ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Bright: Did you like it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312690)

BleedingRed 12-29-2017 08:42 AM

Bright: Did you like it

I'd add more, but I loved it. LoTR's meets Training day. I thought it was great and can't wait to see part 2.

I think Netflix is on to something, and their content is typically great. They are spending 18 Billion in 2018 to make movies and new content.

So what did y'all think of the movie/concept?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MUY3GVByRUs" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 12-29-2017 08:49 AM

I keep seeing this pop up..

it has to be ****in trash

siberian khatru 12-29-2017 08:51 AM

First thing I thought of was Alien Nation with Orcs instead of aliens

BleedingRed 12-29-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13313947)

Pretty much, but I do love the concept/universe they have created.

BigRichard 12-29-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 13313933)
I'd add more, but I loved it. LoTR's meets Training day. I thought it was great and can't wait to see part 2.

I think Netflix is on to something, and their content is typically great. They are spending 18 Billion in 2018 to make movies and new content.

So what did y'all think of the movie/concept?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MUY3GVByRUs" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I watched it. Feels like if they are going to do something like this they need to do a lot more world building. They really didn't expand too much on it. I think a better analogy would be Alien Nation meets LoTR.

I did not hate it but would definitely need to see some world building to keep me interested. Almost thought it would be better as a series rather than some movies.

BleedingRed 12-29-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13313956)
I watched it. Feels like if they are going to do something like this they need to do a lot more world building. They really didn't expand too much on it. I think a better analogy would be Alien Nation meets LoTR.

I did not hate it but would definitely need to see some world building to keep me interested. Almost thought it would be better as a series rather than some movies.

Agreed,

I think they will expand in 2nd movie (think they are hoping for trilogy)

Zebedee DuBois 12-29-2017 10:19 AM

It was a'right. As mentioned, highly derivative of Alien Nation. Will Smith plays the same character he almost always plays.

patteeu 12-29-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 13313951)
Pretty much, but I do love the concept/universe they have created.

I love the concept and the universe. I thought the story was meh.

RobBlake 12-29-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 13314067)
It was a'right. As mentioned, highly derivative of Alien Nation. Will Smith plays the same character he almost always plays.

Will is such a specific character that it’s hard to not archetype him.

lawrenceRaider 12-29-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 13314067)

I enjoyed it. Not a great movie, but mostly a fun watch. Probably would have been better with a different lead actor.

Frazod 12-29-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Yeah. It's really not reaching out to me. At all.

SAGA45 12-29-2017 01:36 PM

I enjoyed it and agree with others on the needed world-building. A LOTR-like catch-me-up in the beginning would've done the trick just fine.

lawrenceRaider 12-29-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 13314413)
I enjoyed it and agree with others on the needed world-building. A LOTR-like catch-me-up in the beginning would've done the trick just fine.

Netflix did release something like this, but it's a stand alone video to watch.

https://www.facebook.com/netflixus/v...2177371221058/

Fish 12-29-2017 02:51 PM

I love all the elements of this film. Looks like an interesting idea. But something about it just gives me zero desire to watch it.

MTG#10 12-29-2017 02:56 PM

I only made it through about 35 minutes.

RobBlake 12-29-2017 03:53 PM

The wife has no chemistry with will

JakeLV 12-29-2017 03:59 PM

I thought it was great. More world building would have been great, but they gave us a peek, and the orc-based racism for the LAPD I thought was a neat analogy.

The second though, I feel will boom or bust. Many open plot threads from the 1st movie, that should they be forgotten about, will likely ruin the movie for me.

unlurking 12-29-2017 09:04 PM

It was interesting. Potential for better stories in this universe, but this one just wasn't all that great.

Demonpenz 12-29-2017 11:14 PM

Alien Nation meets bad boys II

NewChief 12-30-2017 12:14 AM

I am a sucker for Shadowrun and urban fantasy, so I obviously liked it.

Pepe Silvia 12-30-2017 12:29 AM

Quote:

Me too.

Rausch 12-30-2017 08:30 AM

From what I've been hearing/reading Bright is the exact opposite of TLJ: critics hate it and the audience loves it.

I was meh before hearing that (I'm not big into fantasy) but now I feel like I have to watch it...

Rausch 12-30-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 13315180)
It was interesting. Potential for better stories in this universe, but this one just wasn't all that great.

If you had no choice but to give it a 7 out of 10 or 3 out of 10 which side would you fall on?...

unlurking 12-30-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13315577)
If you had no choice but to give it a 7 out of 10 or 3 out of 10 which side would you fall on?...

