ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft NFL Excuses Run Out After Ratings Declines Continue (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311288)

jjchieffan 11-03-2017 06:31 AM

Maybe people are smarter than they think and they are seeing the league fix a Superfarce for a retiring Manning. Then they lose interest. I know that football has lost a lot of appeal for me once I realized that it wasn't a pure competition anymore.

chiefzilla1501 11-03-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH (Post 13194539)
One thing they could do is to make the games more accessible to other viewing mediums like MLB does. As the article states, more people just aren't watching TV the way they used to.

Maybe another thing to do is get rid of the announcers. I find them mostly irritating and turn down the game and turn up the music.

It's one of a million things. First, get rid of that ridiculous directv contract. If people are cutting the cord why would you force them to buy a ridiculous dish? The nfl already offers streaming but you can't get it without directv. You're absolutely right, mlb is one of the few sports with higher ratings and its because they embraced streaming.

It's another example where the nfl chose profit over popularity. When you do that for 20 years, it catches up to you. Sports are most popular when more people watch frequently. The nfl, on the other hand, has priced out many fans from the ridiculously expensive game day experience, they've priced fans out of jerseys because of licensing deals, they've cut off access to millions of viewers who'd gladly buy nfl Sunday ticket if it didn't require access to a dish.

On top of that... Injuries have made the game unbearable, way too many flags, a commissioner who would enforces rules to boost fantasy football numbers, an overdramatic personal conduct enforcement... Yeah, I find myself not loving the nfl like I used to.

PAChiefsGuy 11-03-2017 06:38 AM

Too many penalties for hard hits, ridiculous fines, constant rule changes, Thursday night games that leave teams unprepared/tired, the London games and protests have killed the NFL. It is only going to get worse until these owners learn to just leave the sport alone and stop being so greedy.

IMO it's these billionaire businessmen who probably have never played any sports in their life that are ruining this game because of their greed.

TEX 11-03-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13194582)
Too many penalties for hard hits, ridiculous fines, constant rule changes, Thursday night games that leave teams unprepared/tired, the London games and protests have killed the NFL. It is only going to get worse until these owners learn to just leave the sport alone and stop being so greedy.

IMO it's these billionaire businessmen who probably have never played any sports in their life that are ruining this game because of their greed.

Yea, I never watch the London games (I think that's such a waste) and rarely watch the Thursday games. Not a fan of even having them. It's just too much and way too soon of a turnaround for the players. I also don't watch all the games on Sunday anymore because of all the rules changes, what defines a catch, bad calls, etc.... Once the Chiefs game is done, so am I.

ChiefGator 11-03-2017 06:41 AM

Yeah, they need to change the way we can access the games. Being out of market, I almost never get Chiefs games on my home tele ( this year of course being a pretty major exception to our primetime games ). If I could select my own game to watch ( and even pay for that single game ) I would watch more each week. I have to look at that dumb NFL coverage map each week to determine which stupid games I get, and which are blacked out completely since I live in Jax, but don't give a hoot about the Jags.

ChiefGator 11-03-2017 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13194585)
Yea, I never watch the London games and rarely watch the Thursday games. It's just too much. I also don't watch all the games on Sunday anymore. Once the Chiefs game is done, so am I.

Yeah, it is also over-exposure in games that I don't care about. This is the time of year each year where I lose interest in any non-Chiefs games.. even while playing fantasy football.

notorious 11-03-2017 06:47 AM

I used to watch every game possible, now it's just Chiefs, and even then I am thinking about doing something else.

I am probably in the minority, but it's officiating for me. The game is harder and harder to watch.

Reerun_KC 11-03-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13194594)
I used to watch every game possible, now it's just Chiefs, and even then I am thinking about doing something else.

I am probably in the minority, but it's officiating for me. The game is harder and harder to watch.

I used to be the same way. Now I listen to the chiefs on nfl mobile more than watch them on tv. Easier and less time consuming.

TEX 11-03-2017 06:50 AM

Quote:

The officiating has done me in too for Sunday games. I can barely stomach it watching the Chiefs, but to see it game after game is maddening. :cuss:
So, no more.

oldman 11-03-2017 06:55 AM

Get rid of the Thursday game, period. The only time I watch that and even MNF is when the Chiefs play. Streaming isn't an option for me since my internet is capped and very expensive, but I would like to have a single game PPV option on my dish.

chiefzilla1501 11-03-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

I'm on the opposite end of the hard hits thing. The nfl hasn't don't nearly enough to stop them. I'm tired of the nfl being a gladiator battle where a few lucky teams limp into the playoffs with their starters. The number 1 thing the nfl can do is figure out how to keep the players on the damn field.

Loneiguana 11-03-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13194542)
Name one sport whose ratings didn't go down.

I don't get why people are trying to make it just the NFLs problem as if other leagues aren't seeing falling ratings.

Some uppity black men made them uncomfortable and in their temper tantrum they want to watch it all burn.

They were reminded they hate the players more then the love the game.

scho63 11-03-2017 07:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes and yes! :clap::clap:

scho63 11-03-2017 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneiguana (Post 13194607)
Some uppity black men made them uncomfortable and in their temper tantrum they want to watch it all burn.

They were reminded they hate the players more then the love the game.

Your DOTY was well earned! :facepalm:

threebag 11-03-2017 07:08 AM

"Inmates are running the prison"