ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyler Thigpen: Forgotten Innovator (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320580)

Buehler445 01-18-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haglund's_Spirit (Post 14049819)
Pioli fired Gailey in 2009 because Gailey said Cassel would never work in a traditional pro offense and that they should run the spread.

Yeah? So? This isn't about old Franchise Killer. This is about Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards trying to bigtime fools into thinking he miraculously had something to do with offense that wasn't run the ball off left guard on 3rd and long.

**** that ****ing fraud.

bobbything 01-18-2019 10:59 AM

Don't get me started on Herm Edwards. That fuggin' guy man...

We have the best offense in the league for 4 straight years. Though older, we still had good players when Vermeil left. Herm comes in and says, "Fugg this, we're going to score 17 points instead of 30." He completely neuters the offense because it apparently scores...too...much (??)

They knew Green was on his way out and did absolutely anything to replace him. We were stuck with Tyler Thigpen (God bless him, he did his best) after Dave Kreig v.2.0 (Huard) and Fragile Manning (Croyle) got hurt. And when literally everything Herm did eventually failed, he finally threw his hands in the air and basically said, "Whatever..lmma gonna go play Mario Kart."

Chan Gailey, also neutered by Herm, opens up his copy of Madden 2006, builds his own team, and creates all these backyard, "draw 'em up in the dirt" plays. And guess what? We actually are able to compete! With Tyler friggin' Thigpen at QB!

God...I hate Herm Edwards. I hated listening to him on Kietzman's show because he was treated as some kind of football genius by the media—merely because he was good for a few dumbass soundbites every press conference. Boy, that guy sure sounds like he knows what he's talking about...and fugg me, he's downright hilarious! I don't know what it all has to do with winning football games, but let's get that guy a microphone!

God dammit! Now I'm in a horrible mood.

Buehler445 01-18-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14049832)
I like Chan Gailey and never thought he got enough credit for being ahead of the curve in a lot of ways.

By all accounts an overmatched head coach but I thought he was a pretty damn good OC.

I wasn't the biggest fan, but he does deserve credit for trying new shit (Unlike the fraud that is Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards). His biggest problem was that he made no adjustments, he'd have been better off making a gameplan for the first half - which he normally had success with, and then something completely different in the second.

WAY too many games, he'd put up 20+ in the first and <7 in the second. I fully understand that Thigpen was a massively limited QB, but Gailey would have been served to do SOMETHING different after a few looks.

Buehler445 01-18-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 14049842)

We have the best offense in the league for 4 straight years. Though older, we still had good players when Vermeil left. Herm comes in and says, "Fugg this, we're going to score 17 points instead of 30." He completely neuters the offense because it apparently scores...too...much (??)

They knew Green was on his way out and did absolutely nothing to replace him. We were stuck with Tyler Thigpen (God bless him, he did his best) and when literally everything Herm did eventually failed, he finally threw his hands in the air and basically said, "Whatever..lmma gonna go play Mario Kart."

Chan Gailey, also neutered by Herm, opens up his copy of Madden 2006, builds his own team, and creates all these backyard, "draw 'em up in the dirt" plays. And guess what? We actually are able to compete! With Tyler friggin' Thigpen at QB!

God...I hate Herm Edwards. I hated listening to him on Kietzman's show because he was treated as some kind of football genius by the media—merely because he was good for a few dumbass soundbites every press conference. Boy, that guy sure sounds like he knows what he's talking about. Let's get that guy a microphone!

Right?

You know all the crap that followed, Crennel in particular was just as ****ing bad as Herm, but he wasn't up on the ****ing podium grandstanding about how they were gonna do it like they did in Tampa and insinuating that fans are idiots for expecting more.

Buehler445 01-18-2019 11:10 AM

Oh, and let's not forget that Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards' foray into the college offense game, was picking up that goddamned WR off a practice squad and expecting him to run the option.

HE SURE TRICKED THEM!

bricks 01-18-2019 11:11 AM

lol this thread

If there is one thing I got out of it; I know that if there is one person Buehler445 would like to punch in the face it’s probably Herman ****ing Edwards.

FAX 01-18-2019 11:12 AM

This article just makes me sad.

FAX

Buehler445 01-18-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 14049887)
lol this thread

If there is one thing I got out of it; I know that if there is one person Buehler445 would like to punch in the face it’s probably Herman ****ing Edwards.

You're not wrong.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-18-2019 11:17 AM

Getting Thiggy with it.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-18-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 14049842)

We did not 'compete' with Thiggy. We were 2-12 that year. If Thiggy had started all year, we may have won 4 games. 5, tops.

stumppy 01-18-2019 11:20 AM

I ain't reading nothing that long about Tyler ****ing Thigpen.

Frazod 01-18-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14049917)
I ain't reading nothing that long about Tyler ****ing Thigpen.

LMAO

bobbything 01-18-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haglund's_Spirit (Post 14049916)
We did not 'compete' with Thiggy. We were 2-12 that year. If Thiggy had started all year, we may have won 4 games. 5, tops.

After Thigpen took over, we averaged about 23 ppg. Prior to that, we averaged 13.

We were competing in the sense that we weren't getting blown out of games anymore. That defense was the worst Chiefs defense in franchise history.

MVChiefFan 01-18-2019 11:35 AM

When I read stuff like this, it makes me even more grateful for Pat. Good Lord, the shit we shoveled through.

chiefzilla1501 01-18-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 14049817)
never said he was a stupid coach, bu t who would succeed with them QB's? no one. I Hated herm as much as the next person, but im also not stupid to think anyone was going to win with them 3.

Will never understand the extreme hate for the guy. I don't think anyone loves him. But plenty who think he wasn't totally to blame. He's the only coach until Reid who demanded we start a young qb instead of a retread. The only coach in decades to not trade a high pick for a veteran retread. He went over Petersons head to hire Gailey and made the ballsy move to give Gailey license to run pistol. And yes, herm absolutely deserves credit for giving that a shot.

He could have traded for Chad Pennington and this team could have limped its way to 8-8. Instead he chose to blow the team up and build around youth. At least he tried something even if it didn't work.