ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Top 25 Athletes under 25 Years Old (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=331554)

carcosa 05-29-2020 12:45 AM

Trying to rank athletes across sports like this is pretty pointless and arbitrary, but Mahomes and Biles are quite comparable in that they both routinely do insane shit that you had no idea was possible. They're way, way above the rest of the list in that regard.

MAHOMES #1 4EVER 4 LIFE THOUGH!!!!!

Gadzooks 05-29-2020 01:38 AM

Joey Bosa shouldn't be on that list.

tredadda 05-29-2020 07:21 AM

Perhaps it’s because hockey is not as popular as some of the other sports, but McDavid is ranked way too low. The kid is a utter phenom in the sport and one of the best talents that sport has produced in a long time (even better than Crosby).

Kiimo 05-29-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 14992499)
I can't believe someone actually thinks Simone Biles is a better all around athlete....

No one dismisses how great she is in her sport.....and how long she has been doing it. But let's be clear.....she is great in one sport only.

From all accounts Mahomes could have chosen either a career in baseball or a career in football and would have done well either way.

Let's not dismiss what Biles has accomplished (and the spectre of having done it during the Nassar years) and give her what is due her. She is one of the greatest...if not the greatest in her sport.

But thinking that she is a better athlete than Patrick Mahomes is silly.

I think you are unclear what an athlete is. There are probably a dozen sports that she would excel at if she put her energy into that. Gymnastics is probably the best test of athleticism of any sport.

I still put Mahomes ahead of her though because of the age thing.

Hayneplane 05-29-2020 02:52 PM

This list is ridiculously US centric. I am from the UK and very few European Football/Soccer fans would even put Pulisic in the top 5 under 25 footballers let alone top 25 across all sports.

Look up Egan Bernal, winner of the Tour de France at 22 or another pair of cycling phenoms Remco Evenepoel and Matthieu Van De Poel.

Mondo Duplantis athletics golden boy so good so young that he won the European Championship while still at High School and already World Record Holder at 20.

Max Verstappen in Formula 1 also a strong contender

carcosa 05-29-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayneplane (Post 14993778)
This list is ridiculously US centric. I am from the UK and very few European Football/Soccer fans would even put Pulisic in the top 5 under 25 footballers let alone top 25 across all sports.

Look up Egan Bernal, winner of the Tour de France at 22 or another pair of cycling phenoms Remco Evenepoel and Matthieu Van De Poel.

Mondo Duplantis athletics golden boy so good so young that he won the European Championship while still at High School and already World Record Holder at 20.

Max Verstappen in Formula 1 also a strong contender

STFU REDCOAT!!!!!!

Hayneplane 05-29-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14993854)
STFU REDCOAT!!!!!!

A very well rounded argument. If this is representative of your usual standard of posting then I won’t be wasting any time looking at your other 16,000 previous posts.

Mosbonian 05-29-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14993692)
I think you are unclear what an athlete is. There are probably a dozen sports that she would excel at if she put her energy into that. Gymnastics is probably the best test of athleticism of any sport.

I still put Mahomes ahead of her though because of the age thing.

Then how about you enlighten me....because I was never an athlete at any time in my life and I would never be able to comprehend how one set of skills in one sport could translate into another....like guys who are track stars might also excel in football or guys who play baseball might also be great at golf if they understand the different mechanics of swings for both sports.....or how a great swimmer might also excel at water polo....how a great power forward in basketball can also become a great Tight End in football....should I go on?

And using your logic I am sure there are a dozen sports that Mahomes would be great at if he put his energy into that.

:rolleyes:

I went and googled this just for your edification...pretty sure that several of these that almost any other athlete could also be "perfect" for too.

http://allgymnasts.com/7-sports-consider-retire-leo/

Below, we will go over seven popular sports that gymnasts are perfect for.

Diving. Gymnasts know how to tumble, twist, and flip, which makes them an excellent candidate for diving. ...
Dance. ...
Cheerleading. ...
Snowboarding. ...
CrossFit. ...
Track & Field. ...
Martial Arts.

Deberg_1990 05-29-2020 04:14 PM

Mahomes would absolutely excel in professional corn hole.

Rain Man 05-29-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayneplane (Post 14993864)
A very well rounded argument. If this is representative of your usual standard of posting then I won’t be wasting any time looking at your other 16,000 previous posts.

I'd say it's pretty representative. He tends to uphold longstanding historical grudges, though it's usually directed at the broncos.

carcosa 05-29-2020 04:32 PM

Quote:

Oi, piss off, bruv!!!!!

Kiimo 05-29-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 14993881)
Then how about you enlighten me....because I was never an athlete at any time in my life and I would never be able to comprehend how one set of skills in one sport could translate into another....like guys who are track stars might also excel in football or guys who play baseball might also be great at golf if they understand the different mechanics of swings for both sports.....or how a great swimmer might also excel at water polo....how a great power forward in basketball can also become a great Tight End in football....should I go on?

And using your logic I am sure there are a dozen sports that Mahomes would be great at if he put his energy into that.

:rolleyes:

I went and googled this just for your edification...pretty sure that several of these that almost any other athlete could also be "perfect" for too.

http://allgymnasts.com/7-sports-consider-retire-leo/

Below, we will go over seven popular sports that gymnasts are perfect for.

Diving. Gymnasts know how to tumble, twist, and flip, which makes them an excellent candidate for diving. ...
Dance. ...
Cheerleading. ...
Snowboarding. ...
CrossFit. ...
Track & Field. ...
Martial Arts.

Mahomes is the best QB in the world and he'd be a pro pitcher. Both those involve his throwing ability and his brain. But c'mon with this athlete stuff, can you imagine Mahomes running hurdles or something?

It's okay to say someone is a better athlete. friggin Lamar Jackson is twice the athlete. Mahomes is a better QB though

Sorry 05-29-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

How dare you come at the trivia king!

Sidenote, Pulisic is about a B- player among subpar U.S men talent in the sport so it's natural to highlight him in a u.s reporter/s list.

Hayneplane 05-29-2020 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14993957)
How dare you come at the trivia king!

Sidenote, Pulisic is about a B- player among subpar U.S men talent in the sport so it's natural to highlight him in a u.s reporter/s list.

I appreciate your balanced response and I do get that naturally a reporter may tailor their article towards highlighting sportspeople that their readership is more likely to be supportive of or already well known.

PurpleRiders51 05-29-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14991459)
Is Mahomes absolutely the best football player who ever lived?

Biles is absolutely the best gymnast who ever lived.

Hasn't that Phelps guy won more gold medals than anyone ever. I'd put him as the best swimmer/athlete ever.