Easily a 7. I'd probably give it a 6.5 if not restricted to a 7 or a 3.

As others have said, the world building and character development are weak. The story is basically a movie long chase scene. On the bright side (yeah, that was bad), the acting isn't bad and the universe and characters have lots of room to grow. It could be very good as a series with good writers.

vailpass 12-30-2017 02:36 PM

Made it through twenty minutes or so. Over the top social justice messaging combined with Will Smith being the exact same characters he always is make this a non starter for me.

WilliamTheIrish 12-31-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Same here. It was just a terrible movie.

smith11 12-31-2017 02:05 PM

i didnt see it..but i loved it

jimidollar 12-31-2017 02:09 PM

It was entertaining. Definitely not original, but what is these days?

Rausch 01-01-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13316117)
Made it through twenty minutes or so. Over the top social justice messaging combined with Will Smith being the exact same characters he always is make this a non starter for me.

:facepalm:

unlurking 01-01-2018 09:26 AM

The evil perpetrators were female. So it's social justice messaging when women are good guys (Star Wars) and social justice messaging when they are bad guys (Bright)? Or is the concern that Elves hate Orcs and persecute them? Or is the concern that Orcs are supposed to be persecuted because that's the natural balance (Elf Power!)?

There are three classes of "people" in this movie, and humans are in the middle. Is the social justice messaging that humans are the lapdogs of the elves? That humans treat Orcs as badly as the elves (Orc Lives Matter!)? Or that the Orcs deserve it for serving the Dark Lord?

Are we seriously being offended by a fantasy movie? Are we snowflakes?

patteeu 01-01-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 13322256)
The evil perpetrators were female. So it's social justice messaging when women are good guys (Star Wars) and social justice messaging when they are bad guys (Bright)? Or is the concern that Elves hate Orcs and persecute them? Or is the concern that Orcs are supposed to be persecuted because that's the natural balance (Elf Power!)?

There are three classes of "people" in this movie, and humans are in the middle. Is the social justice messaging that humans are the lapdogs of the elves? That humans treat Orcs as badly as the elves (Orc Lives Matter!)? Or that the Orcs deserve it for serving the Dark Lord?

Are we seriously being offended by a fantasy movie? Are we snowflakes?

Being a fantasy movie doesn't mean it can't have a point of view. I don't know if it makes you a snowflake or not, but I reserve the right to be annoyed by storylines I find offensive whether it's because they're overly preachy, or based on an obnoxious premise, or just stupid. The culture war is real and it doesn't just take place on PBS and at the university.

unlurking 01-01-2018 09:33 AM

lol

So what's the offensive point?

patteeu 01-01-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 13322272)
lol

So what's the offensive point?

I didn't find it offensive. I'm able to tolerate the level of leftwing moralizing most movies contain. I just thought the "it's just a fantasy movie" was a worthless excuse.

unlurking 01-01-2018 09:38 AM

So you are SJW defending the viewpoint that the movie has a SJW bent, and yet you don't know what it was? Yay for you!

Let's all reserve the right to be offended by everything and bitch and moan about it while we're sharing stories about our periods! Yay!

unlurking 01-01-2018 09:39 AM

Better yet, let's turn this thread into a Star Wars fight! Yay!

patteeu 01-01-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 13322280)
So you are SJW defending the viewpoint that the movie has a SJW bent, and yet you don't know what it was? Yay for you!

Let's all reserve the right to be offended by everything and bitch and moan about it while we're sharing stories about our periods! Yay!

Whatever. It's just foolish to suggest that you can't push an agenda through a fantasy movie. Maybe some people just can't see that.

unlurking 01-01-2018 09:53 AM

My point, which I thought was rather obvious, was that taking offense to any agenda in this movie takes a ridiculous level of reach and requires an immense level of fear or paranoia.

What's foolish is to see an agenda around every corner. Because...aliens.

Seriously. Please tell me what the agenda is.

vailpass 01-01-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 13322307)
My point, which I thought was rather obvious, was that taking offense to any agenda in this movie takes a ridiculous level of reach and requires an immense level of fear or paranoia.

You can't see the blatant racial messaging and social commentary in that story? It's there from go. Are you sure you're being honest here?
I don't need to be hit over the head with agenda messaging when watching a comedy or sci if or anything else.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/27/chan...bright-racism/

http://www.filmjournal.com/reviews/film-review-bright

http://www.dailycal.org/2017/12/25/b...is-will-smith/

sully1983 01-01-2018 10:03 AM

Thought it sucked tbh. The director (David Ayer) is so hit or miss for me. I can't believe this is from the same guy that directed Fury & End of Watch (two excellent films ) and then he shits the bed with Suicide Squad & Bright. Very puzzling .

