ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Retirement (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314266)

cooper barrett 03-05-2018 09:34 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13452236)
It's 67 for most people now if you want to get social security.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that while you were holding the gun.

Buehler445 03-05-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13452139)
It's quite the paradox.

They legitimately ruin your life in terms of finance, stress, and freedom, but give it meaning at the same time.

Dude. What? Kids ruin your life?

First, kids aren’t that damn expensive. I buy the best diapers and wipes on the market and they’re not bad. Like at all. We buy hand me down clothes. Even for a 4 year old it isn’t hard to find stuff that is t hardly used at all. Babies eat from mom and the 4 year old still eats way cheaper than the wife.

Stress? Come on man. It takes a menial amount of problem solving to figure out what they need and then if you aren’t manager enough to accommodate the logistics of getting it done, you don’t have much of a life to ruin.

And Freedom? Seriously? If your self worth revolves around traveling and eating at douchey restaurants or just flat out partying, again, there isn’t much of a life to ruin.

Kids at least when they’re little (my oldest is 4) provide so much more Utility (happiness, fulfillment, love) than they detract from your life it isn’t funny. They’re not easy, but I’m very much not a kid person and they’re not bad as long as your not a self-absorbed ****bag that cares more about what your kids are costing you than caring for your kids (my sister is this way).

If your married, have kids. Do research, prepare, and plan like you should any major life decision and set forth to do the best you can as a parent.

Ruin your life. ROFL

cooper barrett 03-05-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13452238)
You might have to sell one of the kids. Retirement income is really important.

I got them both through college debt free, good hubbys, nice grand kids too.

I don't think selling them was ever an option but at least I haven't got a call saying their house is being ropo'ed or I need money or Luigi is going to break my husband's knees into pieces... That alone is Mastercard "priceless"

cooper barrett 03-05-2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13452253)
I just come up with my own wild explanations. I find conversations with myself to be quite entertaining.

No, I don't.

Yes. I do.

And so do I, I mean we...

HemiEd 03-05-2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 13452222)
That sounds fantastic.

It is. After spending 18 years in the Chicago area, it has been good for the sole.

Buehler445 03-05-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13452270)
A kid is a kid.

You’re wrong.

Other people’s kids are not my kids.

SAUTO 03-05-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13452315)

First, kids aren’t that damn expensive. I buy the best diapers and wipes on the market and they’re not bad. Like at all. We buy hand me down clothes. Even for a 4 year old it isn’t hard to find stuff that is t hardly used at all. Babies eat from mom and the 4 year old still eats way cheaper than the wife.

Stress? Come on man. It takes a menial amount of problem solving to figure out what they need and then if you aren’t manager enough to accommodate the logistics of getting it done, you don’t have much of a life to ruin.

And Freedom? Seriously? If your self worth revolves around traveling and eating at douchey restaurants or just flat out partying, again, there isn’t much of a life to ruin.

Kids at least when they’re little (my oldest is 4) provide so much more Utility (happiness, fulfillment, love) than they detract from your life it isn’t funny. They’re not easy, but I’m very much not a kid person and they’re not bad as long as your not a self-absorbed ****bag that cares more about what your kids are costing you than caring for your kids (my sister is this way).

If your married, have kids. Do research, prepare, and plan like you should any major life decision and set forth to do the best you can as a parent.

Ruin your life. ROFL

He obviously doesn't have or need to have kids.

I would give up everything I have if it meant having my kids.

My youngest daughter is downstairs practicing her trumpet, my son is crying because he thought it was a great idea to stick his cat in the Rottweiler's face [dog doesn't give a shit about the cats at all] and cat dug its claws in his neck pretty deep. I still made fun of him for crying.

I wouldn't trade it for the world

cooper barrett 03-05-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13452323)
It is. After spending 18 years in the Chicago area, it has been good for the sole.

Pedaling auto parts in Chicago must have some great stories...

RunKC 03-05-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13452300)
Dude, UCLA is $32,800 for tuition, dorm and 19 meals a month, which doesn't include book and activities, in 2018

Should I tell my daughter in 2026, when she'll be a Freshman in college, "Hey, that shit is on all you"?

