ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Welp. Looks like we need a RB. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319187)

UChieffyBugger 12-08-2018 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 13942596)
If the Chiefs are picking 32, and they have to choose between a CB or a DL who everyone agrees is late first round talent, and a clone of Saquon Barkley, I'd much rather they chose the DL/CB than Saquon at 32.

On average, it does seem like the first round running backs do perform slightly better, but for the production/increase of win chance you get from a "stud" RB just isn't worth the resource of a 1st round pick, especially not for the Chiefs next year.

If it's between an average defender and a potential stud rb then honestly i'm taking the rb. The chance to get a Barkley type talent won't be there for us often so you have to strike when you have a chance.

Anyway guys, the more i look at the rb options, the more impressive Kansas States Alex Barnes is looking. He's 6'1, well built and has decent speed. He can carry the ball and is decent catching it too. Saw an interview where he spoke about working hard on developing his route tree. I really think he may be the one for kc. Lord knows they must have seen him a ton already with him being a local kid.

Chris Meck 12-08-2018 01:34 PM

without Hunt, we're still a top offense. Should we look to re-stock the position? Of course.

This defense is SHIT. It's likely going to cost us a Lombardi this year. Let's not make that mistake next year.

High picks and FA money needs to go on that side of the ball.

kccrow 12-08-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 13943089)
without Hunt, we're still a top offense. Should we look to re-stock the position? Of course.

This defense is SHIT. It's likely going to cost us a Lombardi this year. Let's not make that mistake next year.

High picks and FA money needs to go on that side of the ball.

There are only a select few players on the defensive side of the ball worth throwing a wad of cash at in free agency and, unfortunately, most of them play positions we have hefty contracts at already or our own free agents as worthy of re-signing. I think FA Money is going to be best spent on mid-tier offensive players and some defensive reclamation projects. I'm pretty much of the opinion that the top 3 picks in the draft need to be used to re-tool the defense and use the rest on whatever you want.

O.city 12-08-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13943133)
There are only a select few players on the defensive side of the ball worth throwing a wad of cash at in free agency and, unfortunately, most of them play positions we have hefty contracts at already or our own free agents as worthy of re-signing. I think FA Money is going to be best spent on mid-tier offensive players and some defensive reclamation projects. I'm pretty much of the opinion that the top 3 picks in the draft need to be used to re-tool the defense and use the rest on whatever you want.

Yep

They need depth from free agency. Hit on some mid tier cheaper guys, draft or trade for your big names

pugsnotdrugs19 12-08-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13943133)

The S position has some pretty decent FA options. Might be the way to go there.

kccrow 12-08-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13943210)
The S position has some pretty decent FA options. Might be the way to go there.

Perhaps.

I think you immediately cross Landon Collins off the list. The Giants won't let him go, especially for free. They'll tag him at worst and they have enough cap to absorb it. He's the best safety in the NFL.

Let's move on to Tyrann Mathieu. Grossly overrated but has a leadership quality to him that the Texans love. He's the 3rd best safety on that team but something tells me they'll let Kareem Jackson walk and work hard to re-sign Mathieu. Honestly, I'd probably pass on bringing him in if available.

Now onto Earl Thomas... Easily the most likely to sign in KC and easily the one that will be available. After his **** you gesture to the team and coaches, there's no way Seattle even attempts to re-sign him. He'd be a good get but he's going to be 30 and he has two broken legs in 3 years. I'm cautious and he's going to command over $10m per.

So we get to Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix. Obviously, the Redskins are going to try their asses off to re-sign him. He's played well for them and they traded for him. I don't think he hits the market.

Now we have Lamarcus Joyner. Joyner has been a key piece of the Rams defense for several years now and they thought so well of him that they put the franchise tag on him. I'm thinking they waited to sign Joyner long-term because of the Aaron Donald situation. That said, Joyner's play has regressed severely this season and that puts his status in question. I don't think he's a schematic fit in KC, especially given his struggles playing single-high this year the way KC plays it, and would likely pass regardless of whatever happens.

