ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Pasta Little Brioni 12-29-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9249650)
Um, wins and losses for college QBs mean shit. There's no correlation. Elway had a losing record. Terrelle Pryor was 31-4.

Try reading some websites about football. This isn't hard to do but mouth breathing reeruns can't handle it.

Elway never lost a game in college!!!!/Knowmo

Reaper16 12-29-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9249681)
I've defended Geno on this forum plenty. It is funny though watching people try to pile on me, even though ive been a big Geno supporter.

It's funnier that people want to believe so bad that they are willing to look the otherway when Geno plays like ass.

Geno is a talented QB with great potential, but today's game is part of the reason why opinions on him are so varied.

You are talking nonsense.

Who here is looking the other way on things? What things? Make some specific claims, sir.

philfree 12-29-2012 06:09 PM

I was hoping Geno would do something in todays game to get me excited about him but he failed. He didn't seem to handle the adversity very well today and he behaved like a cry baby a few times which was a turn off.

Nightfyre 12-29-2012 06:11 PM

Some takeaways from the game:

1) This game was as poorly and one-sidedly officiated as any game I have watched in history.
ex1: The intentional grounding in the end zone. Buie is a tailback, right next to the ball. Last I checked, the tailback is an eligible receiver.
ex2: The holding call on Woods on the Tavon Austin screen. Woods was blocking exactly the same way that Syracuse' wide receivers were blocking on screens.
ex3: Where was the mysterious holding on the audibled west virginia run? I didn't see it and they didn't even show a replay.

2) West Virginia's defense couldn't stop a baby from crawling across the goal line with a football taped to its back. And in College that baby is down by rule.

3) Dana Holgorson is a terrible coach.

Things I can conclude about Geno Smith from this game: ....

RealSNR 12-29-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9249705)
I was hoping Geno would do something in todays game to get me excited about him but he failed. He didn't seem to handle the adversity very well today and he behaved like a cry baby a few times which was a turn off.

That's never a good thing.

Signed,
Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Tom Brady
Eli Manning
and friends

RealSNR 12-29-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9249718)
Some takeaways from the game:

1) This game was as poorly and one-sidedly officiated as any game I have watched in history.
ex1: The intentional grounding in the end zone. Buie is a tailback, right next to the ball. Last I checked, the tailback is an eligible receiver.
ex2: The holding call on Woods on the Tavon Austin screen. Woods was blocking exactly the same way that Syracuse' wide receivers were blocking on screens.
ex3: Where was the mysterious holding on the audibled west virginia run? I didn't see it and they didn't even show a replay.

2) West Virginia's defense couldn't stop a baby from crawling across the goal line with a football taped to its back. And in College that baby is down by rule.

3) Dana Holgorson is a terrible coach.

Things I can conclude about Geno Smith from this game: ....

Geno Smith will need a team around him in the NFL. He can't be RGIII or Luck taking garbage and turning them into pretty good players.

Thankfully Kansas City already has a pretty good line, DBowe, and a little fella by the name of Jamaal Charles who rapes feces.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-29-2012 06:23 PM

Lol, Manning cried at the officials during the Chiefs game and Denver was never flagged again. Sometimes it pays.

ModSocks 12-29-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Agreed.

But don't worry, it was the Snow, Coaching, Officiating, and defense's fault.

Austin Ed 12-29-2012 06:24 PM

That's who you want to use the Number One pick on?!!

ModSocks 12-29-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9249737)

Signed,
Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Tom Brady
Eli Manning
and friends

Except for when it's Phillip Rivers, Jay cutler, etc.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-29-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin Ed (Post 9249753)
That's who you want to use the Number One pick on?!!

Go Two Step into the anus of an AIDS ridden Bevo.

Reaper16 12-29-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9249704)
You are talking nonsense.

Who here is looking the other way on things? What things? Make some specific claims, sir.

No response, Detoxing? That's what I thought.

MahiMike 12-29-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Thank you.

ModSocks 12-29-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9249704)

Uhm...those who are saying he didn't have a "bad" game and then blaming it on other elements?

I just dont understand the issue of calling his performance exactly what it was. Trying to be objective about a CP favorite = being a truefan i guess.

philfree 12-29-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9249737)

Signed,
Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Tom Brady
Eli Manning
and friends

He acted more like Cry me a Rivers then he did any of those guys. It's one thing to be competitive but it's another to be a cry baby because you screwed up and did like call. Like I posted I was hoping to see Geno do something to get me excited about him but he failed. I'm not saying not to draft him I'm just saying.