ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306510)

pugsnotdrugs19 03-09-2017 11:15 PM

NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list

From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Quote:

— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.

Mother****erJones 03-09-2017 11:20 PM

I asked Terez Paylor about this on twitter and he said he'd buy this.

RunKC 03-09-2017 11:20 PM

Chiefs will need to trade up in the teens for Mahommes. Watson is a pipe dream. He's going top 10.

Discuss Thrower 03-09-2017 11:21 PM

Smokescreen to drive interest in a trade down due to the depth of the class.

If they take a QB, it'll be Jerod Evans.

Nightfyre 03-09-2017 11:22 PM

If the Chiefs think there is a franchise QB in this draft, they must pay the piper and go get them. It makes or breaks you.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-09-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12777256)
Chiefs will need to trade up in the teens for Mahommes. Watson is a pipe dream. He's going top 10.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Who's going to take them? The only QB who is getting top 5 or even top 10 talk lately is Trusbisky. Many teams have filled holes here in FA.

I think they'll have to trade up, but I think they will have a shot at either one potentially in the teens or later.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-09-2017 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12777255)
I asked Terez Paylor about this on twitter and he said he'd buy this.

That's interesting because Terez was at the combine too. There really aren't many reasons not to believe it, other than fear of the let down.

It makes all the sense in the world.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-09-2017 11:29 PM

It's gonna happen

jd1020 03-09-2017 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12777266)
That's interesting because Terez was at the combine too. There really aren't many reasons not to believe it, other than fear of the let down.

It makes all the sense in the world.

I'll admit I've stopped caring as much about the Chiefs as I used to but isn't Dorsey a guy that people can't get a read on? I seem to remember that there were very little Chiefs rumors being leaked coming up to the draft in years past. Now there's a rumor out there that the Chiefs are looking at QBs before the 3rd day? Ya... I'll believe it when I see it.

kcchiefsus 03-09-2017 11:30 PM

Won't happen

Nickhead 03-09-2017 11:30 PM

i actually have no doubt they will draft a qb that falls to them, or move up a few spots like denver did last year for lynch.
they will not wait till round 3 for alex's replacement. :D

jd1020 03-09-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12777275)
i actually have no doubt they will draft a qb that falls to them, or move up a few spots like denver did last year for lynch.

How many times has Dorsey traded up for a player? He's more likely to stand pat and settle for plan D.

beach tribe 03-09-2017 11:41 PM

I wouldn't get too worked up for a QB in the 1st people
I think it's next year.
You are just gonna piss yourselves off and we will have another Geno Smith situation.
It's not fun.

royr17 03-09-2017 11:58 PM

I want watson

Nickhead 03-09-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12777278)
How many times has Dorsey traded up for a player? He's more likely to stand pat and settle for plan D.

as i stated, he may do so, if one 'falls' into his lap. it is well documented that every rumor chief's related is not coming from management. if anything, the chiefs are more in tune with the kc whispers, than most franchises. unless there is a better option next year that will be available at 27 in the first round, they know it will take a qb at least ONE year to get the plays down. i would hedge my bets they draft round 1 or 2 for a qb this year rather than next. i mean look at bray. four years later :D

Nickhead 03-10-2017 12:21 AM

unless after next season alex throws for 4500 yards and they sign him to an extension. at that point kc is ****ed. :D

kcchiefsus 03-10-2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

I'm sure he WANTS to draft a QB. However, I have no faith in him to successfully play the draft game and land the guy we want. I'm expecting someone to jump in front of us or something else to go wrong.

kcchiefsus 03-10-2017 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12777285)
I wouldn't get too worked up for a QB in the 1st people
I think it's next year.
You are just gonna piss yourselves off and we will have another Geno Smith situation.
It's not fun.

Even next year we likely won't be in position for the top guys and we'll be desperate because we absolutely HAVE to get a guy next year. I'd rather Dorsey not put us in a desperate situation, because inevitably he will get outplayed trying to maneuver in the draft.

Red Dawg 03-10-2017 05:49 AM

Music to my ears but next years prospects are better. Unless Dorsey is in love with one I don't think he'll do it. Watson won't happen, he'll be gone but Mahones could happen and he's got that certain something I like. He stays alive and makes plays Big Ben style.

