ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs DJ Alexander gets traded to Seattle (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308978)

booger 07-28-2017 02:03 PM

DJA took charge and really showed up on special teams from the beginning. Great attitude and effort. Kinda of maxed out frame. Not a Mike and needs to be a Will. He made some plays against the run but limited in coverage. One thing about DJ was a neck injury from college. Pretty sure it was a fuse deal with that. So from a business sense a guy like that who excels on special teams only he may not make it to his 2nd contract. Still a surprise.

The new guy has to be an inside guy. Too small to set/hold the edge. As a blitzer of edge rusher outside I could see that. Just not in the base. Also could backup Sorensen and DJ in the nickel and dime. Plus it gets DJA to the NFC in case they would have cut him and he would get claimed on waivers. At first it is a head scratcher but does make sense with that upside

BlackOp 07-28-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12978270)
Are you an idiot?

Yeah genius...IF he gets his way and they ultimately decide to trade him...Raiders can pony up a pick. I know this concept is hard to comprehend..

JakeF 07-28-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiedokieokoye (Post 12977859)
Swap of the special teamers for some reason.

I thought Alexander was supposed to be more than a special teamer for us this year.

RealSNR 07-28-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12978297)
Yeah genius...IF he gets his way and they ultimately decide to trade him...Raiders can pony up a pick. I know this concept is hard to comprehend..

Trading for a player isn't signing a player, you ****ing dipshit

BlackOp 07-28-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12978316)
Trading for a player isn't signing a player, you ****ing dipshit

You are truly a dense MFer...Jesus.

RealSNR 07-28-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12978323)
You are truly a dense MFer...Jesus.

You said, "I hope the Raiders don't sign him."

They can't SIGN him until his contract expires or he gets ****ing cut. But that's not what you were talking about, because you brought up trading picks in the next post.

That's TRADING for Kendricks. Not ****ing signing him.

Are you really this ****ing stupid?

BlackOp 07-28-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12978338)
You said, "I hope the Raiders don't sign him."

They can't SIGN him until his contract expires or he gets ****ing cut. But that's not what you were talking about, because you brought up trading picks in the next post.

That's TRADING for Kendricks. Not ****ing signing him.

Are you really this ****ing stupid?

They were never going to just cut him outright...I figured that much was understood. You're just trying to be a dickhead over semantics..

Schnitzel 07-28-2017 02:47 PM

KPL was in one of my classes during my exchange semester at Boston College. He is a bright young guy with a great character and work ethic. Happy to have him here.

JakeF 07-28-2017 03:21 PM

If Pierre-Louis doesn't contribute significantly on defense then it was a poor trade because Alexander was a Pro bowl special teamer.

Chiefshrink 07-28-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12977864)
If they were just swapping special teamers, my guess is they think Pierre-Louis offers more defensive upside. Probably didn't want to keep DJA for just special teams ability. :shrug:

Yea, you wonder who approached who first here ?:shrug:

Psyko Tek 07-28-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12977885)
The Seahawks signed Marcus Smith, who was just cut by the Eagles two days ago, so this guy was expendable.

But man, Veach must not have valued Alexander. Wow.

thinking he only wants one DJ on the roster, when Andy yells for DJ now,
there is only one...

DaNewGuy 07-28-2017 08:55 PM

Was it him or ramik wilson who was getting their shit pushed in after dj got hurt against Oakland?

Bowser 07-29-2017 11:22 AM

How is KPL looking in camp? I don't want to dig through a stupid megathread to find news on him.

Coogs 07-29-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12979538)
How is KPL looking in camp? I don't want to dig through a stupid megathread to find news on him.

Hasn't practiced yet.

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12979538)

He didn't participate