We have Tre Boston, whom I like alot. I think he fits the age/price/production criteria that I'd look for. Arizona thinks quite a bit of him though too and I think they'll try to keep him in town. I'd have to think Boston is looking to settle in somewhere as well, having jumped around a few times already in his career. I have a hard time seeing Arizona letting him walk but if they do then KC should see what he's asking.

You also have Adrian Amos who is a very solid SS but he's not amazing in coverage. I think it depends on your plans for Berry on whether or not you look at this kid. Even then, I think Chicago is going to work to re-sign him and he doesn't hit the market.

That, pretty much, leaves Eric Reid as the last of a tier. Now, Reid is talented and he would likely fit but he's not someone I see KC pursuing. He's extremely positioned with the whole protest movement and whatnot as well as being vocal and even confrontational about it (see the Malcolm Jenkins ordeal). Clark Hunt isn't signing off on that in this locker room so take him straight off the list.

SAGA45 12-09-2018 07:52 AM

This is my guy...Elijah Holyfield

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0pc9jzAh2pI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ntexascardfan 12-09-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 13944116)
This is my guy...Elijah Holyfield

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0pc9jzAh2pI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's my man right there. If we can snag him on day two I think he's a bargain.

He doesn't have a lot of wear on him at the college level and plays a similar style to kareem.

RealSNR 12-09-2018 06:37 PM

My biggest concern right now is that Darrel Williams is the only RB on the team who is currently on a contract for 2019.

Yeah, some re-signings are in order, but if things go south, or some team signs Ware or Damien Williams for more money, we're really in a pickle.

I'd kind of like to see Darrel Williams have one or two carries coming up here so we can at least get some awesome training camp hype going about him.

It's not necessarily the quality of our options. It's the fact that we need so many to round out a corps for next year's team.

UChieffyBugger 12-09-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 13947243)
That's my man right there. If we can snag him on day two I think he's a bargain.

He doesn't have a lot of wear on him at the college level and plays a similar style to kareem.

So you think he's the REAL DEAL? :D

UChieffyBugger 12-09-2018 06:59 PM

It really is gonna be interesting to see how this RB class turns out, especially as many draft geeks seem to believe that's it's a weak class. I personally believe there's plenty of gems to be had here, it's just a matter of picking the best fit. Rodney Anderson, Bryce Love, Damien Harris, David Montgomery, Darrell Henderson, Alex Barnes, Devin Singletary, Benny Snell etc, at least four or five of them should be available to us In the third round I think.

RealSNR 12-10-2018 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13948040)
It really is gonna be interesting to see how this RB class turns out, especially as many draft geeks seem to believe that's it's a weak class. I personally believe there's plenty of gems to be had here, it's just a matter of picking the best fit. Rodney Anderson, Bryce Love, Damien Harris, David Montgomery, Darrell Henderson, Alex Barnes, Devin Singletary, Benny Snell etc, at least four or five of them should be available to us In the third round I think.

Sure.

Just as long as we don't spend a 1st round pick on any of them like you're suggesting.

UChieffyBugger 12-11-2018 06:15 PM

The question I'm asking myself is what kind of RB will they be after? Someone who is similar to Kareem i.e a tough runner who can break tackles and also catch the ball out of the backfield? Or do they look for a slightly faster guy who can run tough but also run routes like a receiver i.e like Gordon or Kamara? I personally hope that they go for the latter as it would bring a new dimension to this attack imo. I mean teams are already in hell trying to cover Hill, Watkins and Kelce, could you imagine if we had a Kamara type who ran routes too? Would be bonkers.

Out of the RB's In the current draft who can do that, Rodney Anderson and Alex Barnes might be the best bets. Darrell Henderson at a stretch too.

Great Expectations 12-12-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13933321)
I'd get back to looking for what we were looking for the last time we were RB shopping and ended up with Hunt.

Gimme an underutilized guy with some wiggle, good first step and a stout frame. At the time I was heavy on the Kamara bandwagon and now I think I like Jordan Scarlett the most out of the current crop.

