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFly (Post 10063134)
Gotta be honest, I'm surprised by all of the Saul love. I liked his character, but he was middle of the road for me. I'll tune into the show, but I'm worried it will flop.

It all depends on the supporting characters, IMO.

The Gilligan factor makes me optimistic to an extent.

lcarus 10-08-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Really? I loved it. Cracked me up. I think Saul in the courtroom, as others have said, could be fantastic. But with spinoffs, you just never know.

Lex Luthor 10-08-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

My thoughts exactly. People are hoping the brilliance of Breaking Bad will somehow carry over into this spinoff based on a minor character. I think an entire series centered around Saul will wind up being tedious and uninteresting.

rico 01-23-2014 12:25 AM

So this evidently kicks off in November of 2014??? I thought it was supposed to begin in the Spring of 2014. Ugh.

keg in kc 01-27-2014 08:04 PM

Jonathan Banks announced as a series regular.

Deberg_1990 01-27-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10397486)

This is starting to sound like a "back door" Breaking Bad. I hope they go with a different ten and style and don't just copy BB.

Anyong Bluth 01-27-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10397494)
This is starting to sound like a "back door" Breaking Bad. I hope they go with a different ten and style and don't just copy BB.

It does make sense though since he was his PI well before Walt & Co. turned up, same goes for Gus. There's actual valid reason for their appearance other than just to redo BrBa.

rico 01-27-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10397486)

Awesome.

Gonzo 01-28-2014 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10397494)

Couldn't do the show without Mike, iMHO.

Fire Me Boy! 01-28-2014 02:05 PM

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/jona...ul-1201073358/

Quote:

Jonathan Banks has joined Bob Odenkirk in “Better Call Saul,” AMC/Sony TV’s upcoming prequel to Emmy-winning “Breaking Bad” that focuses on Odenkirk’s criminal lawyer Saul Goodman, sources confirm to Variety.

Banks will be a series regular on the show, which is slated to premiere in November on AMC.

Conceived by “Breaking Bad’s” creator Vince Gilligan and writer-producer Peter Gould, “Better Call Saul” will chronicle the evolution of Saul before he became Walter White’s lawyer.

Banks was a regular on “Breaking Bad” and played Saul’s trusted private investigator/fixer Michael “Mike” Ehrmantraut. His casting means that Saul will have his helper back by his side.

Odenkirk and Banks are the only actors set for “Better Call Saul” so far.

Deadline first reported the news.

keg in kc 07-01-2014 01:49 PM

More on the prequel/sequel rumor:
Quote:

'Better Call Saul,' the 'Breaking Bad' spinoff, plots a way to bring back Walter White

Flexible time line allows for the return of character played by Bryan Cranston, though executive producer Peter Gould seeks a story that 'stands on its own'

BY James Desborough
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, June 30, 2014, 2:00 AM

Maybe they should just call it the walking dead.

The producers of “Better Call Saul” — the eagerly anticipated “Breaking Bad” spinoff — tell The News they’ve figured out a way to bring back meth-master Walter White, the schoolteacher-turned-druglord played by Bryan Cranston.

Executive producer Peter Gould says that the show will feature scenes that move back and forth over several decades, including the era where Walter White cooked and sold crystal meth.

Initially, fans believed that the show would take place only in the 1980s and focus just on Saul, the wacky lawyer (played by Bob Odenkirk) who first appeared on “Breaking Bad.”

“One of the great things about having a time line which is flexible is that perhaps some of it takes place before ‘Breaking Bad,’ during ‘Breaking Bad,’ and after ‘Breaking Bad'. That gives us the ability to bring back characters that were killed on ‘Breaking Bad,’ ” he says.

Gould admits he and his team feel “enormous pressure” to produce the same kind of quality and and boffo ratings achieved by “Breaking Bad.”

Still, while he wants Cranston to join the show, or at least guest-star, he is adamant that the show will not stand or fall on Walter White’s return.

“We want to make a show that stands on it own, is its own story and is a brand extension,” he said.

“We think we have a story that is worth making. ... We could never dream of the kind of success that ‘Breaking Bad’ had and the love we got from the fans. But (with ‘Saul’) at a certain point you have to do the best job you can and tell the best story that entertains you, get a good response and hope people like it.”

Gould said it helps that AMC bosses have already ordered a second season of the show — before the first one even airs next year — because now he gets to play a long game when it comes to developing his characters.

“It’s tremendous for us because we get to plot out two seasons. And the way we work is similar to ‘Breaking Bad’ as it is very serialized and each episode builds on the last. And that gives us a much bigger canvas to play with,” he said.

Deberg_1990 07-01-2014 03:47 PM

On this special sweeps episode of Better Call Saul, Bryan Cranston returns!

sd4chiefs 10-08-2014 11:25 AM

Better Call Saul Song.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mGsC_LO3oFY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fire Me Boy! 11-17-2014 12:31 PM

Since the Breaking Bad thread is closed, I'll put it in here.

<iframe width="847" height="476" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uty2zd7qizA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 11-22-2014 01:13 AM

Damn it wrong thread

keg in kc 12-01-2014 07:13 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ds4FZmVG908?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 12-01-2014 09:54 PM

Awesome!

When does it come out?

keg in kc 12-01-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11161521)
Awesome!

When does it come out?

Two night premier on February 8th and 9th (a sunday and monday) at 10/9c.

keg in kc 12-22-2014 08:06 PM

<object id="flashObj" width="456" height="388" classid="clsid:D<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=3956929523001&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=3956929523001&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Fishpicker 12-23-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 10062640)
I hope Kuby and Huell are on the show.

this

Baby Lee 01-10-2015 09:40 PM

<iframe width="627" height="353" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l1xIGfVFb-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 02-08-2015 12:25 PM

Tonight!!

