ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-21-2016 06:19 PM

Get home safe, man!

Dave Lane 06-21-2016 06:20 PM

I'm just scanning this looking for the tits now :D

go bo 06-21-2016 08:04 PM

safe travels, ed!!

Lonewolf Ed 06-22-2016 01:06 AM

I am in Copenhagen International Airport now, waiting for my departure gate to open. Boarding starts in 35 minutes. I made it through the check in, security, and passport control in under 10 minutes. I always prefer having some time to kill in an airport than sweating when every second counts. Missing a flight is the worst, next to having the airline cancel a flight, like last year in Chicago when I came back. I have a 7 hour wait in Jersey to look forward to. Ugh.

GloryDayz 06-22-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12285397)
I am in Copenhagen International Airport now, waiting for my departure gate to open. Boarding starts in 35 minutes. I made it through the check in, security, and passport control in under 10 minutes. I always prefer having some time to kill in an airport than sweating when every second counts. Missing a flight is the worst, next to having the airline cancel a flight, like last year in Chicago when I came back. I have a 7 hour wait in Jersey to look forward to. Ugh.

Love ya to no end Lone (no homo!!!), but like the rest of us I with you would stay! Perhaps selfish, but I grew up (half of my younger years in Italy ["on the economy"]), and seeing and reading what you were doing and seeing was awesome... It's reminded me that, when I retire, I want to move back to Italy...

So welcome back, but you could have stayed for 15 more years and just kept posting...

When's your next trip?

Lonewolf Ed 06-23-2016 04:46 AM

My next trip will not be through Newark! Due to mechanical mishaps with an engine back up ignition, we spent nearly three hours on the tarmac before taking off. Instead of landing in KC at 10:17 pm, it was getting close to 1:00 am. That was on top of the 7 hours I had to sit in that airport.

I have to see what my next phase of treatments do and go from there. In my condition, planning a year ahead just doesn't make sense to me anymore.

GloryDayz 06-23-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12286714)
My next trip will not be through Newark! Due to mechanical mishaps with an engine back up ignition, we spent nearly three hours on the tarmac before taking off. Instead of landing in KC at 10:17 pm, it was getting close to 1:00 am. That was on top of the 7 hours I had to sit in that airport.

I have to see what my next phase of treatments do and go from there. In my condition, planning a year ahead just doesn't make sense to me anymore.

Well safety first...

Lonewolf Ed 06-24-2016 07:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics from my digital camera. Sascha was all dolled up for a birthday party. I touched her and said, "Tsss! Ouch! Hot!" She laughed. Cockburn Street in Edinburgh was a very steep climb and I thought it was oddly named since it was my feet that were burning by the time I got to the top.

Lonewolf Ed 06-24-2016 07:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two of me enjoying a brew and me in Hamlet's Castle.

Lonewolf Ed 06-24-2016 03:20 PM

I will be going back to the center sooner than planned. The last three days in Denmark, I had dizzy spells, but since I got back, it has been much worse. I could hardly eat anything without feeling sick. I would take a few bites, lie down, take a few bites, lie down, and so on. I called my nurse today and she said to drink lots of Gatorade over the weekend. If the dizziness gets worse or I get chest pains, she said to go right to the ER. As it stands now, I will go in on Monday. My dizziness isn't swirling around, more side to side jerks. I do feel better after eating some Cheerios and two eggs, but I need to lie down for a while again.

DaNewGuy 06-24-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12288552)
I will be going back to the center sooner than planned. The last three days in Denmark, I had dizzy spells, but since I got back, it has been much worse. I could hardly eat anything without feeling sick. I would take a few bites, lie down, take a few bites, lie down, and so on. I called my nurse today and she said to drink lots of Gatorade over the weekend. If the dizziness gets worse or I get chest pains, she said to go right to the ER. As it stands now, I will go in on Monday. My dizziness isn't swirling around, more side to side jerks. I do feel better after eating some Cheerios and two eggs, but I need to lie down for a while again.

Sorry to hear that man and hopefully it gets better over the weekend. Yuck Gatorade hate that stuff.

Meatloaf 06-24-2016 04:11 PM

Ed, glad to hear you're back! Sorry to hear about the dizziness stuff, but I suspect you simply overdid it the past day or so. Traveling like that saps energy like nobody's business. Things will likely settle down once you get some R&R. Take care.

Easy 6 06-24-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12287981)
Here are two of me enjoying a brew and me in Hamlet's Castle.

These are outstanding, you look perfectly in your element

Buehler445 06-24-2016 08:46 PM

Take a pseudophed (if you can). Might be fluid in your inner ear.

EPodolak 06-24-2016 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12286714)

Better than going to the Mets game, I reckon.

Welcome back.