The character issues are the trouble here. He might just be a shithead and if so that won't fly. If not, Rodney Anderson from OU is talented as hell but the knee injury is worrisome (pretty sure he has another major injury in the last year or two as well).

Higdon out of Michigan might be a 3rd day find. Weber from Ohio State maybe goes before I'd want him. I like Jacobs from 'Bama but he may just stay in to boost his stock presuming he'd start next year. If not, there's some serious talent there. There's a small school kid name Hills out of Slippery Rock; he'll be a SPARQ champion, IMO. It's hard to grade a kids vision with that kind of competition, though. If he doesn't have any, he'll end up one of those Knile Davis, big, fast and shitty types.

It's not a good year to need a RB, IMO. Fortunately the depth of the last 2 classes may keep demand down but I don't see a lot of heavy hitters here and the mid-late round choices are going to be crapshoots and complementary backs.

Rodney Anderson has the skill set to dominate in our offense. He is a fantastic receiver. He broke his leg early in his frosh year vs Tenn, had a serious neck injury in fall camp the following year, and then this year tore his ACL. None of the injuries would affect his performance next year, but the track record isn’t good, but if he is available in the 4th or 5th I think we have to grab him because the upside is so big.

I really like Devin Singletary and Justice Hill. I’m guessing that Darrell Henderson will be a drafted late first early second. I think we can find a talented guy in the 3rd or 4th again. Juwan Washington would be interesting if he declares.

DJ's left nut 12-12-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 13954177)
Rodney Anderson has the skill set to dominate in our offense. He is a fantastic receiver. He broke his leg early in his frosh year vs Tenn, had a serious neck injury in fall camp the following year, and then this year tore his ACL. None of the injuries would affect his performance next year, but the track record isn’t good, but if he is available in the 4th or 5th I think we have to grab him because the upside is so big.

I really like Devin Singletary and Justice Hill. I’m guessing that Darrell Henderson will be a drafted late first early second. I think we can find a talented guy in the 3rd or 4th again. Juwan Washington would be interesting if he declares.

Love Anderson's skill-set but A) Hand-waiving an ACL seems odd and b) the whole track record is just shockingly bad.

Let's be honest, the neck injury alone will take him off a lot of draft boards outright. And injuries don't go down once you start facing larger, faster men in the pros.

A RB is a 3-4 year position at this point so if I thought I could get 3 years out of him before his legs literally detached from his body, I'd be on board with a 3rd day pick. I just don't know that you can bank on that. He has one of the worst injury histories you'll ever see.

UChieffyBugger 12-12-2018 06:42 PM

I asked this question before but what do yall think about Alex Barnes from K-state? To me he looks just as talented as the likes of Anderson but with no serious injury history.

kccrow 12-12-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13954654)
I asked this question before but what do yall think about Alex Barnes from K-state? To me he looks just as talented as the likes of Anderson but with no serious injury history.

Not in my opinion. Don't care for him much. Not enough lateral agility. Not good enough vision. Stops his leg drive on contact. Meh. Reminds me alot of Ryan Mathews. When things are opened up for him, he's going to do really well. When they aren't opened up, he's going to struggle and run into his own blockers.

gonefishin53 12-12-2018 09:21 PM

Lamical Perine, junior RB for Florida Gators. About the same size and skill set as K. Hunt with a little more speed. He's in a RB by committee setup but he averages 4.9 yd/rush on 355 attempts and 13.9 yd/catch on 28 receptions for his career. It's only two plays, but he shows some K. Hunt vision and playmaking ability. Currently rated 3-5 round pick by Walter Football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQLjC5tMHfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDeuYkB5E24

Great Expectations 12-13-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 13954891)
Lamical Perine, junior RB for Florida Gators. About the same size and skill set as K. Hunt with a little more speed. He's in a RB by committee setup but he averages 4.9 yd/rush on 355 attempts and 13.9 yd/catch on 28 receptions for his career. It's only two plays, but he shows some K. Hunt vision and playmaking ability. Currently rated 3-5 round pick by Walter Football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQLjC5tMHfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDeuYkB5E24

His cousin looks better and is struggling to get playing time in Washington.

