ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Dr. Gigglepants 04-28-2013 08:18 PM

Anyone seen Maniac?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2103217/

DaKCMan AP 05-01-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9586842)
42 was pretty good I caught it on Friday. I saw "The place beyond the pines" today and really enjoyed it.

Really? My girl and I saw it on Sunday, mostly because Rotten Tomatoes gave it an 80% rating.

We both thought it was terrible. It was predictable, the plot and character development was lacking, and it was slower than Terrance Cody's 40 time. They stretched a 90 minute movie into nearly 2.5 hours. Just awful and a waste of good talent (Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, Eva Mendes).

Easy 6 05-01-2013 11:03 AM

Just wanted to throw in a plug for an oldie but a goodie i hadnt seen in years and rented the other night... True Romance.

What an awesome movie, look at this cast...

Christian Slater when he was still cool
Patricia Arquette
Samuel Jackson
Gary Oldman
Dennis Hopper
Christopher Walken
James Gandolfini
Brad Pitt
Saul Rubinek
Chris Penn
Tom Sizemore when he was still cool
The black gangster from The Crow
Val Kilmer
Anna Thompson
Bronson Pinchot
And i'm sure i'm missing another one or two

Arquette had me in love with her within the first 10 minutes, she was just sooo perfect for that role.

The Hopper/Walken showdown rivals anything ever put on screen for two true acting heavyweights brilliantly going toe to toe, every bit as awesome as Deniro/Pacino in Heat.

Gandolfini shows us the menace that made him so perfect for Tony Soprano.

Oldman was awesome.

Just a great movie, possibly Tarantinos best writing IMVHO.

Baby Lee 05-01-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9648633)
Just wanted to throw in a plug for an oldie but a goodie i hadnt seen in years and rented the other night... True Romance.

Perhaps Brad Pitt's best role.

CERTAINLY Bronson Pinchot's.

Up there with The Big Lebowski and Apocalypse Now for me.

Easy 6 05-01-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9648660)
Perhaps Brad Pitt's best role.

CERTAINLY Bronson Pinchot's.

Up there with The Big Lebowski and Apocalypse Now for me.

Heh, i'm not so sure about Pitt, but DEFINITELY Pinchot, he never again even sniffed a part in something so cool.

Baby Lee 05-01-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9648666)
Heh, i'm not so sure about Pitt, but DEFINITELY Pinchot, he never again even sniffed a part in something so cool.

Yeah, the Pitt part was more about that being the role where he went from 'meh, Hwood pretty boy' [90% Thelma and Louise's toy] to 'hey, I dig this guy.'

Frazod 05-01-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9606335)
Just finished "The Hunger Games."

I absolutely hated the ending. Ruined the whole film for me.
UGH. It's like the writers ran out of time.

I watched that last week, mainly just to see what all the fuss was about.

The whole children-killing-each-other thing was fairly off-putting, but other than that it wasn't bad.

mikeyis4dcats. 05-01-2013 02:23 PM

the wife and I were running some errands in KC Friday afternoon, and decided to see a movie. We saw Mud at the Leawood Theaters.....pretty neat movie, and couldn't ask for a more apropos setting to see it in. I can't recall the last time I was in a good ole movie theater thats about 200 feet deep and 40 feet wide with heavy canvas seats.

PunkinDrublic 05-01-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9648573)
Really? My girl and I saw it on Sunday, mostly because Rotten Tomatoes gave it an 80% rating.

We both thought it was terrible. It was predictable, the plot and character development was lacking, and it was slower than Terrance Cody's 40 time. They stretched a 90 minute movie into nearly 2.5 hours. Just awful and a waste of good talent (Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, Eva Mendes).

I do wish it would've had more bank robberies.

DaKCMan AP 05-02-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9649592)
I do wish it would've had more bank robberies.

Yeah - though I found Gosling's screechy yelling during the robberies somewhat amusing.

I just didn't get (or find necessary) all of the long, drawn out shots of scenery with "dramatic, thought provoking" music.

I think I would have enjoyed the movie a lot more if it was an hour shorter. A few times through the movie we would look at each other and either laugh at it's ridiculousness (like Bradley Cooper's embarrassingly bad cop skills - I realize it was intentional) or give each other looks like "is this ever going to end?"

DaKCMan AP 05-02-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9649278)
the wife and I were running some errands in KC Friday afternoon, and decided to see a movie. We saw Mud at the Leawood Theaters.....pretty neat movie, and couldn't ask for a more apropos setting to see it in. I can't recall the last time I was in a good ole movie theater thats about 200 feet deep and 40 feet wide with heavy canvas seats.

We saw 'Pines in the historic Tampa Theater. I hadn't been there before, but it was a cool experience. I'd go again - just not too often because the lack of leg room during a 2.5hr movie became too much.

http://cdnfiles.hdrcreme.com/28918/m...jpg?1309054849

Dayze 05-02-2013 07:52 AM

wow; that's very cool

Fish 05-02-2013 09:32 PM

Saw the Numbers Station yesterday. John Cusack, and some chick. It was pretty decent. Like the Grosse Pointe Blank character playing the part of Ryan Reynolds in the movie Safe House.

I liked it..

Hammock Parties 05-05-2013 11:22 AM

http://i.imgur.com/NGV1gzG.gif

Ceej 05-05-2013 11:27 AM

Watched noobz - great flick for gaming nerds like myself.

Also watched the Odds on Netflix which was much better than I had imagined.