ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs We all know what happened. It’s on Mahomes. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318183)

keg in kc 10-14-2018 09:55 PM

That was the polar opposite of the way Alex blew games. It was completely valid to share the blame when the offense couldn't sustain drives much less score points to win a game, regardless of what the defense was doing. Whereas this was Mahomes screwing up early and then gutting the team back into the game. He took a lead with 2 minutes to go. Can't really blame them for scoring too fast, really.

Alex would get a big halftime lead and then fart it away for 30 minutes. End result was the same but today gives some real reason for hope. Alex might not have done what Pat did in the first half, but he simply can't do what Mahomes did after halftime.

I just hope we don't get crushed by Cinci Sunday. We've had a rough stretch of games and they're a good team we could easily overlook. We're overdue one of those flat, disappointing classic midseason Andy Reid games.

Sannyasi 10-14-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13817797)
Hey, all of you sackless ****wads that are bitching about Mahomes can go be Redskins fans...

Make sure and watch the replay of the Monday night Saints game from last week.

Its going to be really boring to be a Chiefs fan if we can never criticize anything that Mahomes does... Even Patriots fans will tell you that Brady has had bad games. Its not the end of the world.

Kidd Lex 10-14-2018 09:57 PM

I have to agree. Blaming Mahomes tells me none of you bitching watch the nfl. He played better than most qbs today and lost. Shit happens.

PunkinDrublic 10-14-2018 09:57 PM

We had no business being in that game in the second half. Foxboro is still one of the toughest places in the league to win on the road.

Baby Lee 10-14-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13817752)
Its a shame he has to be near perfect to win. 40 points on the road and it wasnt enough. Pathetic D.

It's not fair to him. Not fair to the offense. Not fair to us.

Coach 10-14-2018 09:58 PM

Yes, Pat was off in the first half, but to score 40 points in a football game, that should always get you a win.

****ing Veach and the chiefs front office assembled this abortion of a defense.

****ing Greg Robinson just called, and he wants his 2003 defense back.

cdcox 10-14-2018 09:58 PM

Chunt put Veach on the hot seat. So far Veach's moves have failed to deliver a mediocre defense. Aim your arrows at Chunt and Veach.

Why Not? 10-14-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13817732)
It literally doesn't matter. If you score 40 points you should win the football game. I don't care if you score them all in the first five minutes of the game. There is absolutely no excuse for losing a game where your offense drops 40 points. Ever.

This. Ask any coach in the league what their record should be if they go into every game with 40 and all of them would say "16-0, dumbass".

PunkinDrublic 10-14-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 13817776)
Mixon is going to destroy shit next week.

Melvin Gordon is better than Mixon and we still beat the Chargers.

ThaVirus 10-14-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 13817673)
Huh? Pat's played like garbage the first 28 mins of the game? You mean they played like garbage and we're still up on us 24-9. What does that say about us?

I don't mean to be rude, but are you ****ing stupid?

TomBarndtsTwin 10-14-2018 10:01 PM

I know we wanna bag on Mahomes first half, but perspective:

Pat has started 7 games in his young NFL career. He has won them all except this one, which was a 3 point loss in New England.

Yeah, he left some points on the field in the first half and made some mistakes, but the kid is 23 years old.

The future is VERY bright. Wouldn’t trade Mahomes for any QB in the league!

Why Not? 10-14-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 13817816)
Its going to be really boring to be a Chiefs fan if we can never criticize anything that Mahomes does... Even Patriots fans will tell you that Brady has had bad games. Its not the end of the world.

Nobody's saying he's perfect. He certainly made mistakes this game, especially an end zone turnover, which is never acceptable. However, he battled back and had an amazing comeback and gave his D a lead with 3 and some change left. They promptly did absolutely nothing to offer any resistance

Sofa King 10-14-2018 10:02 PM

It’s still on Mahomes. He could have changed the whole game. Give the defense a break with the ability to actually use ****ing Hunt.

Sannyasi 10-14-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13817915)
Nobody's saying he's perfect. He certainly made mistakes this game, especially an end zone turnover, which is never acceptable. However, he battled back and had an amazing comeback and gave his D a lead with 3 and some change left. They promptly did absolutely nothing to offer any resistance

Yeah the last few possessions by the D were really disappointing.

Molitoth 10-14-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 13817920)
It’s still on Mahomes. He could have changed the whole game. Give the defense a break with the ability to actually use ****ing Hunt.

ROFL

You have a 23 year old kid in the biggest game of his career against the GOAT QB and HC of all time. He made a couple of mistakes and bounced back to take the lead.

I think your expectations are a little out of control. I feel sorry for your kids.