Pitt Gorilla 12-13-2018 02:13 PM

Find the next Phillip Lindsay. Anyone know why we didn't take a flyer on him?

Chris Meck 12-13-2018 02:29 PM

mid round guy with a skill set that fits what we do.

O.city 12-17-2018 01:25 PM

Devin Singletary FAU aka Alvin Kamara 2.0

Karlos 12-17-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13941811)
It makes no sense whatsoever to take a RB earlier than rd 3 in today's game.

Stupid.

Well, that's not necessarily true. Look at EE or Barkley. They are worth every bit of their draft position and were both taken very high.

I agree for us it would make zero sense to take a running back in the first 2 rounds (even with our extra pick in the 2nd) given our needs elsewhere.

Fortunately for us we could have a game changing running back fall into our laps in the 3rd or 4th rounds though. Rodney Anderson would fit out our offence well and could be the best RB in the draft, but of course he has massive injury concerns that could completely derail his career. Given the hole Hunt left in our offence I'd rather us swing for the fences with someone like Anderson rather than play it safer with someone else.

Great Expectations 12-22-2018 01:45 PM

I’d be all about Singletary if we could get him with the last pick in the second round.

I also like Anderson with a 5th or 6th round choice. He could be a game changer when healthy. He played all of ‘17...

duncan_idaho 12-27-2018 10:14 PM

Vaughn having a huge bowl game.

Really like his speed and pass-catching ability.

Buehler445 12-27-2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13990353)
Vaughn having a huge bowl game.

Really like his speed and pass-catching ability.

It's Baylor though. I think you and I could start on defense.

He runs kind of upright, but yeah, he looks like he could make some noise in the league. I'm pretty impressed with Vandy's center. Again, Baylor, but he looks quick out of the snap. No idea where he's at on the strength side, but he looks pretty salty.

Great Expectations 12-27-2018 10:36 PM

Ebner looks good too, but I think he is a true sophomore.

duncan_idaho 12-27-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13990364)
It's Baylor though. I think you and I could start on defense.

He runs kind of upright, but yeah, he looks like he could make some noise in the league. I'm pretty impressed with Vandy's center. Again, Baylor, but he looks quick out of the snap. No idea where he's at on the strength side, but he looks pretty salty.

Yeah, but he performed well in SEC play, too. Averaged over 8 ypc against UGA, Florida and Notre Dame.

Buehler445 12-27-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13990458)
Yeah, but he performed well in SEC play, too. Averaged over 8 ypc against UGA, Florida and Notre Dame.

Yeah. He looks good.

Any idea where he’s going to be drafted?

duncan_idaho 12-28-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13990497)
Yeah. He looks good.

Any idea where he’s going to be drafted?

I had seen 3rd-5th. May increase his stock a bit. He has good size and breakaway speed. He’ll test well at the Combine.

Buehler445 12-28-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13990785)
I had seen 3rd-5th. May increase his stock a bit. He has good size and breakaway speed. He’ll test well at the Combine.

I’d be thrilled if he went there.

fairladyZ 12-29-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13937814)
Excellent. Forgot all about him. Definitely in the top 5 guys at the position if he declares.

Well he declared. If he's there in the 3rd he's worth a shot.

UChieffyBugger 12-29-2018 05:27 PM

So what about this Dexter Williams kid? Any good?

duncan_idaho 12-30-2018 07:39 AM

I really like Josh Jacobs a ton. If he’s there 3rd round or later I’d love to see them pull the trigger.

RunKC 12-31-2018 01:37 PM

Matt Miller mocked Josh Jacobs to us in the first rd today. FFS

I will say that I 100% expect Andy to use one of those 2nd rd picks on a new toy for his offense.

kccrow 12-31-2018 07:05 PM

Just say no to Alabama RBs. No. No. NoOoOoOo.

duncan_idaho 12-31-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14000067)
Just say no to Alabama RBs. No. No. NoOoOoOo.