And I saw that Netflix has a sequel ready for Bright...smh.

unlurking 01-01-2018 10:05 AM

lol

It's always about race with you people. It could just as easily be about caste systems in general, such as India's or medieval feudal lords, nobles, merchants, and peasants.

Stop being a snowflake. Damn cucks.

vailpass 01-01-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 13322334)
lol

It's always about race with you people. It could just as easily be about caste systems in general, such as India's or medieval feudal lords, nobles, merchants, and peasants.

Stop being a snowflake. Damn cucks.

I see. You are being willfully obtuse in the hopes of normalizing the agenda.
Not going to work.
Did you even read the links?

Buehler445 01-01-2018 10:15 AM

Back to the movie, I thought it was decent. It should be noted though that I have not seen Alien Nation.

I read some of the comments here before I sat down to watch it. The first thing is this isn't the same old Smith as far as I can tell. Sure, he had some of the same old mannerisms that he always does in action movies, but he hasn't really taken the role of a lost soul before. And remember when he said he was above cussing (ROFL). To that end, the production and acting was pretty good.

As far as the world building goes, it could have used some more, and I think the post above with a quick voice-over would have done it.

Groundbreaking? No. Good? Yes.

patteeu 01-01-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

:facepalm:

unlurking 01-01-2018 10:28 AM

:)

The movie wasn't that bad. Complaining about a social agenda in a mediocre fantasy film is like complaining that the last Chuck Norris movie was pushing violence to solve problems.

Seriously, one group of people subjugating another due to race, religion, class, or whatever has been going on since the beginning. Being offended by this would be like being offended by sex or violence in a movie. So, when is it not "too soon"?

In just about every fantasy story that includes Orcs and Elves the two are at war and killing each other. One side NOT trying to destroy or control the other would be the real agenda here. You're trying to change the history of these fantasy stories to fit your moral compass. Are they supposed to be getting along and happy? Might as well make Thor a woman if that's what you want.

vailpass 01-01-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 13322387)
:)

The movie wasn't that bad. Complaining about a social agenda in a mediocre fantasy film is like complaining that the last Chuck Norris movie was pushing violence to solve problems.

Seriously, one group of people subjugating another due to race, religion, class, or whatever has been going on since the beginning. Being offended by this would be like being offended by sex or violence in a movie. So, when is it not "too soon"?

In just about every fantasy story that includes Orcs and Elves the two are at war and killing each other. One side NOT trying to destroy or control the other would be the real agenda here. You're trying to change the history of these fantasy stories to fit your moral compass. Are they supposed to be getting along and happy? Might as well make Thor a woman if that's what you want.

Not offended in the slightest. Just don't need agendas in my entertainment. It's supposed to be the opposite.

Beef Supreme 01-01-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Devil's advocate here. The evil 1% elves were all white. All of the white human cops were cartoonishly racist against the orc cop and wanted to kill him and the black cop first chance they got.

But as far as actual criticism, this movie felt like bad Shadowrun fan fiction.

NewChief 01-01-2018 11:59 AM

Social and political commentary is pretty much the raison d’etre for sci-fi and fantasy. If you don’t like the message, that’s fine... but it’s not like this is some new over the top leftist movie. Similarly, the latest Star Wars is getting this “rightwashing” treatment. It looks like the right wing is trying to more fully engage in the culture wars.

vailpass 01-01-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 13322607)
Social and political commentary is pretty much the raison d’etre for sci-fi and fantasy. If you don’t like the message, that’s fine... but it’s not like this is some new over the top leftist movie. Similarly, the latest Star Wars is getting this “rightwashing” treatment. It looks like the right wing is trying to more fully engage in the culture wars.

Though sci fi did dabble in social commentary sometimes the good stuff was always done in such a way that it was an organic thread in the story, often not readily apparent, and always as one piece of a stand alone story.

This is no Stranger in a Strange Land. This is a ham-handed effort that is laughable in it's efforts to push an agenda.

This critic nailed it pretty well:

..."It’s rare to see a movie so toxic that it manages to raise multiple red flags before the very first shot, but “Bright” is a special piece of work. As if the goofy crackle of blue magic that runs through the Netflix logo isn’t enough of a warning sign, that gag is followed by a card for a production company called “Trigger Warning Entertainment.” Just gonna go out on a limb and suggest that these might not be the best people to make a thinly veiled metaphor for America’s racial violence that starts with Will Smith swatting a rodent-like garden sprite and declaring that “Fairy lives don’t matter!” Lock and load, snowflakes!