ILChief 03-10-2017 06:26 AM

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. There is definitely more smoke about us drafting a qb than I can remember. Worried we are gonna draft a DL to replace pie. I want qb and RB in rounds 1 and 2. We have ignored skill positions early in the draft for far too long

Marcellus 03-10-2017 07:20 AM

Its a good year for a trade up the only real starting job up for grabs on either side of the ball is ILB and CB2 and we have decent depth in many areas.

ptlyon 03-10-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 12777262)
If the Chiefs think there is a franchise QB in this draft, they must pay the piper and go get them. It makes or breaks you.

I'll take break me for $1,000, Alex

Sandy Vagina 03-10-2017 08:26 AM

Quote:

Why not? Surely, even a day 3 QB pick (much less rd 3) would outperform Smith and his 15 TDs.

Lzen 03-10-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12777371)
Its a good year for a trade up the only real starting job up for grabs on either side of the ball is ILB and CB2 and we have decent depth in many areas.

What's the status on Mauga? As much as we like to complain about him being not very athletic, he is much more solid than the backups that had to play last year.

arrwheader 03-10-2017 08:32 AM

I think this year is the best chance we have had to draft a QB high. The Alex situation and the fact that the Chiefs are playoff contenders they are going to have to trade up to get a high pick to get a QB. Dorsey isn't planning on going 2-14 next year. They are nearing the end of the AS era and they know it. So the pressure to get the next QB is there more than ever. I think they are aware that this is the best time since we got AS for two more years. It would be good to get a guy now to learn before he's push out on the field. I think it's likely guys. I feel it.

arrwheader 03-10-2017 08:36 AM

I think there is so much buzz around the Chiefs and a QB for several reasons but the main one is that it just makes so much sense. If the Chiefs don't it's because they really just are incompetent or they just really don't like anyone in this draft.

KC_Lee 03-10-2017 08:37 AM

Trade with TN for the 18th pick, puts us ahead of Houston & Denver and take the best QB on the board. Let him sit for a season, sell a million jerseys, let him start in 2018, rule the world.

wazu 03-10-2017 08:40 AM

Stop doing this to yourselves. Alex will be the starter in 2018. Abandon hope. Focus on other things in your life that are actually worth your energy.

Dayze 03-10-2017 08:44 AM

^ that

Reerun_KC 03-10-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12777445)
Trade with TN for the 18th pick, puts us ahead of Houston & Denver and take the best QB on the board. Let him sit for a season, sell a million jerseys, let him start in 2018, rule the world.

YES! Profit!!!

Bowser 03-10-2017 08:46 AM

I just can't see Dorsey trading up, especially in this draft for these QBs. If he were to trade up, it's going to be next year when the talent fills back out.

That's why I think more and more, IF the QB rumor with KC in this draft is true, that they're looking at Kizer at 27. I've heard not a peep about him post draft, even though he supposedly knocked it out of the park. If he's sitting there at 27, I wouldn't be surprised if they take him.

And if I'm wrong and Kizer is getting a ton of run, put me in my place.

Reerun_KC 03-10-2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 12777444)
I think there is so much buzz around the Chiefs and a QB for several reasons but the main one is that it just makes so much sense. If the Chiefs don't it's because they really just are incompetent or they just really don't like anyone in this draft.

We have decades of factual evidence to prove this is actually FACT....

Dayze 03-10-2017 08:50 AM

I thought I read and heard on NFL that Kizer's combine sucked.

admittedly, I know nothing about him, but I do remembe watching some post combine wrap up show and all the talking heads were making comments that weren't so flattering.

anyone else hear/read that?

Bowser 03-10-2017 08:51 AM

Where the **** is Pestilence when you need him? I'm sure he'd give a bj-quality review of Kizer right about now.

TomBarndtsTwin 03-10-2017 08:53 AM

It makes all the sense in the world this year to go and get their QBOTF (Watson, Mahomes?) if they fall in love with someone and think he's 'the guy'. They have some draft ammunition, there's not a lot of needs on the roster, not much $$$ to play with, etc.

