ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The meeting that brought Andy Reid to Kansas City and changed the Chiefs’ fortunes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320272)

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14025516)
Those guys also had reeruns for GMs. Andy had a stud. That’s a huge diff. Andy wouldn’t win with the garbage Pioli acquired. Maybe Andy has a big parry in that, maybe none (truth prob somewhere in between). But damn did Dorsey rebuild this roster. And if Veach is solely responsible for Mahomes - or even majority so - that’s another massive difference.

The "garbage" they acquired included Eric Berry, Justin Houston, and Dontari Poe, all of whom contributed to having a top scoring defense for 4 years in a row.

Reerun_KC 01-11-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14025520)
The "garbage" they acquired included Eric Berry, Justin Houston, and Dontari Poe, all of whom contributed to having a top scoring defense for 4 years in a row.

Alex Smith the great neutralizer.

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14025527)
Alex Smith the great neutralizer.

It goes both ways. Dorsey acquired him. In fact, the current defense is largely in the state it's in because of John Dorsey and his inability to augment/replace guys Scott Pioli drafted.

Prison Bitch 01-11-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14025520)

So? They had top draft picks (Houston an exception and one of Piolis good moves, which were rare).

Dorsey doesn’t compare to those shmucks. And you know that.

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14025534)
So? They had top draft picks (Houston an exception and one of Piolis good moves, which were rare).

Dorsey doesn’t compare to those shmucks. And you know that.

The truth actually lies in the middle. And you know that.

Reerun_KC 01-11-2019 08:32 PM

I’m honestly curious at to what fortunes Fat Andy has changed for the Chiefs? 1-4 in the playoffs with #2 and #3 all time historical playoff losses.

How has he changed our fortune?

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14025546)
I’m honestly curious at to what fortunes Fat Andy has changed for the Chiefs? 1-4 in the playoffs with #2 and #3 all time historical playoff losses.

How has he changed our fortune?

He hasn't gone 2-14.

You have to remember that to the vast majority of fans, being "good" is good enough.

Andy Reid basically took the Chiefs from 10 years of losing 65% of their games to winning 65% of their games. That's the kind of thing that gets Marty Schottenheimer WORSHIPED to this day. It's not good enough for some of us, but then again, we're not "average" fans.

Prison Bitch 01-11-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14025543)
The truth actually lies in the middle. And you know that.

I’m confused - the “truth” is halfway btw Pioli and Dorsey? I cannot agree.

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14025567)
I’m confused - the “truth” is halfway btw Pioli and Dorsey? I cannot agree.

The truth is Dorsey wasn't the best ever and Pioli wasn't the worst ever. You can say he had high picks, Dorsey had the #1 overall and walked away with a mediocre tackle. Both of them had hits and misses.

Flying High D 01-11-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14025383)
Fat Scott was just present to pick up the candy wrappers in the room after the marathon 9 hour meeting to interview/hire Andy.

Feed troughs

htismaqe 01-11-2019 08:47 PM

I love all the food jokes. Scott Pioli was picking picking up burger wrappers for "Fat" Andy and such. It's like people actually read the article or something.

Reerun_KC 01-11-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14025555)
He hasn't gone 2-14.

You have to remember that to the vast majority of fans, being "good" is good enough.

Andy Reid basically took the Chiefs from 10 years of losing 65% of their games to winning 65% of their games. That's the kind of thing that gets Marty Schottenheimer WORSHIPED to this day. It's not good enough for some of us, but then again, we're not "average" fans.

Fair point.

Flying High D 01-11-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14025576)
I love all the food jokes. Scott Pioli was picking picking up burger wrappers for "Fat" Andy and such. It's like people actually read the article or something.

He gave Andy a sponge bath after the feasting:

comochiefsfan 01-11-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14025516)
Those guys also had reeruns for GMs. Andy had a stud. That’s a huge diff. Andy wouldn’t win with the garbage Pioli acquired. Maybe Andy has a big parry in that, maybe none (truth prob somewhere in between). But damn did Dorsey rebuild this roster. And if Veach is solely responsible for Mahomes - or even majority so - that’s another massive difference

His legacy will be determined tomorrow.

No.

His legacy will be determined when either he or Patrick Mahomes is no longer with the franchise. If one of those guys leave and he still hasn't delivered a championship then he deserves all the criticism you could possibly throw at him.

DaFace 01-11-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14025555)
He hasn't gone 2-14.

Guilty. Don't get me wrong - I want to win a Super Bowl obviously. But I also realize that the NFL season is 5 months long, and I'd like to at least be somewhat entertained for 4 of them. If we can make the 5th one fun too, that'll be even better.