ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC ** 2013 Sporting Kansas City / Soccer Thread ** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267316)

SPATCH 12-03-2012 02:25 PM

So I haven't been able to keep up with any news since our last game, but Espinoza is on his way to Europe, right?

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verbaljitsu (Post 9176735)
There is a rumor that we are after this guy:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d4FLfUyzOLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That seems too good to be true. I don't know, I'm not plugged in to the MLS rumor mill, but he is still under contract and would require a transfer fee that is probably around 2 million. So...I dunno. How cool would it be to have a midfielder who scored 25 goals a year though!? Zusi could stay out wide.

Yea this has been going around but my understanding is the guy is a winger. I dunno...doesn't seem like a natural fit but there is a whole lot of talk.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9176756)
And can shed a lot more if they rid themselves of Nagamura and Convey.

Guys like Besler are going to command a raise at some point, and the thought of still bringing in more Internationals is exciting.

Besler is going to command a raise now. He is out of contract and they are working on that currently.

Nagamura is not going anywhere he is gonna be a big part of the team. I don't think Convey is either though I am less sure of that. I imagine he will be here with Peterson having shoulder surgery that has a recovery time leading into preseason.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9176756)
And can shed a lot more if they rid themselves of Nagamura and Convey.

Guys like Besler are going to command a raise at some point, and the thought of still bringing in more Internationals is exciting.

Convey was a big waste of space on a number of levels. Have mixed emotions about Nagie. He is ok but he won us the USOC. I am not super attached to keeping him.

Roger is another story. That is a huge loss. And we need to pay Bees whatever he wants. He's awesome and will only get better.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:29 PM

Get used to this guy. Probably for years to come.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...T120818024.jpg

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9176766)
Convey was a big waste of space on a number of levels. Have mixed emotions about Nagie. He is ok but he won us the USOC. I am not super attached to keeping him.

Roger is another story. That is a huge loss. And we need to pay Bees whatever he wants. He's awesome and will only get better.

I am not really big on Convey but won't go that far. I think people underrate Nagamura's contributions to the team.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9176768)

I like it. He looks awesome in that kit.

Speaking of which, what is the word on that? A new kit and/or sponsor in the works?

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9176790)
I like it. He looks awesome in that kit.

Speaking of which, what is the word on that? A new kit and/or sponsor in the works?

New kit. Absolutely.

New jersey sponsor....maybe. My understanding of the situation now is flip a coin. They want the right sponsor more than they want a sponsor.

Spicy McHaggis 12-03-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9176768)

He was absolutely fantastic in our final game and definitely allowed the team to part ways with Cesar. Great job by our FO to grab him.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9176800)
New kit. Absolutely.

New jersey sponsor....maybe. My understanding of the situation now is flip a coin. They want the right sponsor more than they want a sponsor.

I don't really want a sponsor. I like our minimalist look. Hope it's a good one though. Dang, I just bought a jersey last year. I knew once I did they'd get a new kit. :D

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-03-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9176771)
I am not really big on Convey but won't go that far. I think people underrate Nagamura's contributions to the team.

Nags will be needed more next year with Cesar gone, that's for sure. However, he was an expensive price for a part-time player last year.

Convey, meh... he could retire today and I don't think many would notice.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9176808)
I don't really want a sponsor. I like our minimalist look. Hope it's a good one though. Dang, I just bought a jersey last year. I knew once I did they'd get a new kit. :D

At least you know now. It is a 2 year cycle...so every 2 they change it up.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-03-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis (Post 9176804)
He was absolutely fantastic in our final game and definitely allowed the team to part ways with Cesar. Great job by our FO to grab him.

I just hope they're able to keep him here in KC for more than a couple years...

CHENZ A! 12-03-2012 02:50 PM

I can't wait to see what players we bring in. Never heard Dockal, but he looks like a baller.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 04:41 PM

The Harrington news has been confirmed.

Sporting Kansas City Trades Michael Harrington to Portland Timbers for Allocation Money

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2012/...location-money

Sporting Kansas City announced today that the club has traded Michael Harrington to the Portland Timbers in exchange for allocation money. Per club policy, financial terms of the agreements will not be disclosed.

“We would like to thank Michael for his six seasons in Kansas City and wish him nothing but the best in Portland,” Sporting Kansas City Manager Peter Vermes said. “Michael has grown as a player and person and we are appreciative of all his contributions to this organization.”

Following a successful college career at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Harrington was selected third overall in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft by Kansas City as Manager Peter Vermes’ first draft selection. In his first season, Harrington was named the club’s Rookie of the Year, starting 27 matches and recording three goals and four assists as predominantly an outside midfielder.

Harrington later made the move to outside back and finished ninth all-time in Kansas City for regular season minutes played (11,633) and games started (128, T-Josh Wolff). Harrington recorded five goals and 14 assists in six seasons with the club, including 11 appearances (nine starts) in the 2012 season for Sporting Kansas City.

“I want to thank Sporting Kansas City and all of the great fans for my time here. This happens with the business side of sports,” Harrington said. “I am excited to start a new chapter of my career, but will always cherish the wonderful times I had in Kansas City.”

Sporting Kansas City also announced that the club will not exercise the option on Korede Aiyegbusi, making him available for the Stage One MLS Re-entry Draft on Dec. 7.

Aiyegbusi was drafted 20th overall in the second round of the 2010 MLS SuperDraft by Kansas City. He made his professional debut in the opening game of the 2010 MLS season against D.C. United. Aiyegbusi made nine appearances in his three seasons with the club and was regularly featured in Reserve League matches.

Transactions: Sporting Kansas City trades defender Michael Harrington to the Portland Timbers in exchange for allocation money.

Sporting Kansas City will not exercise the option on Korede Aiyegbusi.