Alex for one more year (mainly because of the cap situation, but also partly to the veteran leadership presence he provides) and then cut him after 2017 when they can save a ton on the cap by releasing him. The rook can sit and learn the playbook/offense for a year and then have open competition come 2018 with Bray and the Rook. Best man wins. Either your QBOTF is ready to start 2018 or maybe you get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle with Bray.

Either way, win for the Chiefs. You're young at the QB position, with a lot of potential and very little money tied into it, giving you the ability to fill in other holes on the team.

Rooster 03-10-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12777465)

ROFL

So true. :deevee:

jd1020 03-10-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 12777476)
It makes all the sense in the world this year to go and get their QBOTF (Watson, Mahomes?)

Can you give me a year in the last 30 where it didn't make all the sense in the world for the Chiefs to go after their QBOTF in the draft?

BryanBusby 03-10-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12777468)
I thought I read and heard on NFL that Kizer's combine sucked.

admittedly, I know nothing about him, but I do remembe watching some post combine wrap up show and all the talking heads were making comments that weren't so flattering.

anyone else hear/read that?

He's a multi year project, but that upside is quite high. I wouldn't hesitate to spend a 2 on him, but nothing above that.

The Franchise 03-10-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12777471)
Where the **** is Pestilence when you need him? I'm sure he'd give a bj-quality review of Kizer right about now.

He didn't have a great combine. No clue why.

The Franchise 03-10-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12777489)
He's a multi year project, but that upside is quite high. I wouldn't hesitate to spend a 2 on him, but nothing above that.

I'd rather have the 5th year option for that very reason.

kepp 03-10-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 12777441)
I think this year is the best chance we have had to draft a QB high. The Alex situation and the fact that the Chiefs are playoff contenders they are going to have to trade up to get a high pick to get a QB. Dorsey isn't planning on going 2-14 next year. They are nearing the end of the AS era and they know it. So the pressure to get the next QB is there more than ever. I think they are aware that this is the best time since we got AS for two more years. It would be good to get a guy now to learn before he's push out on the field. I think it's likely guys. I feel it.

Following this line of thinking though, the window for competing for a championship is small and a R1 QB would have zero affect this season. I'd love for them to go QB in the first, but they will go ILB, DB, or RB.

BryanBusby 03-10-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12777495)
I'd rather have the 5th year option for that very reason.

Yeah he's just not worth a 1. I'd gamble on having to franchise tagging him if push came to shove.

TomBarndtsTwin 03-10-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12777485)
Can you give me a year in the last 30 where it didn't make all the sense in the world for the Chiefs to go after their QBOTF in the draft?

2013? The year we had the #1 pick in the draft . . . .

Which QB should we have drafted then?

I mean, we ended up actually signing one of the best QB prospects in the draft (Bray) as a UDFA.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2017 09:09 AM

Kc will take a Rd 1 QB this year

jd1020 03-10-2017 09:11 AM

Oh yes. Tyler Bray was one of the best prospects that year as he went undrafted and the only reason he's still on a NFL roster is because of IR. Is this the year Bray makes it past the backup of the backup? Maybe he makes the active roster!

And don't give me this shit about Bray getting passed on because of off field shit when guys like Manziel get drafted in the first round.

King_Chief_Fan 03-10-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 12777503)
2013? The year we had the #1 pick in the draft . . . .

Which QB should we have drafted then?

I mean, we ended up actually signing one of the best QB prospects in the draft (Bray) as a UDFA.

Bray?ROFL....how has that worked out

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 03-10-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12777307)
unless after next season alex throws for 4500 yards and they sign him to an extension. at that point kc is ****ed. :D

He'd have to complete 1500 passes to throw for 4500 yards, won't happen!

TomBarndtsTwin 03-10-2017 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12777514)
Oh yes. Tyler Bray was one of the best prospects that year as he went undrafted and the only reason he's still on a NFL roster is because of IR. Is this the year Bray makes it past the backup of the backup? Maybe he makes the active roster!

1) He will most likely be the #2 behind Alex this year.

2) Go back to 2013 and check any QB prospect list going into the draft. Bray was in the Top 10 on all of them. No one is saying he was an 'elite' prospect.

