ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

KcMizzou 10-19-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5133589)
Just saw Sunshine, interesting movie, intense at times.

I liked Sunshine, for the most part. Say, 7.5/10.

Tough to find a decent Sci-Fi flick these days though.

Sure-Oz 10-19-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5133661)

The end was pretty crazy esp with that "guy"...took me a min to figure out wtf was going on

KCChiefsMan 10-19-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5133426)
I am Legend is on HBO now. Is it any good?

if you loved the book, you'll hate the movie. It doesn't even remotely follow the book at all. I was extremely disappointed because it's a damn good book and they should be banned from movie making for coming out with that pile of crap.

irishjayhawk 10-19-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5133688)
The end was pretty crazy esp with that "guy"...took me a min to figure out wtf was going on

I actually screened the film for my theatre when we got it. The guy who built it up and I were watching it late at night and we were a bit spooked when the random flashes started appearing. We thought we spliced something wrong.

Overall, it was a movie that grew on me afterwards. I was like WTF but at the same time, didn't hate it.

ragedogg69 10-20-2008 08:06 AM

Honestly, I think I would of liked Sunshine better if it wasnt for "that guy" and was purely a Sci Fi flick instead of Horror blend.

Instead it was just okay for me. I had to look on wiki to see what hell was going on with the plot after I saw it.

Sure-Oz 10-20-2008 08:55 AM

Yeah the flashes of the face was a bit freaky and i think the guy part was wack....a little strange, it may have been better without him imo

DeepPurple 10-20-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

I liked Sunshine, for the most part. Say, 7.5/10. Tough to find a decent Sci-Fi flick these days though.

First time I saw "Sunshine" was on DVD with my amp and speakers cranked, the sound alone made the film. Recently I saw it again on one of the movie channels with just the TV speakers, it made a big difference but I still enjoyed it.

Besides Sunshine, I liked both The Descent and Cloverfield. I haven't seen Quarantine but I did see the original Spanish version titled REC, it's pretty good. It free on YouTube, comes in 9 ten minute parts with the English subtitles. The Descent is about the group of woman that go cave climbing in the south, kind of like a modern Deliverance.

I plan on renting "The Strangers" tomorrow, the reviews have been OK. I haven't found much to rent the last couple of months. My last few rentals have been Smart People, the Bank Job, Sex and the City, Leatherheads and Vantage Point. Nothing great in the bunch.

noa 10-20-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 5135573)
The Descent is about the group of woman that go cave climbing in the south, kind of like a modern Deliverance.

I love The Descent. I saw it in the theater with a bunch of people screaming at the top of their lungs. First, it gets you with the claustrophobia, which is intense, and then the crap really hits the fan.

Otter 10-20-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5133159)
The Brave One - Horrendous. Stupid. Pointless. Predictable.

Layer Cake - I liked it a lot. It does, however, prove that heist flicks following LC are cookie cut.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Pretty good. I liked the movie even if it was a bit odd in parts.

Smokin' Aces - Meh.

Ya know, I must have recommended Smokin' Aces to 5 people and not one of them liked it either. Weird. I'm usually pretty good with these types of movies and I loved absolutely loved it.

Glad you liked the others though. Layer Cakes is definitely a keeper.

ragedogg69 10-20-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 5135879)
I love The Descent. I saw it in the theater with a bunch of people screaming at the top of their lungs. First, it gets you with the claustrophobia, which is intense, and then the crap really hits the fan.

I loved the Descent. My favorite horror movie of the last few years. I can still freak my girlfriend when I make clicking noises. LOL

Buehler445 10-20-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 5136191)
Ya know, I must have recommended Smokin' Aces to 5 people and not one of them liked it either. Weird. I'm usually pretty good with these types of movies and I loved absolutely loved it.

Glad you liked the others though. Layer Cakes is definitely a keeper.

Hey, I liked Smokin Aces. I didn't see the ending coming, but maybe I'm a dumbass.

DJJasonp 10-20-2008 10:56 PM

Just saw the Happening....

I think two girls, one cup had more artistic value........

M Night has bottomed out.....what a horrible movie.

Decent concept....no twist...horrible acting....TONS of major plot holes.

DaneMcCloud 10-20-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5137046)
Hey, I liked Smokin Aces. I didn't see the ending coming, but maybe I'm a dumbass.

Horrible Third Act.

The setup was so cool, then BLAH.

irishjayhawk 10-24-2008 08:45 PM

Smart People - I liked what they were going for but too depressing.

It did leave me craving some Thomas Hayden Church. And I did like the message even if it's worn.

schneider221 10-24-2008 10:34 PM

Finally saw some movies this weekend.

Incredible Hulk - very good. equal or just slightly below iron man

Walk Hard: Dewey Cox Story - Loved it. stupid but thought it was hilarious. Best part was the take on the Beatles.

The Heartbreak Kid - Thought it was funny. Pretty solid movie.

Night at the Museum - Knew it was going to be bad and expected to turn it off. I think it was bad but strangely enjoyed it.

I should add a movie must really really suck for me to not like it so my take is normally pretty optimistic.