Smith, in a hangdog performance so dispiriting that it might genuinely make you pity one of the world’s most successful people, stars as Daryl Ward, a second lieutenant who was just shot in the line of duty. Daryl had the bad luck of being partnered with Nick Jakoby, the first Orc on the force, and he paid a stiff price for his involuntary role in social progress. Nick (played by Joel Edgerton, mercifully unrecognizable underneath a splotchy latex mask that makes him look like a syphilitic Navy Seal), is just a nice guy who happens to be making history.

Nick never wanted to be the Jackie Robinson of of the LAPD, he just dreamed of having a badge. Unfortunately, orcs see him as a traitor, and humans see him as a monster, so Daryl is his only genuine shot at acceptance. (Spoiler alert: It turns out that who you are on the inside is all that really matters.) The two of them are going to have to forge some kind of mutual trust if they hope to survive the long night to come, which starts when a routine house call spirals out of control and leaves them fending off racist cops, protecting a mute elf (Lucy Fry), and trying to stop her sister (Noomi Rapace) from summoning “the dark lord” or whatever.

Oh yeah, “Bright” leans way too hard hard on “whatever.” As if the film’s racial dynamics aren’t flimsy enough — don’t ask how black people fit into a story that problematically recodes them as a violent breed of orcs who are responsible for their own subjugation, because screenwriter Max Landis never did — its fantasy mythology is even less coherent. Guillermo del Toro puts more thought into a single one of his creatures than Landis and Ayer manage to spread across the entirety of this interminable “Funny or Die” sketch, as every attempt at world-building is so feeble that it feels like the film is making fun of its own thoughtlessness."...
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/bri...17-1201909960/

bigjosh 01-01-2018 01:58 PM

There were so many cool ways they could have went with this movie, but they chose the shitty cop drama. Overplayed 80s bullshit cop drama.

I like the idea of the world it is set in. But the good cop, bad cop, buddy cop bullshit is lame.

There was zero character development, and zero emotion in it.

Sure-Oz 01-02-2018 01:24 AM

I was entertained...hoping they expand in the 2nd one. Give it a 7/10

tomahaw 01-02-2018 07:17 AM

Was not a fan.

SAGA45 01-03-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13314478)
Netflix did release something like this, but it's a stand alone video to watch.

https://www.facebook.com/netflixus/v...2177371221058/

Awesome! thanks!

lawrenceRaider 01-03-2018 10:43 AM

I'm looking forward to Bright2. Won't have much for expectations, but seems it will be either a total train wreck, which will be fun to mock, or make a step up and be fun to watch.

Sure-Oz 01-03-2018 11:45 AM

@Variety: Will Smith, Joel Edgerton, and David Ayer are returning for the #Bright sequel without writer Max Landis http://bit.ly/2DWGRrf https://twitter.com/Variety/status/9...068993/photo/1

Rausch 01-03-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13324420)
I was entertained...hoping they expand in the 2nd one. Give it a 7/10

This makes me want to watch it - politics be damned.

Netflix doesn't care about opinions they care about views.

They want quality content and they have earned my trust...

vailpass 01-03-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13327902)
This makes me want to watch it - politics be damned.

Netflix doesn't care about opinions they care about views.

They want quality content and they have earned my trust...

[IMG]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QuPfCuga5NE" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]

Rausch 01-03-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13328063)
[IMG]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QuPfCuga5NE" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]

Well, ****.

I'd still argue the quality of...eh...**** me...

vailpass 01-03-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13328119)
Well, ****.

I'd still argue the quality of...eh...**** me...

Netflix is great.
I was just posting it because it seemed to fit. That episode was hilarious.

Rausch 01-03-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13328128)
Netflix is great.
I was just posting it because it seemed to fit. That episode was hilarious.

It fits.

I CONSISTENTLY quote SP as pointing out how you know you're wrong (right or left.)

The problem is there's no way Trump will slap down FOX getting reerun money to further their media push.

And I'm a Trump fan.

It's a bad idea.

I don't want SJW'S making films and I wouldn't want Kirk ****ing Cameran running a studio...

MTG#10 01-03-2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13327619)
I'm looking forward to Bright2. Won't have much for expectations, but seems it will be either a total train wreck, which will be fun to mock, or make a step up and be fun to watch.