3) Again, who would you have rather the Chiefs drafted that year?

4) Why are you so angry . . . . . .

Dunerdr 03-10-2017 09:15 AM

Next year's qb class is far more promising-CP every ****ing year that luck wasn't drafted.

jd1020 03-10-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 12777524)
4) Why are you so angry . . . . . .

Who is angry?

I honestly wouldn't give a **** who they drafted at QB as long as they showed the ability to give a rats ass about the position.

The last QB I actively fought for on this forum and wanted the Chiefs to draft was Kirk Cousins. I took a lot of "we already have Stanzi" shit for it too. Since then I don't waste my time thinking about which QB they are going to draft because now they've entered the realm of cutting the ones they do draft before their first year begins.

TomBarndtsTwin 03-10-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12777539)
Who is angry?

I honestly wouldn't give a **** who they drafted at QB as long as they showed the ability to give a rats ass about the position.

The last QB I actively fought for on this forum and wanted the Chiefs to draft was Kirk Cousins. I took a lot of "we already have Stanzi" shit for it too. Since then I don't waste my time thinking about which QB they are going to draft because now they've entered the realm of cutting the ones they do draft before their first year begins.

Andy Reid and John Dorsey have shown over the course of their NFL careers that they do, in fact, give a rats ass about the QB position.

Try not to hold the Chiefs sins of the past against them. They know they need to get their QBOTF. It will either be this year (I would bet on this year, unless there is a surprise run on QB's early in Round 1) or next year, as the timetable/experiment with Alex is coming to an end. But it does not make fiscal sense to cut Alex this year.

The time is almost here. A new era in Chiefs football is about to begin. The age of the QBOTF.

Hang in there . . . . . .

Mr. Laz 03-10-2017 09:31 AM

What if ....

kcchiefsus 03-10-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 12777558)
Andy Reid and John Dorsey have shown over the course of their NFL careers that they do, in fact, give a rats ass about the QB position.

Try not to hold the Chiefs sins of the past against them. They know they need to get their QBOTF. It will either be this year (I would bet on this year, unless there is a surprise run on QB's early in Round 1) or next year, as the timetable/experiment with Alex is coming to an end. But it does not make fiscal sense to cut Alex this year.

The time is almost here. A new era in Chiefs football is about to begin. The age of the QBOTF.

Hang in there . . . . . .

Haha, keep dreaming. Dorsey will **** it up.

jd1020 03-10-2017 09:39 AM

Dorsey has never been the man to pick up the phone and make his pick until he joined the Chiefs. I don't know why people seem to think he was the GM in Green Bay.

And it's hard not to look at the way these 2 handle the QB position when they treat Alex Smith the same exact way as Pioli treated Cassel.

The Chiefs have had one of the worst passing offenses in the league since both of those guys came to town and traded for Alex Smith. This is 2017 and a passing offense is pretty important in today's game. Then just before his final season they prematurely extend the ****ing bum to a stupid contract and have brought in absolutely no one to challenge him just like Pioli brought in absolutely no one to challenge Cassel.

TomBarndtsTwin 03-10-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12777568)
Haha, keep dreaming. Dorsey will **** it up.

Well, Dorsey is known for ****ing it up in the draft and not drafting QB's. :rolleyes:

rico 03-10-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Who is angry?

I love Cousins.

And things are rocky with him in Washington. Apparently, he requested to be traded.

Spott 03-10-2017 09:52 AM

They aren't drafting any QB in hopes of them ever being a starter.

kcchiefsus 03-10-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 12777587)
They aren't drafting any QB in hopes of them ever being a starter.

Yep, I'm sure once we're done with Smith we'll have no legitimate player to take over and will end up trading for another journeyman. Say goodbye to next year's 2nd round pick. It's the Chiefs way.

Mr. Laz 03-10-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12777594)
Yep, I'm sure once we're done with Smith we'll have no legitimate player to take over and will end up trading for another journeyman. Say goodbye to next year's 2nd round pick. It's the Chiefs way.

What makes you think that Reid is going to still be here after Smith is gone?

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12777582)
I love Cousins.

And things are rocky with him in Washington. Apparently, he requested to be traded.