I sincerely hope that if your daughter goes to UCLA, she goes working for a degree towards a good career path and not something like photography.

I can’t imagine paying for my kid to go to an expensive school and then wasting the money.

SuperBowl4 03-05-2018 10:06 PM

Retired at 53 with a TEAMSTERS Pension after working 32 years in Air Freight starting with EmeryWorldwide, CF AIR, and UPS. F-ing AWESOME!

Al Bundy 03-05-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13452300)
Dude, UCLA is $32,800 for tuition, dorm and 19 meals a month, which doesn't include book and activities, in 2018

Should I tell my daughter in 2026, when she'll be a Freshman in college, "Hey, that shit is on all you"?

I had to pay for all mine, that being said I will be able to retire in 10 years because I didn't have kids and the Chiefs were really, really good for a 6 year stretch and they made me a lot of cash.

Indian Chief 03-05-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13452018)
hows a cop, nurse, insurance agent, car salesmen etc supposed to save $1.5 million?

Your making $50k for 45 years that’s $2.2 million. Your supposed to take care of kids, pay a mortgage etc on $700K over 45 years? 15.5K a year? Good luck with that.

I'm not suggesting this is typical, but the AVERAGE cop's salary in my town is $103,000/yr. Cops in NJ are not having much trouble saving for retirement.

ThaVirus 03-05-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Ruin your life. ROFL

Objectively speaking, yes. Without kids you'd have a shit ton more money and freedom with a lot less stress.

cooper barrett 03-05-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13452139)
It's quite the paradox.

They legitimately ruin your life in terms of finance, stress, and freedom, but give it meaning at the same time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13452227)
Look, not saying there is anything WRONG with having kids.

But they cost a lot.

They're not everyone's cup of tea. Nor SHOULD everyone have kids.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13452249)
I'll get the same experience with my niece without dropping a quarter mil on her.

Quote:

Ruin your life. ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13452329)
He obviously doesn't have or need to have kids.

I would give up everything I have if it meant having my kids.

My youngest daughter is downstairs practicing her trumpet, my son is crying because he thought it was a great idea to stick his cat in the Rottweiler's face [dog doesn't give a shit about the cats at all] and cat dug its claws in his neck pretty deep. I still made fun of him for crying.

I wouldn't trade it for the world

I see a group of people who make the world we live in a better place and who's children should grow up to do the same. Then there's one that I hope gets a industrial strength vasectomy, just on the slightest chance he could get laid no less get a woman pregnant. (Oh wait, he's already had one. You certainly read between the lines.) Just in case, have another knot installed, a tight one, just for good measure.

I know that watching my daughter's excel at life's challenges has never made me think something like: "She should have got an "l" at State, those voice lessons cost a fortune." or after 5 years of dance, "This is what they give for trophies at Nationals?" I'm proud that my kids make a difference in children's lives and if someone ever set out to hurt them, I would not be held back from protecting them with everything I have. I think it need not be said, there are many others that feel the same as I do.

If you're "that guy" than chances are the kid you raise (Should the unlikely happen) would be "this kid"
http://static3.nydailynews.com/polop...kolas-cruz.jpg

So, I have to reinforce my thoughts on a double knot.

If you are that "Paradox" person who is looking at the fact that raising children is a bittersweet ritual of sorts that you feel forced to do: I suggest you find a family therapist so that your daughter or son does't get a "Guilty vote" on the "Sex with a student" thread.

https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/...hunter-day.png

I tip my hat to those who choose to keep "Family First" and themselves third in regards to your children. May you never look back and ask yourself "What would my life been like without them"

cooper barrett 03-05-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 13452364)
I'm not suggesting this is typical, but the AVERAGE cop's salary in my town is $103,000/yr. Cops in NJ are not having much trouble saving for retirement.

Where do you live Saddle River? Montvale?

The median home value in Saddle River is $1,769,300

Montvale $854,628

Where does the cost of living fall in? What does a decent 3 bedroom split level cost?