ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: Fire Sutton (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313031)

Easy 6 01-11-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13352912)
The Chiefs actually did a decent job stopping Tennessee's running game.

Mariota got most, if not all, of his rushing yards (46) on passing plays.

Henry broke two big runs for about 56 yards that were really fluke plays, because Daniel Sorensen and Jarvis Jenkins completely blew assignments on one and Zombo got blocked by the damn QB on the other, after the play was stopped.

He didn't hurt us too bad otherwise (21 carries for 100 yards), considering our very limited defensive personnel in the front seven, and poor tackling at safety.

https://charts-cdn-c.nextgenstats.nf...288102819.jpeg

Bob is doing all he can.

They clearly preferred the left side, worked us over like a cheap whore there... high Bob, what did you do about it?

TEX 01-12-2018 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13353079)
Who knows. Maybe they're delaying announcing his retirement until they secure somebody to replace him. We can only hope.

I was in this camp - now I think the delay is more for a chilling out period and he's not going anywhere.

PAChiefsGuy 01-12-2018 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13355155)
They clearly preferred the left side, worked us over like a cheap whore there... high Bob, what did you do about it?

If I was Sutton I'd say - you try stopping the run with Zombo over there. Slow whiteboy is a backup at best.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-12-2018 10:35 AM

The Bills just now fired their OC. Sutton not out of the woods yet, I don't believe.

Sassy Squatch 01-12-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13355730)
If I was Sutton I'd say - you try stopping the run with Zombo over there. Slow whiteboy is a backup at best.

If Sutton had half a brain, he'd throw Kpass over there.

old_geezer 01-12-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13355726)
I was in this camp - now I think the delay is more for a chilling out period and he's not going anywhere.

This is my thought exactly. Andy is loyal to a fault (Sutton = fault). Be prepared to another year of incredibly soft defense. :#

KC_Lee 01-12-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Well overload the other side of the line with 3 down linemen and play dime on running downs of course.

O.city 01-12-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Clearly they were running towards the Olb on that side

Priority #1 this offseason imo

pugsnotdrugs19 01-12-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13356171)
Clearly they were running towards the Olb on that side

Priority #1 this offseason imo

Yes... our #1 need is OLB. Haven't seen enough from KPass to believe in him yet as a starter full time.

GloryDayz 01-12-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13355726)

One thing Clark tells all his subordinate leadership, perhaps "explains" is a better term, is

Quote:

"Kansas City" is a small market, the people there are good and kind people, and the press is weak compared to most cities, so even if they get mad, they'll get over it. It's not like being in L.A. where you're having to compete with 300 other things to do on home-game-Sundays, so when we ****-up (like we do every year) because we're cheap bastards and don't really give a shit about winning simply circle the wagons, hide in a hole, turn off the news, or go to Fiji, they'll get over it because they're lucky to have a team (and we've sold them that line for 40+ years, it works!). So give it a while and those suckers fine people will go right back lining our pockets again, like they always do. Why? Because we'll sell them on a story of hope, a story of tradition, a five year plan (five times in a row!), some new addition like a QBOTF or new shitters (and my new house in the stands), or any line our marketing department dreams up. Who really knows after each ****-up, but know this, these people are forgiving, will swallow the hook, hand back the bait, and we will ride their forgiveness and the league's annual donation to our happy places - like we've always done. Fear not, my father invented this formula, and he was "A man of vision" (it says so on the hot chocolate mugs we'll sell them!" and that's our corporate plan!

GloryDayz 01-12-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 13356096)
This is my thought exactly. Andy is loyal to a fault (Sutton = fault). Be prepared to another year of incredibly soft defense. :#

We prepare our selves for something every year, just not a SB appearance.