Cousins is sooooooo meh. No thanks.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Who is angry?

**** Cousins. So you have just as shit QB tastes as the Chiefs. BUT YAAAARDS!!!!

MahiMike 03-10-2017 10:25 AM

Shhhhh!!! It's supposed to be a secret!

jd1020 03-10-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12777629)
**** Cousins. So you have just as shit QB tastes as the Chiefs. BUT YAAAARDS!!!!

Yards and TDs out of your QB... don't want that.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2017 10:28 AM

...and pissing away playoff berths with epic pants shittings

rico 03-10-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12777624)
Cousins is sooooooo meh. No thanks.

We have a case of "meh" behind center that is so bad that it is difficult on the eyes. The guy can't even play dodgeball.

rico 03-10-2017 10:33 AM

Not to mention, I disagree. Cousins is really good...and plays with a ton of fire. Guy had some games where he was just lights out...better than Smith has ever been.

jd1020 03-10-2017 10:35 AM

In his 2nd full year as starter Cousins showed some inexperience. Heaven have mercy. Meanwhile he's averaged 27 TDs, 68% completions, and 4500 yards on the shithole Redskins.

But that's not good enough at QB for Chiefs fan PGM.

ptlyon 03-10-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12777655)
The guy can't even play dodgeball.

ROFL

rico 03-10-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12777664)
In his 2nd full year as starter Cousins showed some inexperience. Heaven have mercy. Meanwhile he's averaged 27 TDs, 68% completions, and 4500 yards on the shithole Redskins.

And just think of how Alex was doing in that phase of his career.

Back to the topic... My fave 3 QB's are Mahomes, Kizer and Webb. I think Watson may bust...he has moments where he throws a real ugly ball...

The Franchise 03-10-2017 10:50 AM

Kizer and Mahomes are 1a and 1b at this point with Mahomes getting the slight lead based on athleticism. Watson is 3rd on my list.

KC_Lee 03-10-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12777685)
Kizer and Mahomes are 1a and 1b at this point with Mahomes getting the slight lead based on athleticism. Watson is 3rd on my list.

Trubisky 2nd?

The Franchise 03-10-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12777693)
Trubisky 2nd?

We won't have a shot at Trubisky. And I'm not even sure we'll have a shot at Watson either.

KC_Lee 03-10-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12777699)
We won't have a shot at Trubisky. And I'm not even sure we'll have a shot at Watson either.

I've seen a few mocks with Keizer, Watson or Mahones dropping to us.

arrwheader 03-10-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12777465)

True but am speaking to the current regime in power.

KC_Lee 03-10-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 12777753)
True but am speaking to the current regime in power.

You mean the regime that has done the same thing regarding the QB position as the previous two regimes?

arrwheader 03-10-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 12777499)
Following this line of thinking though, the window for competing for a championship is small and a R1 QB would have zero affect this season. I'd love for them to go QB in the first, but they will go ILB, DB, or RB.

I guess I am just saying that it makes sense from a future standpoint. AS has got two years left contract wise. Trade up and draft a guy now to sit for a year just makes sense with the current roster. The positions you listed are needs but maybe they can fill them in later rounds or FA. Keep the window open and still be competitive after AS is gone. This team is pretty young. We got some aging stars but i think our "window" will be around for some time.

New World Order 03-10-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12777246)
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_G777JJtwU...-star-trek.gif

raybec 4 03-10-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12777664)

27 tds is Cousins average, Alex has never thrown 27 in his career. How could everyone not see Cousins as a MASSIVE upgrade?

arrwheader 03-10-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12777758)
You mean the regime that has done the same thing regarding the QB position as the previous two regimes?

The current regime got AS sure, but he wasn't matt asshole. We can't compare them to the whole existence of the franchise though. Ill be real, I haven't been around for the entire existence of the franchise but AS brought stability to the team. Maybe the plan all along is get Alex get stability, get competitive, then wait for the right time and grab your future guy.

YayMike 03-10-2017 11:57 AM

Lots of picks to use to get whichever one Andy and Dorsey like best. As I said in another thread, I'm not against using a pick from next year if the QBs go on an early run.