So exactly like the first one? Yeah no thanks.

listopencil 01-05-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13322326)
You can't see the blatant racial messaging and social commentary in that story? It's there from go. Are you sure you're being honest here?
I don't need to be hit over the head with agenda messaging when watching a comedy or sci if or anything else.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/27/chan...bright-racism/

http://www.filmjournal.com/reviews/film-review-bright

http://www.dailycal.org/2017/12/25/b...is-will-smith/

"Bright, directed by David Ayer (Suicide Squad)..."

Oh. OK, thanks. Now I know not to bother trying to watch this.

vailpass 01-05-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13332133)
"Bright, directed by David Ayer (Suicide Squad)..."

Oh. OK, thanks. Now I know not to bother trying to watch this.

Yeah had I known Bright flowed out of the same fail pipe as Squad I wouldn't have wasted my time. It only took a few minutes to know this was an absolute shit sandwich.

listopencil 01-05-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13332154)
Yeah had I known Bright flowed out of the same fail pipe as Squad I wouldn't have wasted my time. It only took a few minutes to know this was an absolute shit sandwich.

I was hoping that it wasn't as bad as it looked and sounded from the snippets I've stumbled into.

vailpass 01-05-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13332177)
I was hoping that it wasn't as bad as it looked and sounded from the snippets I've stumbled into.

Like everything else you can't tell until you see it for yourself (which I know you know). I've watched the movie Norbit probably 10 times over the years though critics and everyone will tell you it sucks. Don't care, damn thing cracks me up.

keg in kc 01-06-2018 07:51 AM

While I wouldn't say it was good I did like it.

Deberg_1990 01-06-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13322864)
There were so many cool ways they could have went with this movie, but they chose the shitty cop drama. Overplayed 80s bullshit cop drama.

I like the idea of the world it is set in. But the good cop, bad cop, buddy cop bullshit is lame.

There was zero character development, and zero emotion in it.

I liked it more than you did here. But I do agree if felt very 80s action/buddy cop derivative.

Lethal Weapon turned sci-fi.

It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t anything special either. But I was entertained for 2 hours.

Ragged Robin 01-07-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13332177)

I thought it would be real bad but I found I was pleasantly surprised by it. I didn't think think they got too heavy handed with the social commentary and it was generally a fun and enjoyable flick for what it was.

Clyde Frog 01-08-2018 03:16 PM

No interest. I wish it would stop auto previewing every time I log in to Netflix on my Roku.

RINGLEADER 01-11-2018 10:49 PM

Did I like it?

Not really.

Bowser 01-12-2018 08:36 PM

I liked it, but I wanted to like it more. It really was preachy as ****, but there definitely were elements that I enjoyed and make a sequel intriguing.

BigRedChief 01-12-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13333892)
While I wouldn't say it was good I did like it.

it wasn't as bad as others have said. I was entertained after the wand appeared. Liked the stunts and action.

Beef Supreme 01-12-2018 09:04 PM

Everyone trying to steal the wand. Just let them ****ing have it and watch them blow the **** up.

BigRedChief 01-13-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13357207)
Everyone trying to steal the wand. Just let them ****ing have it and watch them blow the **** up.

They dont have to touch it to use its value. Someone would pay a lot for it. Part of the sale would get them to make their body whole, give them millions etc.

But, if they know how to use it, they can just go back in time and undo the transaction just to **** them over.

Beef Supreme 01-13-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13357506)
They dont have to touch it to use its value. Someone would pay a lot for it. Part of the sale would get them to make their body whole, give them millions etc.

But, if they know how to use it, they can just go back in time and undo the transaction just to **** them over.

The elf chick did know how to use it, yet instead of doing anything she lets everyone get chased and shot at all night. And that's not exactly the only gaping plot hole.

The movie was mildly entertaining, but it was mostly pretty shit with a dose of preaching.

Rausch 01-13-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13357171)
I liked it, but I wanted to like it more.

That's an odd statement.

Why?...

Bowser 01-13-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13357607)
That's an odd statement.

Why?...

Just felt like there was a ton of potential in there that never gets realized....

BigRedChief 01-13-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13357514)
The elf chick did know how to use it, yet instead of doing anything she lets everyone get chased and shot at all night. And that's not exactly the only gaping plot hole.

The movie was mildly entertaining, but it was mostly pretty shit with a dose of preaching.

l and we were talking about others wanting to have the wand.

There are plot holes all over this movie. It's not great cinema.

Spoiler!

BigRedChief 01-13-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13357656)
Just felt like there was a ton of potential in there that never gets realized....

This! It could have been much better. Lots of material to explore in this version of the future.