ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyler Thigpen: Forgotten Innovator (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320580)

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-18-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14049976)
Will never understand the extreme hate for the guy. I don't think anyone loves him. But plenty who think he wasn't totally to blame. He's the only coach until Reid who demanded we start a young qb instead of a retread. The only coach in decades to not trade a high pick for a veteran retread. He went over Petersons head to hire Gailey and made the ballsy move to give Gailey license to run pistol. And yes, herm absolutely deserves credit for giving that a shot.

He could have traded for Chad Pennington and this team could have limped its way to 8-8. Instead he chose to blow the team up and build around youth. At least he tried something even if it didn't work.

I thought the draft where we got JC, Albert, Carr and Flowers was decent - Herm had a lot to do with that.

chiefzilla1501 01-18-2019 12:22 PM

It's a good reminder of why the NFL passer friendly rules are maybe a good thing, much as I bite my tongue saying that. The reason Brees and Brady have had a cooshy throne for so long is, it's pretty amazing to look at the pile of shit at QB that was churned out between 2005 - 2010. Brodie Croyle may have sucked... the Cassel trade was horrendous. But from a draft standpoint, what really were our options in the Kuharich & Pioli years. Actually might have been interesting to see if Gailey could have made the spread work. We'd be way ahead of the times and might have stolen a spread QB where other teams failed to develop a pro style QB.

Can't be stated enough how brilliant the move was to trade for Mahomes in what (even if he busted) was a steal of trade value.

ChiefBlueCFC 01-18-2019 12:23 PM

As bad as that 08 team was, I enjoyed watching Tyler Thigpen, he was at least exciting in his notbeinggoodness

Demonpenz 01-18-2019 12:37 PM

Coastal college

HemiEd 01-18-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 14049887)
lol this thread

If there is one thing I got out of it; I know that if there is one person Buehler445 would like to punch in the face it’s probably Herman ****ing Edwards.

I am not sure which he dislikes more, Herm****** or the******* Broncos. ROFL

This line resurrected some really bad memories for me of the Marv Levy Era.
"The 6-foot-3 Thigpen played quarterback in a wing-T offense in high school and in a spread offense at Coastal Carolina."

UK_Chief 01-18-2019 12:44 PM

Never forget Thiggy!!!!

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-18-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14050058)
It's a good reminder of why the NFL passer friendly rules are maybe a good thing, much as I bite my tongue saying that. The reason Brees and Brady have had a cooshy throne for so long is, it's pretty amazing to look at the pile of shit at QB that was churned out between 2005 - 2010. Brodie Croyle may have sucked... the Cassel trade was horrendous. But from a draft standpoint, what really were our options in the Kuharich & Pioli years. Actually might have been interesting to see if Gailey could have made the spread work. We'd be way ahead of the times and might have stolen a spread QB where other teams failed to develop a pro style QB.

Can't be stated enough how brilliant the move was to trade for Mahomes in what (even if he busted) was a steal of trade value.

I will always thank the Buffalo Bills from the bottom of my soul that they traded us that pick.

suzzer99 01-18-2019 02:56 PM

Yep - any Chiefs fan who meets a random Bills fan should buy them a beer.

Lex Luthor 01-18-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 14050062)
As bad as that 08 team was, I enjoyed watching Tyler Thigpen, he was at least exciting in his notbeinggoodness

They should have brought back Thigpen for at least one more season. He wasn't a world-beater, but he was a damn sight better than Matt ****ing Cassell.

chiefzilla1501 01-18-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 14050524)
They should have brought back Thigpen for at least one more season. He wasn't a world-beater, but he was a damn sight better than Matt ****ing Cassell.

Not quite sure what Thigpen had. But at the very least we might have drafted a spread qb in 2009. The options weren't great but we would have been way ahead of the NFL curve. Interesting to think about. But in the end, would I have liked a few more competitive years with a limited qb if it kept us from mahomes? Wouldn't trade that for a second.

Mephistopheles Janx 01-18-2019 03:25 PM

From 2007 to 2012 Thigpen was by far the best option QB had hired as a QB. Not that he was good mind you. He was a half eaten tuna melt at the top of a garbage can full of used diapers.

Huard
Croyle
Cassel
Orton
Palko
Quinn
Tanney

RealSNR 01-18-2019 03:36 PM

Ya know, Chan Gailey wasn’t so bad of an offensive coordinator. I’ve always said that.

MAG 01-18-2019 04:19 PM

Long live Thigpen.

carcosa 01-28-2023 11:37 AM

Just remembered this article

Bugeater 01-28-2023 12:18 PM

Tl;dr