Early reviews all positive.

Coochie liquor 02-08-2015 12:30 PM

Can't wait. What a goo combo Walking Dead, and Better Call Saul.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-08-2015 07:27 PM

Low expectations going in

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-08-2015 09:08 PM

Cinnabon ROFL

siberian khatru 02-08-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 11317394)
Cinnabon ROFL

In Omaha

siberian khatru 02-08-2015 10:09 PM

OH MY

Chiefspants 02-08-2015 10:10 PM

THAT'S A JAW-DROPPER IF I'VE EVER SEEN ONE.

TribalElder 02-08-2015 10:10 PM

I couldn't sit through it

kcxiv 02-08-2015 10:11 PM

Mother****ing tuco

New World Order 02-08-2015 10:48 PM

I thought it was good. Not Breaking Bad-esque, but still good.

Loved the Tuco part.

dred 02-08-2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11317465)
I couldn't sit through it

This.

I tried to give it a chance but I just don't have patience for shows like this.

notorious 02-08-2015 11:02 PM

Not bad.

Demonpenz 02-08-2015 11:02 PM

meh gave it a chance couldn't make it through.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-08-2015 11:24 PM

It's the first episode and they're laying groundwork. Given what we already know about Saul, we need a pretty significant backstory.

I thought the cold open was extremely well done. Much like Saul, I kept waiting for a bomb to go off at any time. It truly helps you understand how thoroughly Walt ****ed over everyone in his path.

I thought he had good chemistry with McKean as well.

Tuco is the last person on Earth I would have expected.

cosmo20002 02-08-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 11317399)
In Omaha

I recall in one of the Breaking Bad episodes where he and Walt were discussing getting out and starting a new life, Saul mentioned something about ending up in Omaha. I guess he did.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-08-2015 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11317537)
I recall in one of the Breaking Bad episodes where he and Walt were discussing getting out and starting a new life, Saul mentioned something about ending up in Omaha. I guess he did.

When they were both in the fixer's basement while he was making new identities, Saul quipped about managing a Cinnabon in Omaha.

cosmo20002 02-08-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11317525)
It's the first episode and they're laying groundwork. Given what we already know about Saul, we need a pretty significant backstory.

I thought the cold open was extremely well done. Much like Saul, I kept waiting for a bomb to go off at any time. It truly helps you understand how thoroughly Walt ****ed over everyone in his path.

I thought he had good chemistry with McKean as well.

Tuco is the last person on Earth I would have expected.

I expected McKean to play something of a slimeball. Looks like he's slightly nuts, but not sleazy (so far anyway).
Anyway, the BB connections will be interesting as long as they don't get too far-fetched with it.

keg in kc 02-09-2015 09:08 AM

I didn't make it through it either...

cause my dvr cut out halfway through Walking Dead and didn't record it. :(

cosmo20002 02-09-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11317544)
When they were both in the fixer's basement while he was making new identities, Saul quipped about managing a Cinnabon in Omaha.

Yes, that's it.
I did think it was a little confusing though. That was a flash-forward (I assume). And he made the Cinnabon in Omaha quip in the past.
That seems like an oddly specific quip for it to actually come true. It made me re-think the time line for a second.
Maybe he had an 'in' at Cinnabon and knew he could get a manager gig there?
Just seems weird.

mr. tegu 02-09-2015 11:50 AM

I really liked it. It is pretty awesome that we get another episode right away tonight.

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11317730)
I didn't make it through it either...

cause my dvr cut out halfway through Walking Dead and didn't record it. :(

It's on again tonight

Sfeihc 02-09-2015 01:59 PM

I really liked the slow play of the first episode for a couple of reasons. As previously mentioned Saul's backstory would need plenty of details to properly develop as the basis of the series. Second, the slow play of the first episode was worth it because I knew at some point it would pay off and boy did it. Can't wait for tonights episode.

notorious 02-09-2015 02:10 PM

No wonder some good series get cancelled after a season.

There are too many impatient people out there.

mr. tegu 02-09-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 11318257)
I really liked the slow play of the first episode for a couple of reasons. As previously mentioned Saul's backstory would need plenty of details to properly develop as the basis of the series. Second, the slow play of the first episode was worth it because I knew at some point it would pay off and boy did it. Can't wait for tonights episode.

It is probably very tempting to jump right into the Saul we know, but taking the time to develop him slowly as his own lead character is the best way to go, even if some people can't handle that it is "slow."

Pitt Gorilla 02-09-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 11318290)
It is probably very tempting to jump right into the Saul we know, but taking the time to develop him slowly as his own lead character is the best way to go, even if some people can't handle that it is "slow."

Agreed. It was a good setup. He's now broken "bad" as an ambulance chaser.

keg in kc 02-09-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11318247)
It's on again tonight

Yeah, I set it to record last night once I discovered the error. Also the 2nd half of the premier is tonight.

kcxiv 02-09-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11318283)
No wonder some good series get cancelled after a season.

There are too many impatient people out there.

yep, people dont want to wait a few episodes for characters to develop. There are tons of good shows that get the axe because of it.

KC_Connection 02-09-2015 04:26 PM

Really enjoyed the first episode. Hope it continues in the same vein.

Zebedee DuBois 02-09-2015 05:17 PM

The first season of Breaking Bad didn't exactly storm out of the gates the first few episodes.

KC_Connection 02-09-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 11318661)
The first season of Breaking Bad didn't exactly storm out of the gates the first few episodes.

Yeah, a prime example of "slow" television is most of S1 of Breaking Bad.