Jacobs is not a traditional Alabama RB.

But if he’s a first round guy, nope. Can’t afford to spend pick 32 on offense.

iSavedLatin 01-06-2019 10:35 PM

Alexander Mattison out of Boise State looks a lot like Hunt to me. He runs hard through contact and seems to have a higher top end in the open field than Hunt. He is a compact runner with good balance. I really like his game.

Iowanian 01-07-2019 01:19 PM

David Montgomery from isu declared today.

Yes please.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-07-2019 02:54 PM

I guess Crockett from Mizzou declared. He's got good size and decent speed, but he has a hard time staying healthy and his production has dropped every year despite the OL actually improving from Year 1 to 2 to 3. I don't think he gets drafted.

duncan_idaho 01-07-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 14015630)

Yes please.

I don’t know much about him, but this thread seems high on him.

How are his receiving skills and speed?

Toad 01-07-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Yes please.

Yep. 1200 yards and 13 TDS.
According to Pro Football Focus, Montgomery led the FBS in broken tackles in back-to-back season.

Is he on the board for our round 2?

Iowanian 01-07-2019 04:02 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A_H_PDTV2u8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He had 71 Receptions, averaged 8.2ypc. 1216 yards rushing this year averaging 4.7 and 13TDs.

I doubt he's a first round guy....but he runs really hard. I'm not a cyclone fan but I feel like Montgomery like I did David Johnson when he was at UNI.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-conner-floor/
CBS draft projection has his floor at James Connor....his Ceiling at Saquan Barkley.

duncan_idaho 01-07-2019 05:49 PM

Montgomery has good balance and leg drive. I get the Hunt comparisons. Still like Vaughn and Jacobs better, but it all comes down to position for me. No earlier than the 2nd and preferably 3rd or 4th round is best, IMO.

Hoover 01-07-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 14016047)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A_H_PDTV2u8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He had 71 Receptions, averaged 8.2ypc. 1216 yards rushing this year averaging 4.7 and 13TDs.

I doubt he's a first round guy....but he runs really hard. I'm not a cyclone fan but I feel like Montgomery like I did David Johnson when he was at UNI.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-conner-floor/
CBS draft projection has his floor at James Connor....his Ceiling at Saquan Barkley.

Would be poetic

Matt Campbell coached Hunt at Toledo before heading to Iowa State.

mlyonsd 01-07-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Yes please.

X2. This coming from a hawk fan.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-07-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13926457)
I like Montgomery and Snell a lot.

This, and I'm a Hawk fan. Both looked really good in their bowl games.

duncan_idaho 01-07-2019 09:26 PM

Welp. Looks like we need a RB.

Vaughn highlights:

https://youtu.be/ms2P-ZbZtOc

I love the breakaway speed, quickness and vision. He catches the ball well, too.

Mecca 01-08-2019 11:41 AM

You know who'd be good in this offense...Travis Etienne, to bad he's a sophomore.

Shoes 01-08-2019 01:45 PM

Matt Miller from Bleacher Report has David Montgomery as his #1 rated RB. Interesting enough WalterFootball.com has Montgomery listed as the #20 RB. Still a little early to put much stock into these rankings but I am also intrigued to see where Montgomery lands in mock drafts closer to draft day.

If I had to guess today Chiefs probably take a stab at a RB in a similar round as they did with Hunt, 3rd-5th round depending on how much they love the player.

DJ's left nut 01-08-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14017918)
You know who'd be good in this offense...Travis Etienne, to bad he's a sophomore.

Just write "Justyn Ross, WR - Clemson" on the card and see what happens.

I mean, probably nothing good, but maybe the league will just miss it. Sure, we'll have to wait a couple of years to get him but that worked out okay for the Celtics when they took Larry Bird...

GloucesterChief 01-12-2019 04:25 PM

James Williams from Wazzu would be an interesting UDFA pickup. Excellent hands and routes. Good blocker. Not the fastest or most elusive though.

ArrowheadMagic 01-13-2019 11:32 PM

Darrell Henderson from Memphis, tough runner and good hands. On film looks a lot like Hunt.

