ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Mad Men (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231096)

Miles 07-29-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6906651)
I guess that's where we differ: He's ALWAYS been that guy.

Once he realized that his personal life was invading his professional space, he snapped back "into place" and became the calm, cool, electrifying Don Draper we all know.

I think it would have been FAR more interesting if the Korean Vet that interviewed him actually knew a "Don Draper", instead of what occurred.

For the first time ever in this series, I feel that Weiner dropped the ball. He may redeem himself down the line with an episode that ties into this one in a big way, but it still felt like an "introductory" episode to me.

He has never really been the guy he shifted to. Never remotely shared anything publicly. He will always be the same but the shift was to him manufacturing the big swinging dick personality the firm needs.

Reaper16 07-30-2010 01:47 AM

WTF is Dane talking about? Do we even watch the same shows?

Red Brooklyn 07-30-2010 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6906541)
What browser are you using?

If you see a word underlined in red after typing, right click on the word, then select the correct spelling.

It's not "forum dependent", it's "browser dependent".

Thanks, man. I usually posting at work so there are a lot of restrictions that require admin approval. I'll hook it up on my home PC though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6906557)
No, he was spelling it correctly. He meant her performance filled him with awe. And he thinks movies with babies are awwful.

:clap:

I need to start watching this show...

Baby Lee 07-30-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6906651)
I guess that's where we differ: He's ALWAYS been that guy.

Once he realized that his personal life was invading his professional space, he snapped back "into place" and became the calm, cool, electrifying Don Draper we all know.

I think it would have been FAR more interesting if the Korean Vet that interviewed him actually knew a "Don Draper", instead of what occurred.

For the first time ever in this series, I feel that Weiner dropped the ball. He may redeem himself down the line with an episode that ties into this one in a big way, but it still felt like an "introductory" episode to me.

Absolutely not. Don changed from the guy whose 'story' is private and irrelevant, because he was the employee who came up with the brilliant pitches, to the face of the organization.
He didn't want to pitch a story for himself in part because it's manufactured, and in part because he loathes parts of what makes him tick.
He thought he could be the face without a backstory, but when it cost them business, he realized the face has to have a story.

Demonpenz 07-30-2010 09:19 AM

Don Draper Scarface arrrrrg

DaneMcCloud 07-30-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6906914)
Absolutely not. Don changed from the guy whose 'story' is private and irrelevant, because he was the employee who came up with the brilliant pitches, to the face of the organization.
He didn't want to pitch a story for himself in part because it's manufactured, and in part because he loathes parts of what makes him tick.
He thought he could be the face without a backstory, but when it cost them business, he realized the face has to have a story.

I get that but it's still not "him", as in the real him, Dick Whitman

It's Don Draper, the fabrication.

That's what I found interesting about the opening line: "Who is Don Draper?". It has a double-edged meaning.

I'm glad you all enjoyed, I was just expecting more.

Silock 07-30-2010 10:31 AM

I liked it. There's now a 3rd layer to Don Draper. Dick the pussy, Don the cool, collected, and Don the Don Juan.

Silock 08-01-2010 10:51 PM

Is Glenn the creepiest kid ever?

Miles 08-01-2010 11:55 PM

Didn't realize that Glenn is played by Matthew Weiner's kid.

OnTheWarpath15 08-02-2010 05:29 PM

http://img231.imageshack.us/f/madmen...vxvidn2otv.gif

mikeyis4dcats. 08-03-2010 07:04 AM

man I love this show. May be the best thing on television at the moment.

DaneMcCloud 08-03-2010 11:08 AM

I guess my expectations for season four were way too high because I'm bored with the direction of the show.

Reaper16 08-08-2010 10:03 PM

This show is sooooo ****ing good.

SLAG 08-09-2010 01:03 AM

yes another solid episode tonight -

Tonight we saw the Real Dick Whitman

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2010 09:38 PM

Okay, I REALLY liked last night's episode.

The writers really touched a nerve last night with both Dick hitting on the young girl and the fate of Anna. For the first time this year, it felt like the story was moving forward. It was a very, very good episode all around.

Although, I hope they don't go all cliche with Joan and her doctor husband heading to Vietnam (he's killed, she's devastated for a while, then goes back to bangin' around).