ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Training Camp help (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324204)

Ron Swanson 07-30-2019 06:40 PM

Training Camp help

I'm taking my 10 yr old son to training camp on Friday. I've never been, so I don't know what to expect. How early do we need to get there? What is the best place to sit for him to be able to see the players and possibly get some autographs? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Naptown Chief 07-30-2019 07:28 PM

I can't offer any advice, but I can offer a free bump...

Good luck, hope you and the youngin' have fun, and hope he can snag some autographs

IowaHawkeyeChief 07-31-2019 08:30 AM

It's pretty straight forward, although crowds will be bigger this year. No need to get there much more than a half hour before. There's been plenty of parking in the past. It's hard to get a really good angle of the scrimmage practice as you can stand on the north end zone and watch along the fence. The South endzone is reserved for VIPs/Season Ticket holders. The West Side of the fields are blocked off, the east side is a practice field where they do lots of drills early. There are bleachers there and it is a great spot to watch the QB's Receivers work drills as well as the defense or both together. The actual scrimmaging, is a whole field over from these bleachers, but you can see it, just not very well. On the South end of the East field there are the media tents and more bleachers, this is a great spot to get autographs after practice, watch the QB's wind down at the end of the day with a coach's challenge, or stand next to the 810 tent and listen to a player that comes over to be interviewed. It's all pretty intuitive and you and your son sure have a great time.

burt 07-31-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14371799)
No need to get there much more than a half hour before.

Wrong. THOUSANDS of peeps there. 5 to 8k... Parking was a nightmare and I got there 30 minutes early. Good luck getting near the interview area.

The experienced fans swarm the fences during warm down stretching and the players just sort of pick and area to do autographs. And every inch of the fence was 4 deep in fans seeking an autograph.

Hanging with other knowledgeable Chiefs fans was fun. Bleacher discussion was great.

I just hope Attaochu makes the roster. Everytime the announcers say his name, we can all all say Bless you.

Molitoth 07-31-2019 02:28 PM

Training Camp this year in comparison to the previous seasons is probably a big difference.

During the Alex Smith era, not many people were there... easy parking, easy access.

Hammock Parties 07-31-2019 02:41 PM

Sit in front of the media tent on the hill with the arrowhead.

Or sit in the bleachers.

It's anyone's guess as to where they will do 11 on 11 on a particular day.

Sometimes it's on the east field, sometimes it's on the west field.

Good luck. I still recommend sitting somewhere on the hill in either case, that is the best view. Bleachers aren't comfortable. Grass is.

Get there an hour before, at least.

tomahawk kid 07-31-2019 02:45 PM

Wait for it to be moved back to River Falls and then attend :)

IowaHawkeyeChief 07-31-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 14372565)
Wrong. THOUSANDS of peeps there. 5 to 8k... Parking was a nightmare and I got there 30 minutes early. Good luck getting near the interview area.

The experienced fans swarm the fences during warm down stretching and the players just sort of pick and area to do autographs. And every inch of the fence was 4 deep in fans seeking an autograph.

Hanging with other knowledgeable Chiefs fans was fun. Bleacher discussion was great.

I just hope Attaochu makes the roster. Everytime the announcers say his name, we can all all say Bless you.

That's why I caveated it with the crowds this year, thanks for clarifying as I'm headed down next week. It heard the weekend was crazy, are the weekdays as well?

Ron Swanson 07-31-2019 05:29 PM

Thanks guys. I'm hoping the Friday crowd won't be as crazy as the weekend.