ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Supersong Tournament: Round 3, Heat 2. (PICK TWO) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318396)

Rain Man 10-23-2018 08:16 PM

Supersong Tournament: Round 3, Heat 2. (PICK TWO)

We're down to our ten finalists now, so this round will have only two heats.

Same rules as before. I'll put the nominees up in random clumps of five, and you'll pick the TWO musical acts that you would most like, or least hate, to see on the world's biggest stage as the Chiefs face some NFC team next year.

The rules are more or less non-existent. Lobby for anyone you like, post videos for us, and make any arguments against totally insipid groups and rappers. Convince us one way or the other.

WhawhaWhat 10-23-2018 08:20 PM

Foo Fighters and ELO

Rain Man 10-23-2018 08:21 PM

My winners:

1. Billy Joel - It's pretty good crowd for a Super Bowl, the commissioner gives me a smile, 'cuz he knows that it's me they've been coming to see, and forget about refs for a while.

2. Eagles - The current Eagles are pretty much the real thing, and I like the Eagles. I don't know what Super Bowl songs they have, but I'm still voting for them.

My non-winners.

3. ELO - I'm really interested in them, but they're only 1/5 of the Traveling Wilburys.

4. Rolling Stones - Okay. That's fine.

5. Foo Fighters - I don't get it. They weren't performing in the 1970s at all.

htismaqe 10-23-2018 08:21 PM

Just awful.

patteeu 10-23-2018 08:25 PM

I voted for the Foo Fighters because they wouldn't need wheelchairs.

For my second, I was torn between The Eagles and Billy Joel. I went with the Eagles in an earlier round, but I'm feeling the piano tonight so I voted Billy Joel.

LoneWolf 10-23-2018 08:28 PM

**** ELO. It’s one original member and it’s not that good.

**** The Rolling Stones. They are old and sound like shit now.

**** the Eagles. Glenn is dead and they won’t let their best guitar player back in the band because of politics.

**** Billy Joel. He’s old and stupid enough to blow it with Christie Brinkley.

The Foo Fighters would be OK, but how in the blue **** is this the collection of acts we’ve come up with? It mind boggling.

htismaqe 10-23-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13840087)
**** ELO. It’s one original member and it’s not that good.

**** The Rolling Stones. They are old and sound like shit now.

**** the Eagles. Glenn is dead and they won’t let their best guitar player back in the band because of politics.

**** Billy Joel. He’s old and stupid enough to blow it with Christie Brinkley.

The Foo Fighters would be OK, but how in the blue **** is this the collection of acts we’ve come up with? It mind boggling.

:clap:

carcosa 10-23-2018 09:44 PM

God damn this board is old and white as hell lmao

That being said, Billy Joel or Foo Fighters would be fine

jjchieffan 10-24-2018 06:44 AM

I don't know how Foo Fighters are leading this heat. I guess the same way that Chris Farley won the SNL poll. A bunch of young guys on here that don't know much. Billy Joel was hands down the best option in this heat and he's about to get eliminated. Really??

WhawhaWhat 10-24-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13840529)
I don't know how Foo Fighters are leading this heat. I guess the same way that Chris Farley won the SNL poll. A bunch of young guys on here that don't know much. Billy Joel was hands down the best option in this heat and he's about to get eliminated. Really??

Because Foo Fighters can put on a good performance and don't risk having a heart attack or stroke and dying on stage.

That being said, ELO was the best of the rest after the Foo Fighters. I couldn't care less about the Rolling Stones or the Eagles. Billy Joel is fine but I'm not really interested in seeing him during halftime or really any other time.

Rain Man 10-24-2018 06:53 AM

Quote:

Yeah, this. Billy Joel was my top choice in the tournament other than maybe Ben Folds. He seems like an obvious choice.

luv 10-24-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Well, mental note to never ask your opinion when it comes to music.

luv 10-24-2018 07:14 AM

Foo Fighters and Billy Joel.

LoneWolf 10-24-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

It looks like evolution isn’t the only subject where you’re a complete ****ing moron.

htismaqe 10-24-2018 09:27 AM

Billy Joel and Ben Folds.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=h...erjack.jpg&f=1