ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Gladiator 2018 - Round 1, Match 18 - Detoxing versus canoworms (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316153)

Rain Man 07-10-2018 08:21 AM

Gladiator 2018 - Round 1, Match 18 - Detoxing versus canoworms

Vote for the person that you think would win this match in a battle to death or submission. As background, assume that prior to the tournament you received 10 minutes of training on every weapon. The time listed is the amount of time before the match where you learn what the weaponry and venue is.

Venue - A coastal beach
Starting Distance - 81 feet

Detoxing

Main Weapon - Two fist-sized rocks, one of which has a slightly sharp edge
Backup Weapon - 20 sharp small ninja stars

Prep Time - 14 seconds
Special Factors - None

canoworms

Main Weapon - The thigh bone of a large ape
Backup Weapon - BB gun with 50 BBs, each of which is coated with enough poison to slow a person down by 4 percentage points

Prep Time - 9 Minutes
Special Factors - You're wearing an eye patch on your right eye, which you can't remove

ThaVirus 07-10-2018 08:28 AM

Does the slow effect of the poison stack with each BB?

Sofa King 07-10-2018 08:29 AM

What kind of BB gun? Semi automatic? Red Ryder? Fully auto CO2 gun? Pump B.B. gun? Is canoworms right or left handed- can he shoot opposite hand at a moving target? The BB gun is the kicker. A semi auto could slow him down enough to beat him to death and would cause him to be too slow to throw the stars effectively. But a pump is worthless.

Why Not? 07-10-2018 08:32 AM

This may be the toughest one yet. At first glance, the BB gun would be a good advantage but people may fail to understand how much your equilibrium is off when you consistently can only use one eye. Conversely, throwing anything on a beach is not easy due to the lack of solid ground under your feet. The rocks require close proximity to matter and we've already seen the small stars be basically irrelevant. Give me bludgeoning to death via ape bone in a close one.

Otter 07-10-2018 08:35 AM

This is another good one.

I'm guessing at 81 feet canoworms manages 2 shots with the BB gun before he has to switch to the ape's thigh bone which leaves detox at 8% less (which isn't much) and then it comes down to melee. Pretty equal prep time on a beach...

This is a coin toss. I'll await arguments from the combatants.

Beef Supreme 07-10-2018 08:43 AM

I think ninja stars need to be removed from the wheel of death. Is this the third or fourth fight with ninja stars?

Rain Man 07-10-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13622035)
Does the slow effect of the poison stack with each BB?

Yes, it has a cumulative effect, and the effect is four percentage points, not percent. So 25 hits is total incapacitation.

Rain Man 07-10-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 13622037)
What kind of BB gun? Semi automatic? Red Ryder? Fully auto CO2 gun? Pump B.B. gun? Is canoworms right or left handed- can he shoot opposite hand at a moving target? The BB gun is the kicker. A semi auto could slow him down enough to beat him to death and would cause him to be too slow to throw the stars effectively. But a pump is worthless.

It's a classic pump BB gun where one must manually do that thing with the thing under the trigger to place the next BB into the chamber.

https://images.airgundepot.com/ay/ai...-bb-gun-32.gif

Rain Man 07-10-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 13622057)
I think ninja stars need to be removed from the wheel of death. Is this the third or fourth fight with ninja stars?

Well, then, you might want to practice your ninja star throwing. Or maybe we'll revert to the mean and your practice will be useless. There's no telling, really.

Beef Supreme 07-10-2018 08:51 AM

Coincidentally, I am a ninja star expert. So if I get ninja stars in my matchup, it's game over. ROFL

Sofa King 07-10-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13622065)
It's a classic pump BB gun where one must manually do that thing with the thing under the trigger to place the next BB into the chamber.

https://images.airgundepot.com/ay/ai...-bb-gun-32.gif

Hmmm. You can fire one of those decently fast, but don’t expect over 20% . They’re inaccurate at too much distance as well.

ChiliConCarnage 07-10-2018 09:00 AM

Is the slowing just of foot movement or would it slow arm movement as well?

Rain Man 07-10-2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 13622078)
Is the slowing just of foot movement or would it slow arm movement as well?

The poison is total slowing of body and mind. Maybe it's more of a sedative than a poison.

Otter 07-10-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13622086)
The poison is total slowing of body and mind. Maybe it's more of a sedative than a poison.

We can call them "Quaalude Pellets".

Actually canoworms, would you mind shooting me 3x before I have to meet with clients @ 10am?

Thx in advance!

ModSocks 07-10-2018 09:15 AM

whoa whoa whoa.

Before everyone starts voting, i'd like to point out that i grew up on the beach, so i know the terrain extremely well.

Also, as a kid i threw a rock at a bully who was trying to pick on me. I made him cry. AND, i spent a lot of time skipping rocks, so i am quite proficient with this sort of weapon.