O.city 01-14-2019 09:33 AM

Damien has been awesome, I think Ware is really underrated and I like Darrell Williams.

I think they need to look at someone that is a RB but can play a lot of WR as well.

kccrow 01-14-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14036930)
Damien has been awesome, I think Ware is really underrated and I like Darrell Williams.

I think they need to look at someone that is a RB but can play a lot of WR as well.

Ware being a free agent and Darrell not really showing legit production is a significant concern in my mind. The Chiefs need to get a RB in here. That could be a free agent, a late round pick, a UDFA, whatever, but they can't sit idle.

DJ's left nut 01-14-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14036930)

Damien being a viable starter makes me really intrigued by Rodney Anderson.

If I need Rodney Anderson to take 250 touches, I'm not getting anywhere near him. But if I can draft Anderson with a 3rd day pick and give him 10 touches/gm to try to keep him healthy....hoooooboy, I'd be hard pressed to ignore the talent at that point.

Rodney Anderson may be the most talented RB in the draft but that health history is just horrifying. If you can take him late and not NEED him...that may just be the perfect situation for him.

The Franchise 01-14-2019 05:03 PM

The choice is ****ing obvious.

Dexter Williams from Notre Dame.

Damien Williams
Dexter Williams
Darrel Williams

O.city 01-14-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14038588)

If I need Rodney Anderson to take 250 touches, I'm not getting anywhere near him. But if I can draft Anderson with a 3rd day pick and give him 10 touches/gm to try to keep him healthy....hoooooboy, I'd be hard pressed to ignore the talent at that point.

Rodney Anderson may be the most talented RB in the draft but that health history is just horrifying. If you can take him late and not NEED him...that may just be the perfect situation for him.

Possibly.

Shit how awesome would Kamara be right now? Damn Hunt.

kccrow 01-14-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14038601)

Damien Williams
Dexter Williams
Darrel Williams

LOL. Touche`

Skyy God 01-14-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14038532)
Ware being a free agent and Darrell not really showing legit production is a significant concern in my mind. The Chiefs need to get a RB in here. That could be a free agent, a late round pick, a UDFA, whatever, but they can't sit idle.

This.

They need next year’s Damien Williams and a draft pick. RB corps is pretty spare.

kccrow 01-14-2019 07:39 PM

I think T.J. Yeldon would be a really nice #2 RB in this offense as a FA guy. Good receiver and solid runner. Not sure if he'll be looking to be a #1.

Also really like Tevin Coleman but he'll be looking to be a #1 for sure I'd think.

UChieffyBugger 01-15-2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14038588)

I agree about Anderson, he's an absolute stud when healthy and could really flourish in this offense imo. Gurley got an acl before he was drafted but has been ok as a pro so hopefully the kid can have a better injury record once he turns pro. Not sure he'll last beyond the third round so I'd be inclined to take him with our third tbh.

O.city 01-15-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14039116)
I think T.J. Yeldon would be a really nice #2 RB in this offense as a FA guy. Good receiver and solid runner. Not sure if he'll be looking to be a #1.

Also really like Tevin Coleman but he'll be looking to be a #1 for sure I'd think.

I like Yeldon. I don't think he's ever going to be a star, but at RB, health and just being good are perfectly fine.

I think they really need someone that can catch it and be dynamic that way.

Frosty 01-24-2019 03:46 PM

I was pretty impressed with Wes hills in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl last weekend. He was blasting through the holes and looked like he has good vision and decent speed. The announcers were comparing him to Robert Smith.

Apparently he got a Senior Bowl invite so it will be interesting to see if he keeps it up against better competition.

duncan_idaho 01-25-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 14069957)
I was pretty impressed with Wes hills in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl last weekend. He was blasting through the holes and looked like he has good vision and decent speed. The announcers were comparing him to Robert Smith.

Apparently he got a Senior Bowl invite so it will be interesting to see if he keeps it up against better competition.

Have read some interesting things about him.

I want a guy with some explosiveness in “phone booth” situations, who has quick acceleration. Not sure if that’s Hills.

