ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Punisher (Netflix series) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302629)

listopencil 11-18-2017 08:45 PM

Well. Shit. I enjoyed that.

kc rush 11-18-2017 10:07 PM

I'm in episode 3. Had to stop for a moment, because, holy hell, that Persian mother must have smoked a carton of cigs a day to get a voice like that.

I am enjoying the show though.

Buehler445 11-19-2017 12:29 AM

I watched the first 2 with my buddy in 4K. It was amazing. Very well done IMO. Even to the point where he made the poker game douches look like a suicide. Wow. That’s good shit.

They’re handling the PTSD in a smart way IMO (please note I don’t have it and do not make those statements from a position of expertise). I read that they had to push the drop date because of the Vegas shooter. I get it. But I don’t see the correlation. Maybe it is because I approach life with common sense. But I am really glad they’re doing the character with some depth and finesse rather than just a merely mind boggling number of killings. Which is essentially what the Thomas Jane movie was about. Which I was totally on board with. But man this is good shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 13223426)
I'm in episode 3. Had to stop for a moment, because, holy hell, that Persian mother must have smoked a carton of cigs a day to get a voice like that.

If there is one knock the Persian gal and her douche partner are not endearing. But they’re coming into it in an interesting way after

Spoiler!

Gravedigger 11-19-2017 03:46 AM

Just finished it, great show and good bounce back for the Marvel Netflix shows, regardless of how much longer they're together. The PTSD soldier storylines that are the heart of the show were really good, and as per Punisher guidelines it's dark, gritty, and ultraviolent. It's my favorite right behind Daredevil, and Berenthal IS the Punisher. **** Defenders and Iron Fist, gimme Daredevil Season 3, Punisher Season 2, and then Jessica Jones/Luke Cage if you got time.

KCUnited 11-19-2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Haha, got a chuckle out of that myself. Ol gal could front a death metal band.

Rausch 11-19-2017 08:13 AM

Finished a little over half the season.

So far so good.

I do think the trust issues/friendship/partner angle was stretched far too long...

unlurking 11-19-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13223699)
Haha, got a chuckle out of that myself. Ol gal could front a death metal band.

Pretty much my take as well, although I prefer Punisher over Daredevil. But yeah, throw away Iron Fist and Defenders. All we need is more Punisher and Daredevil.

unlurking 11-19-2017 09:50 AM

So my hope is that the new/upgraded baddie we see at the end will be for season 3 and we get something different for season 2.

Spoiler!

unlurking 11-19-2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

You should watch The Expanse.

Fish 11-19-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

That old hag is in a bunch of scifi stuff. Man, I despise her characters. Listening to her speak just painful.

unlurking 11-19-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13223797)
That old hag is in a bunch of scifi stuff. Man, I despise her characters. Listening to her speak just painful.

Yeah. Very grating. She's a huge distraction.

keg in kc 11-19-2017 03:45 PM

I thought it fizzled out late. Expected the finale to end more like The Wire's finales used to. Dark and setting up the future. Actually too clean and happy an ending for my taste.

Puts it about on par with Jessica Jones, I think. Not too far behind Daredevil.

kc rush 11-19-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13223797)

It was like Tom Waits gargling gravel and glass shards

KCUnited 11-19-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 13226837)
It was like Tom Waits gargling gravel and glass shards

Tic Tacs for my real friends, real tacks for my sham friends.

unlurking 11-19-2017 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13226649)
I thought it fizzled out late. Expected the finale to end more like The Wire's finales used to. Dark and setting up the future. Actually too clean and happy an ending for my taste.

Puts it about on par with Jessica Jones, I think. Not too far behind Daredevil.

I didn't think it was really that clean.

Spoiler!