ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   You know what's kind of weird? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321244)

Chris Meck 02-10-2019 11:56 AM

You know what's kind of weird?

There's nothing the Chiefs could do that would upset me, other than maybe drafting a QB in the first.

There are some positions that if they drafted high I'd be scratching my head, but...

mostly, I'd just be curious as to what they were planning.

That's a different feeling. Not like before.

htismaqe 02-12-2019 02:07 PM

I feel exactly the same. I mean, I'm not going to jump for joy if they take a bunch of offensive linemen but there's almost nothing they can do that would upset me.

CoMoChief 02-12-2019 05:41 PM

I'd be pretty pissed if they drafted any offensive player in rd 1 or 2.

Sorry, I'm just not on board w/ the "draft a TE early" train.

This team needs all the D players it can get.

Discuss Thrower 02-12-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14103661)
I'd be pretty pissed if they drafted any offensive player in rd 1 or 2.

Sorry, I'm just not on board w/ the "draft a TE early" train.

This team needs all the D players it can get.

I don't see why you should get pissed for any offensive player off in the first 64 picks. If you particularly dislike the offensive guy or guys taken for X, Y and Z reasons then sure.

The draft is a crapshoot holmes. Odds are a first rounder doesn't play good enough to justify a long term deal and those odds get worse as you go into the later rounds.

Get a guy you have a reasonable chance to be a long-term answer as a starter and hope he earns his starts sooner than later.

htismaqe 02-12-2019 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14103673)
I don't see why you should get pissed for any offensive player off in the first 64 picks. If you particularly dislike the offensive guy or guys taken for X, Y and Z reasons then sure.

The draft is a crapshoot holmes. Odds are a first rounder doesn't play good enough to justify a long term deal and those odds get worse as you go into the later rounds.

Get a guy you have a reasonable chance to be a long-term answer as a starter and hope he earns his starts sooner than later.

Yep. An offensive player that contributes next year is better than a defensive player that doesn't.

This team is built to win right freaking now. They need their first 3 picks (at least) to get significant snaps next year and if that means drafting some offense, go for it.

Buehler445 02-12-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14103751)
Yep. An offensive player that contributes next year is better than a defensive player that doesn't.

This team is built to win right freaking now. They need their first 3 picks (at least) to get significant snaps next year and if that means drafting some offense, go for it.

Absolutely. Hitting is the most important thing, bar none.

Chris Meck 02-12-2019 10:59 PM

I personally would prefer one more defense heavy draft. I think it's the smart move to build something for the next 5 years, and several probably Super Bowl teams.

But...if the team figures that some FA's can fill holes and they elect to draft BPA and it happens that offensive players are the highest rated guys on their board, I'll play along and see what shakes out.

kccrow 02-13-2019 05:10 AM

I'm all for defense heavy, but I don't think you ignore the offense just because it's good. I would not at all be pissed if KC took an offensive lineman or skill guy on day 2. I really don't want an offensive player in round 1 though.

Chris Meck 02-15-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14104151)
I'm all for defense heavy, but I don't think you ignore the offense just because it's good. I would not at all be pissed if KC took an offensive lineman or skill guy on day 2. I really don't want an offensive player in round 1 though.

I think it unlikely you draft an immediate offensive starter in round 1. I mean, where would they play? In THIS offense? it's complicated to learn, and we're STACKED. unless you draft some all world LG or something.

In58men 02-15-2019 03:55 PM

No namer OL pick would be fine me. If Chiefs think he can protect Pat, I’m all for it .

The Franchise 02-15-2019 03:58 PM

QB, K or P. Anything else and I'm perfectly fine as long as he's starting day 1.