ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

notorious 02-20-2012 07:18 AM

Now we get an episode where the captured kid hates everyone in the group for killing his friends, then he will have a warming up process until he reaches the point where he is a full member of the Rick and Shane Clan.

KC_Lee 02-20-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8384448)
Glad to see Herschel stepping up his game. He shot the black guy, didn't seem too bothered when the zombies ripped him apart, referred to the zombies as 'walkers', tried to get Rick to leave the kid that was stuck on the fence, then stood up to Shane at the farm.

The guy Herschel shot death was horriffic. When the walkers were eating him his cries of agony were just chilling.

While not perfect, it was a strong episode.

PhillyChiefFan 02-20-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8384850)
The guy Herschel shot death was horriffic. When the walkers were eating him his cries of agony were just chilling.

While not perfect, it was a strong episode.

Yeah, the ripping off of the nose and upper lip thing was pretty horrific.

NewChief 02-20-2012 08:47 AM

This episode is shot really dark. Maybe it's just the rip I'm watching online in a fairly low res, but I'm having hard time seeing what's going on.

KC_Lee 02-20-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8384905)
This episode is shot really dark. Maybe it's just the rip I'm watching online in a fairly low res, but I'm having hard time seeing what's going on.

Most of the episode was shot during the night so it was dark.

NewChief 02-20-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8385100)
Most of the episode was shot during the night so it was dark.

Well, yeah. But I had a hard time seeing what was going on. But, like I said, I was watching in a small viewer, during the day, in a lit office. So it might have been better in hi def on a TV.

Sure-Oz 02-20-2012 11:16 AM

Great episode...probably the best so far this season. The car wreck scene was pretty sweet

notorious 02-20-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8385195)
Great episode...probably the best so far this season. The car wreck scene was pretty sweet

This.

It was awesome to watch the zombie rip it's own face off to try and get to stupid nag bitch.

.....and am I the only person to think that stupid nag and Shane had something going well before the apocalypse?

Mi_chief_fan 02-20-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8385627)
This.

am I the only person to think that stupid nag and Shane had something going well before the apocalypse?

Then why did she so strongly reject him at the CDC?

kcfanXIII 02-20-2012 01:58 PM

they should change the name of this show to "how to die in a zombie apocalypse." i watched the first season, and if this was a real zombie attack, none of them would have survived.

NewChief 02-20-2012 02:01 PM

Why all the hate for Lori? Her idiocy in the car was annoying for sure. At the end of this episode, though, she started coming into her own, imo. She's convincing Rick that Shane has to go and manipulating him pretty handily at that. As a fellow English teacher friend of mine said, "Didn't Lori remind you of Lady Macbeth there at the end of that episode?"

siberian khatru 02-20-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8385772)
As a fellow English teacher friend of mine said, "Didn't Lori remind you of Lady Macbeth there at the end of that episode?"

Said the same thing to my son last night as we watched.

duncan_idaho 02-20-2012 03:42 PM

I really hope they have the guts to
Spoiler!

Nzoner 02-20-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8386105)
Spoiler!

Never read the comics but that would be awesome if they do.

NewChief 02-20-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8386105)
Spoiler!

That's what I keep saying as well. They've done a really good job of building such a conclusion up to be really meaningful if they do. They've teased out those relationships much longer than they did in the comics, so an end like that would be pretty impactful.