ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs We all know what happened. It’s on Mahomes. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318183)

Sofa King 10-14-2018 09:37 PM

We all know what happened. It’s on Mahomes.

Fact is, Mahomes hits those early throws he missed that were obvious TD’s and we change the ballgame with Hunt pounding them to death, defense be damned. Gotta jump out early every game. Opens up all the trickery bullshit that other teams can’t defend.

TLO 10-14-2018 09:38 PM

I think so too, yes.

smithandrew051 10-14-2018 09:39 PM

My thoughts too.

We know the defense can’t and won’t win us games. The offense can’t put themselves in a hole early. We do that and other teams can commit to running the ball. It’s a recipe for disaster.

Rasputin 10-14-2018 09:40 PM

We fought back that was impressive and will take this as a stepping game.

Mahomes first half jitters but this is now behind him he did overcome in the second half if only he had the ball last.

tk13 10-14-2018 09:40 PM

My answer is honestly the same when people blamed Alex for the Colts playoff loss. You just can't blame the offense when they score 40 points. They could have done things better sure, but you just are rolling the dice when you give up 43 points. You cannot expect the offense to be absolutely perfect and score 50-60 points. That is asking a lot of Mahomes, Brady, Manning, any of them.

Chief Northman 10-14-2018 09:41 PM

Major game mismanagement near the end didn’t help.
Let Gronk score. Try covering a running back.

Hitchens and Ragland are huge misfits out there.

But yes, Mahomes left some plays on the field.
Kudos to the OL for battling with now two starters out.

stumppy 10-14-2018 09:41 PM

The entire offense was just off during the first half.

ThaVirus 10-14-2018 09:41 PM

I'm literally not even mad at this loss, and I'm usually inconsolable after we lose.

Pat played like garbage for like the first 28 minutes of this game and we STILL put up 40 points and STILL could have beaten the Pats in a game they didn't get called for a single ****ing penalty (bull****ingshit).

The Pats need to bring their A game to beat us. If we bring our A game for 4 quarters, we rout any team in the league not named the Rams.

eDave 10-14-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13817614)
I'm literally not even mad at this loss, and I'm usually inconsolable after we lose.

Pat played like garbage for like the first 28 minutes of this game and we STILL put up 40 points and STILL could have beaten the Pats in a game they didn't get called for a single ****ing penalty (bull****ingshit).

The Pats need to bring their A game to beat us. If we bring our A game for 4 quarters, we rout any team in the league not named the Rams.

Rams too.

RunKC 10-14-2018 09:42 PM

If Mahomes simply throws that ball away before halftime instead of an INT we get a FG.

Would have probably led to overtime.

Demonpenz 10-14-2018 09:43 PM

it wasn't the throw he missed. That God Damn INT

Abba-Dabba 10-14-2018 09:43 PM

It's part of it. But the mistakes were made early and were for the most part nullified by taking the lead. The main issue with this team is the defenses inability to hold anyone under 30. You simply can not expect your offense to pull you through time and time again. The defense HAS to make a stop from time to time. But that is not happening. Especially in crucial moments. Sutton being out schemed is the core of the problem. It has to be addressed or there will be more games like this.

keg in kc 10-14-2018 09:43 PM

The field goal to end the first half was key. The pick on their end was bad. That's about it. Everybody misses throws.

This team will lose every time if they try to 'pound the ball'. That's exactly the wrong approach with this defense, not to mention the league rules. Don't change anything with the offense. Just learn from the mistakes

Rasputin 10-14-2018 09:43 PM

I'm kinda glad to get a L to keep us hungry for the W and not get big headed and have this as a tool to learn from.

There is a lot of football left to be played.

Also we were missing the Doc and Devey was at center.

We did remarkable for having a MASH unit

Hammock Parties 10-14-2018 09:44 PM

We win that game at Arrowhead.

That's our mission.

Get the 1 seed.