ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: Making a Murderer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297109)

SuperChief 10-25-2018 10:43 AM

Anyone watch this yet? Zellner makes this whole season. Her and her work are fascinating to watch.

Dayze 10-25-2018 10:51 AM

one of the best episodes of IASIP, Dennis Reynolds Making a Murder.

such a great satire of the idiot nephew in the real Making a Murder Show
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BKYGkdVDqh0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lprechaun 10-31-2018 04:29 PM

Watching the second season now.
Zellner is thorough

lcarus 10-31-2018 10:48 PM

I found his new attorney's approach to the blood being planted kinda dumb. I was intrigued to think they had Avery's blood in a vial that would be easy to acquire and use as they see fit for framing. But her angle was this whole "they broke in and stole it off his sink" which is ****ing stupid. The cops plan was "Let's just hang around and wait until he bleeds, and hopefully leaves a shit ton of it on the sinktop and doesn't clean it up, then break in and steal it!" If I was a juror there's 0 chance I would even consider that.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11-01-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13860679)
I found his new attorney's approach to the blood being planted kinda dumb. I was intrigued to think they had Avery's blood in a vial that would be easy to acquire and use as they see fit for framing. But her angle was this whole "they broke in and stole it off his sink" which is ****ing stupid. The cops plan was "Let's just hang around and wait until he bleeds, and hopefully leaves a shit ton of it on the sinktop and doesn't clean it up, then break in and steal it!" If I was a juror there's 0 chance I would even consider that.

Absolutely. Season two is just kooky bullshit. They have nothing to offer here.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 11-01-2018 08:52 AM

i am finding this hard to watch - a LOT of fast-forwarding - could not give 2 shits about all the family stuff - just interested in the forensics, etc. And, yes, Zellner is really stretching some of this stuff...

ChiefBlueCFC 11-01-2018 09:00 AM

Bobby Dassey... wtf is up with that sick ****? Idk if anything will come of it, but i'm definitely interested and hooked to see what happens and wouldn't be surprised if Avery never gets out.

Not surprised with Brendan Dassey not getting out and not surprised the state of Wisconsin fought it tooth and nail to keep him in jail. Especially since if Dassey gets out, it pretty much completely unfolds for Avery as well. And if there is any truth to the police planting evidence, there is gonna be a whole shit storm.

lcarus 11-01-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 13860974)
Bobby Dassey... wtf is up with that sick ****? Idk if anything will come of it, but i'm definitely interested and hooked to see what happens and wouldn't be surprised if Avery never gets out.

Not surprised with Brendan Dassey not getting out and not surprised the state of Wisconsin fought it tooth and nail to keep him in jail. Especially since if Dassey gets out, it pretty much completely unfolds for Avery as well. And if there is any truth to the police planting evidence, there is gonna be a whole shit storm.

At this point, my thinking is that Steven Avery or someone in that circle is guilty of killing the woman AND the police planted some stuff to help guarantee a conviction. I think it's possible that he's guilty and the police are corrupt shitbags both at the same time.

But I don't know for sure. With all the time he spent in jail for another man's crime and all the millions he was almost guaranteed to get for it, if he actually murdered this woman....wow he's dumb.

InChiefsHeaven 11-01-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13860937)

Agree on the blood evidence. The most you could say is that the cops were looking for anything to plant and suddenly got lucky that there was blood available. But that seems pretty thin.

The other stuff was pretty compelling I thought. The cadaver dog trails, the "possible" human pelvic bones, the .22 bullet and it's location when found, the lack of blood or bone on the bullet, the blood splatter on the rear door gate on the car, and more stuff that I can't remember, it seems there is more to this than what the DA originally said.

BUT...this guy (Avery) would have to be the unluckiest bastard on the planet for all these stars to align and show him guilty. At the end of the day, you have a lot of circumstantial evidence without a real smoking gun to prove that the cops framed him, along with the murderer framing him, seemingly not working together but achieving that goal...It's just a little far fetched to me. But it IS interesting...I had more questions than answers at the end of the show, which I suppose is what they are going for.

And yeah, I really don't want to hear about the family stuff, talk about filler. Every time they'd go to that I was like...come on man...

InChiefsHeaven 11-01-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13861103)
At this point, my thinking is that Steven Avery or someone in that circle is guilty of killing the woman AND the police planted some stuff to help guarantee a conviction. I think it's possible that he's guilty and the police are corrupt shitbags both at the same time.

But I don't know for sure. With all the time he spent in jail for another man's crime and all the millions he was almost guaranteed to get for it, if he actually murdered this woman....wow he's dumb.

Kinda like OJ.

Mecca 11-01-2018 10:05 AM

There are a few things I don't understand when I watch this show, I think the biggest is when there are many questions about a conviction and that Dassey tape is seriously the biggest load of shit..

How can the lady who got murdered family just sit there like "yep they did it tired of all of this" I'd like to think if I was in that spot I'd use some realistic judgement.

ModSocks 11-01-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13860937)

Figured that'd be the case. That's why i haven't bothered with it yet. The story was told already. Now they're just trying to milk an unexpected hit.

lcarus 11-01-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13861154)
There are a few things I don't understand when I watch this show, I think the biggest is when there are many questions about a conviction and that Dassey tape is seriously the biggest load of shit..

How can the lady who got murdered family just sit there like "yep they did it tired of all of this" I'd like to think if I was in that spot I'd use some realistic judgement.

I always think that when I watch these kinds of shows. Especially in the cases where a person is clearly innocent. The families always seem hellbent on their conviction regardless. I also like to think I'd just want the truth above anything else.

Chief Northman 11-03-2018 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 13860974)

Pretty much this. The system would rather let Dassey/Avery rot in prison than open up the cases again to expose one of the biggest corruption cases and abuses of power in American judicial history.

I think Bobby Dassey is the killer. Not sure how Halbeck’s ex-boyfriend fits in but he seems shady too. Manitowoc never sat well with paying out millions to a bunch of hillbillies. I think they got to Bobby Dassey somehow and cut a deal with him to frame Steven and Brendan.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 11-06-2018 07:16 AM

Finished last night - FForwarded through a lot of it. I can't imagine if so many people were involved in a cover-up coupled with someone else having done the murder that SOMETHING would not have come out of some significance - if it had - the new lawyer would have found it...plus these folks are not Mensa material.