ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid got thoroughly outcoached (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320722)

B_Ambuehl 01-21-2019 07:40 AM

Andy Reid got thoroughly outcoached

Belichik didn't do a damn thing different then what he's done the last 6 weeks of the season and Andy Reid completely choked. No gameplan whatsoever. 37 yards of offense in the first half and I put that on Reid not Mahomes. He went the first 2 quarters without running a single bunch set, a single rub route, not once did he move the pocket, and only once did he run a play action pass. Not a single screen and no misdirection. He was dropping straight back in shotgun against a blitzing defense when he has a QB that can move.

Andy actually made Belichiks defense look like the '85 bears for a quarter.

I'm gonna have to agree with the folks in Philly who hate on him so much. Reid just doesn't have it.

cabletech94 01-21-2019 07:42 AM

did the pats continue to switch out offensive line play through out the game? honest question. romo is the one that said something like that to catch my attention.
like the fatties came in when it was a run, and the speed guys came into the game on a pass play?
not trying to stir up here, just wanting to know if i caught that right.

Prison Bitch 01-21-2019 07:42 AM

But he beats up on poopy teams which is better than nothing I guess. We either get Marty or Crennel. Guess we stick with the Marry.

notorious 01-21-2019 07:43 AM

You think?

swifty32661 01-21-2019 07:44 AM

Marty 2.0 on steroids. Save this post, The Chiefs will NEVER win a SB with Reid as the head coach. Just won't happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 14060061)
Belichik didn't do a damn thing different then what he's done the last 6 weeks of the season and Andy Reid completely choked. No gameplan whatsoever. 37 yards of offense in the first half and I put that on Reid not Mahomes. He went the first 2 quarters without running a single bunch set, a single rub route, not once did he move the pocket, and only once did he run a play action pass. Not a single screen and no misdirection. He was dropping straight back in shotgun against a blitzing defense when he has a QB that can move.

I'm gonna have to agree with the folks in Philly who hate on him so much. Reid just doesn't have it.

kcpasco 01-21-2019 07:45 AM

O line got their shit pushed in badly the first half but Andy did make some good adjustments. Just like the first meeting the offense did enough late to win this game only to watch the D give it back.

DRM08 01-21-2019 07:47 AM

Patriots are the much more physical team and it paid off for them. They destroyed the Chiefs in the trenches. If not for Brady INT’s, the game would have been a blowout.

CoMoChief 01-21-2019 07:48 AM

Philly fans warned us all of this...as did some of Reid's former players

In big games, Reid-tard shits himself. He's 1-5 in conference championship games.

Tyreek Hill had 1 REC for 42yds....one. ****ing. catch.

Travis Kelce had a nice shitty performance as well. 3 REC for 23yds. And although he had a TD, he also had 1 big crucial drop as well.

And then Williams...10rushes for 30yds.

0pts in 1st half. BB probably laughed his ass off all the way to the airport last night.

Meanwhile Reid-tard..."Well we got to take the hurt and learn from this.

Newsflash fatass....Chiefs been doing that for 50yrs.

The Factory of Sadness.....same as it ever was.

Why Not? 01-21-2019 07:52 AM

It was the GOAT coach vs a really good regular season coach. No surprise who had the better game.

tooge 01-21-2019 07:52 AM

Case in point, although this is more of an indictment of Sutton, he is still under Reids control. Last Patriots drive of the first half. Bout 45 seconds left. They are just in FG range. They are obviously going to take a couple of shots. Yet Sutton leaves a receiver one on one and they get a TD. Now 2 quarters later, it's the end of regulation. The Chiefs are in FG range with 16 seconds left. Obviously they will take a shot at a TD. But, here's the difference. Belichick has 3 or 4 guys just waiting in the endzone. Mahomes has no choice but to throw it away. That the difference in defensive coaching right there.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14060074)
O line got their shit pushed in badly the first half but Andy did make some good adjustments. Just like the first meeting the offense did enough late to win this game only to watch the D give it back.

Yeah, strangely our script did not work but our adjustment to the script worked really well. Usually it's the other way around. We played one hell of a second half and that includes Reid. As weird as it sounds... I'm a hell of a lot happier that we lost like that then if we lost a lead. In the end... We got beat by a coin toss. Either qb was going to march down the field and thrash us. Partly because our D was outmatched on the last two drives.. But largely because Brady is that good.

We lost. But it was a game that actually made me feel better about Reid. And our qb left no doubt that he's built for these situations.

tyreekthefreak 01-21-2019 07:56 AM

1st down pass for two yard gain...….2nd down RUN UP THE MIDDLE for no gain...…..3rd and eight, defense blitzes, Mahomes gets sacked taking us out of field goal range...…….AGAIN!!!

Watching replay you see all our receivers running 20 yard routes!!! Against the blitz!!!! What the hell was Mahomes seeing or Reid thinking??? Their doubling Tyreek and Kelce and rushing 5. That leave two DBs to cover our other two receivers and a back leaking out of the backfield. Yet Mahomes throws into double coverage for no gain! IT'S PISS POOR COACHING...….PERIOD!

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-21-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 14060061)

I read somewhere that Andy Reid is actually a terrible head football coach...

RobertWeathers 01-21-2019 08:08 AM

I thought Reid thoroughly outcoached Bill/Flores in the 2nd 1/2. Some of those play designs were amazing.

Reid made Bill throw a hissy fit and chucked the Microsoft Surface. That means you got him.

IMO Reid is a top 5 coach. Hes not the problem. Hes part of the solution.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-21-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14060118)
I thought Reid thoroughly outcoached Bill/Flores in the 2nd 1/2. Some of those play designs were amazing.

Reid made Bill throw a hissy fit and chucked the Microsoft Surface. That means you got him.

IMO Reid is a top 5 coach. Hes not the problem. Hes part of the solution.

Reid's teams are fat and soft, just like him.

We got beat in the trenches, plain and simple. Oline got raped, defensive line got ran on and sodomized.

Mahomes just got hot in the 2nd half.

Trust me, we've seen this shit out of the Fatman before.