ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith: The 49ers were completely dysfunctional (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310048)

Beef Supreme 09-13-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13078697)
I completely disagree, if it came to light that we could have acquired Mahomes at the price we paid and didn't because our 33yo QB probably still had a few years left, I'd be pissed. Particularly if it came to light in the week after we lost another year of Eric Berry.

IF YOU truly are all in on this shit about elite franchise QBs being the only thing that matters anymore in the NFL, you don't half-ass it and grab whomever happens to be available whenever the need arises then cross your fingers and pray. You IDENTIFY generational talent and ACQUIRE him when the opportunity rises.

I'm not 'happy we finally drafted a QB.' I'm happy we drafted Mahomes.

But you know that, you just continue to be a ****.

Well, you are high then. I'm wildly happy we drafted Mahomes, but if the Packers had made the same trade we did to get Mahomes, everyone would be saying "what the ****?"

Chiefspants 09-13-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13078711)
Well, you are high then. I'm wildly happy we drafted Mahomes, but if the Packers had made the same trade we did to get Mahomes, everyone would be saying "what the ****?"

If Alex Smith played like Aaron Rodgers, we'd have no need for Pat Mahomes.

Baby Lee 09-13-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Nah, just the idiots.

Good news is, it'll be a good 5 years before we know BOTH the full potential of Mahomes AND how good a job GB does in preparing for life after Rodgers.

Beef Supreme 09-13-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13078721)
If Alex Smith played like Aaron Rodgers, we'd have no need for Pat Mahomes.

Did you read the thread? That's what I ****ing said.

Chiefspants 09-13-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13078725)
Did you read the thread? That's what I ****ing said.

I was agreeing with you.

DJ's left nut 09-13-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13078503)
No1curr

Not true.

That's a fantastic interview. Don't do yourself a disservice just because it involves Smith.

You don't hear NFL players being nearly that candid often.

threebag 09-13-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

No they wouldn't.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 09-13-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13078669)
33 isn't all that old for a QB. If he was consistently playing like he did last Thursday, we probably would not have traded up in the first round to draft a QB.

Aaron Rodgers is 33 and you don't see the Packers drafting a replacement yet. I think Mahomes is worth the pick, and picks we gave up to get him, but probably not this year if our qb was Aaron Rodgers. It has nothing to do with the value of Mahomes, but the need on the team.

But you know that. You're just being a prick.

I was saying this spring that Smith is going to be better heading into his mid-30's. A huge percentage of long time vets have played their best ball between 30-36.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 09-13-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13078731)
Not true.

That's a fantastic interview. Don't do yourself a disservice just because it involves Smith.

You don't hear NFL players being nearly that candid often.

I posted it for that reason. Especially from someone like Smith who has always been one to keep his mouth shut and just go to work

FlintHillsChiefs 09-13-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13078705)
For what it's worth, there's a whole series of these videos on the YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBs...DAU5hwN9bGVk_A

Yep. Slow day at work so I've been watching these. The segment about how he felt losing his job to Kaepernick is great as well as the one about how he wanted to be at KC with Andy Reid.

JohnV 09-13-2017 02:41 PM

Still are. Only person that's been able to cover up the dysfunction since the Yorks took over is Jim Harbaugh, and Alex lovers swear he can't coach in this league lol

TigeRRUppeRRcut 09-13-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnV (Post 13078986)
Still are. Only person that's been able to cover up the dysfunction since the Yorks took over is Jim Harbaugh, and Alex lovers swear he can't coach in this league lol

Who said this? Provide links.

stevieray 09-13-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13078519)
It's comforting to know the offense has been so much more productive here in KC with Smith and the relative lack of dysfunction. To approach scoring 20 points a game last year with Smith as our QB was indeed a blessing.

Enough to sweep the division.

Sandy Vagina 09-13-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13078580)
If plays at 80% of Thursday they are going to destroy everyone on the way to the SB.

I just want him to have those games at the right time.

Can't say it will always be the right time, but I think 80% of is doable now. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 13078635)
Why would you feel bad for him? He's making more money this year than you'll ever see in your lifetime, all for playing a game.

Dude is living good.

So much of this. Barring some horrible injury, there can be no feeling bad for this 100 million dollar man at this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13078669)
33 isn't all that old for a QB. If he was consistently playing like he did last Thursday, we probably would not have traded up in the first round to draft a QB.

Aaron Rodgers is 33 and you don't see the Packers drafting a replacement yet.

Alex was 20 years old when drafted and he started yr 1.. has multiple concussions, and two surgeries to his throwing shoulder. Rodgers sat for 3? or 4 years.. has he endured any major injuries that compare?

SAUTO 09-13-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 13078691)
I hope alex wins a super bowl and gets traded and then Patrick Mahoney never suits up for chiefs

I hope you lose your head.