ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

RustShack 10-30-2012 05:26 PM

Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters are going to be the best backcourt in the NBA soon, if not this year. Cavs just need to find them a good SF now, and maybe upgrade at C... but they can get by with Andy and Zeller.

Titty Meat 10-30-2012 05:33 PM

Lol stern ****ed up

ChiefsCountry 10-30-2012 05:43 PM

Ready to get this started. #3 for DWade and #2 for LeBron.

dirk digler 10-30-2012 06:11 PM

LET'S GET IT ON

dirk digler 10-30-2012 06:15 PM

Pierce feeling it

chiefzilla1501 10-30-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9066813)
Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters are going to be the best backcourt in the NBA soon, if not this year. Cavs just need to find them a good SF now, and maybe upgrade at C... but they can get by with Andy and Zeller.

The Cavs are really close. I think next year, they could be a serious contender. They played this situation beautifully, in that they are essentially the OKC Thunder without some of the big names. Great supporting cast for a superstar. This offseason, there is going to be a fire sale of great players being shed by teams who want to avoid the new luxury tax. And Cleveland is in by far the best cap situation to take advantage of that.

Cleveland can probably grab 2 not just quality starters, but superstars next offseason with their cap situation. You add 2 superstars to that team, and that's a scary team.

RustShack 10-30-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9066972)
The Cavs are really close. I think next year, they could be a serious contender. They played this situation beautifully, in that they are essentially the OKC Thunder without some of the big names. Great supporting cast for a superstar. This offseason, there is going to be a fire sale of great players being shed by teams who want to avoid the new luxury tax. And Cleveland is in by far the best cap situation to take advantage of that.

Cleveland can probably grab 2 not just quality starters, but superstars next offseason with their cap situation. You add 2 superstars to that team, and that's a scary team.

Cavs drafted Irving #1, and Thompson #4 last year. Waiters #4 this year, and traded up to get Zeller in the first round too(was many projected as a top ten pick). Also have a few extra first round picks coming to us from various trades(and extra 2nds too). Plus we have a shit ton of cap space.

Shits gonna get real in Cleveland!

MIAdragon 10-30-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9066972)

Dont care how much money a small market team has, they have little to no chance to land superstars in the NBA.

RustShack 10-30-2012 06:32 PM

Having Waiters is just blowing Irvings game open! Lights out! Waiters is also looking real good for his first game. Great duo.

-King- 10-30-2012 06:33 PM

Good game so far.

RustShack 10-30-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9067013)
Dont care how much money a small market team has, they have little to no chance to land superstars in the NBA.

What about the LeBron James conspiracy theory that hes going back home to Cleveland when his contract expires? There has to be a reason they've neglected the SF position!

I know it wont happen.

ohiobronco2 10-30-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9067031)
What about the LeBron James conspiracy theory that hes going back home to Cleveland when his contract expires? There has to be a reason they've neglected the SF position!

I know it wont happen.

ROFL Not a ****ing chance. I do like Kyrie's game though. I hope we can make a run at a solid center if the offseason. Andy is serviceable, but we can use a talent infusion at 3-5 frankly.

RustShack 10-30-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 (Post 9067042)
ROFL Not a ****ing chance. I do like Kyrie's game though. I hope we can make a run at a solid center if the offseason. Andy is serviceable, but we can use a talent infusion at 3-5 frankly.

I agree. I think Tristan will be a good 4, but we need a 3 real bad. I think Zeller is a serviceable 5, and Andy is serviceable at the 4/5. But better starter quality at the 5 and especially 3 is needed.

ohiobronco2 10-30-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9067013)

That really depends on if you have another superstar on your team. Kyrie is a top 5 PG right now and he's damn close (if not already) to being mentioned in the same breath as Paul and Williams.

ohiobronco2 10-30-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9067050)
I agree. I think Tristan will be a good 4, but we need a 3 real bad. I think Zeller is a serviceable 5, and Andy is serviceable at the 4/5. But better starter quality at the 5 and especially 3 is needed.

Frankly, I think Andy is traded at the deadline. He will be a solid addition for a contender. Cleveland is really close though given their cap situation and abundance of picks. I hope Sacramento does well this year so we pickup their pick.