RustShack 01-29-2019 07:42 PM

I’d love to get David Montgomery, but he will likely be gone by the time we draft a RB. First few picks at least should go to defense.

The year he busted into the college scene his HC said he was a more talented version of Kareem Hunt, who he also coached in college. Happened to be Kareem’s rookie year when he also busted out.

O.city 01-30-2019 11:27 AM

Devin Singletary.

Would take him.

ChiefAshhole1056 01-30-2019 12:50 PM

Darrel Henderson our of Memphis has intrigued me. Short but not small with strong explosion and has shown a very solid vision/balance combo that this team misses from Hunt. Reminds me a lot of Devonta Freeman and I think he’d fit well with what we have with Williams.

ChiefAshhole1056 01-30-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14081172)
Devin Singletary.

Would take him.

Im a fan of Singletary, very Shady-esque and Andy has shown that he likes the scatback types that can be productive. I’m just hesitant to think he’d be the pick with Williams essentially already solidified himself in that role.

Chris Meck 01-30-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14038601)

Damien Williams
Dexter Williams
Darrel Williams

and then we'll get that FA TE, what's his name...Zach Williams? we'll line them all up and the defense will just fall down at the snap in confusion.

Chris Meck 01-30-2019 01:06 PM

If you want to get a head start on a new Chiefs RB, look for a small school kid, DV. II maybe, that is a workhorse, decent receiver, lots of yards after contact.

He'll be a 6th or 7th rounder, or an UDFA.

Everything else is not happening. We have holes to fill, holes in which we have NO starter, we're not spending serious capital on a spot where we have 4 guys we could line up.

Chargem 01-30-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14081476)
If you want to get a head start on a new Chiefs RB, look for a small school kid, DV. II maybe, that is a workhorse, decent receiver, lots of yards after contact.

Everything else is not happening. We have holes to fill, holes in which we have NO starter, we're not spending serious capital on a spot where we have 4 guys we could line up.

But you didn't mention that he reminds you of Kareem Hunt.

I thought this thread was just about naming running backs and saying they have a little Kareem Hunt about them.

GloryDayz 01-30-2019 10:29 PM

Looks like we could buy him back... LMAO

Chris Meck 01-31-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14081899)
But you didn't mention that he reminds you of Kareem Hunt.

I thought this thread was just about naming running backs and saying they have a little Kareem Hunt about them.

I know, right?

It's funny, but there's a definite psychological theme in which planet posters just miss a guy they liked and see him everywhere they look. Or the lack of him, the space in which he used to live...

it's sweet, really. Bunch of softies.

UChieffyBugger 01-31-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14081476)

Lol you still stuck on the fo not taking a rb eatly? :D we'll see. I still believe they will be drafting a new one with the 3rd or 5th round pick.

Chris Meck 01-31-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14082820)
Lol you still stuck on the fo not taking a rb eatly? :D we'll see. I still believe they will be drafting a new one with the 3rd or 5th round pick.

You still stuck on that they will, despite giving Williams an extension and how well he played?

You're right, we will see. :D

UChieffyBugger 01-31-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14082900)
You still stuck on that they will, despite giving Williams an extension and how well he played?

You're right, we will see. :D

Yes, because Williams is obviously on Todd Gurley money, right? ROFL

htismaqe 01-31-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14083161)
Yes, because Williams is obviously on Todd Gurley money, right? ROFL

He's on starter money. They're committed to him.

Mecca 01-31-2019 01:11 PM

We should just sign Tevin Coleman.

UChieffyBugger 01-31-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14083287)
He's on starter money. They're committed to him.

Mark Ingram was on starter money too, Saints still drafted Kamara and also had Peterson on the roster as well. Damien Williams is decent and should be part of a rotation with a young stud RB imo. Copying NO with the one-two punch they have would take our offense to a different level as having a dangerous run game would mean hell for the opposition because they really couldn't defend us no matter what they do. We've got to learn from the two first halves against the Pats, those were the only reasons why we lost both times.