ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

BourbonMan 10-07-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8989833)
Nick Athan believes Chiefs fans "deserve better".

http://www.foxsportsnext.com/nfl/kan....20121007.html

THIS X'S A 100000000000000!!!!!!!!

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 8989760)
My 2 cents, the Casselhoff, has been ridden hard. Time to amp up the anti-Pioli sentiment. As humans, we need to ignore Cassel and let him heal. The real issue now is mgmt and we need change there.

We need to think long term here with this effort...now that this week is done, we need to amp up steam for the MOvement in general, how fans are tired of Pioli, the coaches, not winning for 19 years etc....

This really isn't about Matt Cassel anymore. This is be reigniting the Chiefs legacy and re-discovering the "Kansas City Way"

I'm not sure I agree.

If Pioli returns we need to make it as uncomfortable as possible for him to bring Cassel back.

I have a feeling Casshole will be back starting against the Raiders.

Cave Johnson 10-07-2012 07:11 PM

Wording on the last banner sucked. Gotta tighten that shit up for next time.

Quote:

Not exactly a heartening game on the day Chiefs fans flew a banner over Arrowhead Stadium that read, "We deserve better, fire Pioli, bench Cassel." Strangely enough, the unspoken part of that banner would have to be the coda, "for Brady Quinn,"
http://deadspin.com/5949653/the-colt...fl-gif-roundup

luv 10-07-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 8989760)
My 2 cents, the Casselhoff, has been ridden hard. Time to amp up the anti-Pioli sentiment. As humans, we need to ignore Cassel and let him heal. The real issue now is mgmt and we need change there.

We need to think long term here with this effort...now that this week is done, we need to amp up steam for the MOvement in general, how fans are tired of Pioli, the coaches, not winning for 19 years etc....

This really isn't about Matt Cassel anymore. This is be reigniting the Chiefs legacy and re-discovering the "Kansas City Way"

I think you should go with something leaning a bit more positive next time. There's money for multiple banners. Take the edge off from the naysayers of the first banner, and show that chiefsplanet.com isn't just a bunch of assholes (even though it is). :)

Just my two cents, which shouldn't matter, as I haven't donated anything financially.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 07:26 PM

The next banner should read:

Cassel injured? Nice blocking, Winston! MVP!

Raiderhader 10-07-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8989937)
The next banner should read:

Cassel injured? Nice blocking, Winston! MVP!

Heh

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 07:29 PM

If you want to be positive, and funny, and critical of the Patriotard regime all at the same time:

WE MISS YOU CARL. THANKS 4 THE MEMORIES.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-07-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8989962)
If you want to be positive, and funny, and critical of the Patriotard regime all at the same time:

WE MISS YOU CARL. THANKS 4 THE MEMORIES.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! 1

A Salt Weapon 10-07-2012 07:39 PM

"1-4, Our choice to be a fan, huh? Okay."

Cephalic Trauma 10-07-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8989529)
ITS PAST TIME. FIRE PIOLI. FIRE CRENNEL.

Nothing else needs said.

Please add: And **** ALL CAPS DEB!

KCjustin 10-07-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8989962)
If you want to be positive, and funny, and critical of the Patriotard regime all at the same time:

WE MISS YOU CARL. THANKS 4 THE MEMORIES.

Love this.

pr_capone 10-07-2012 07:53 PM

Hey all. Just got home. Dead tired and pissed the **** off. **** Crennel and his blindly sticking with Kasl. **** Pioli.

We are turning the ****ing heat up.

qabbaan 10-07-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 8989891)
Wording on the last banner sucked. Gotta tighten that shit up for next time.



http://deadspin.com/5949653/the-colt...fl-gif-roundup

That's what I'm talking about.

Cassel has played himself out of the job. They just (however erroneously) feel they have no other viable options.

The message needs to be about Pioli and Pioli alone.

Cut off the head of the snake and the body will die, so to speak. Cassel, Crennel, etc will be swept out if we pull the linchpin

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8990066)
Hey all. Just got home. Dead tired and pissed the **** off. **** Crennel and his blindly sticking with Kasl. **** Pioli.

We are turning the ****ing heat up.

Ready to rock.

Smed1065 10-07-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8990066)
Hey all. Just got home. Dead tired and pissed the **** off. **** Crennel and his blindly sticking with Kasl. **** Pioli.

We are turning the ****ing heat up.

In.

Not in a good money spot but I cannot afford to not contribute.

$20.12 for the year it changed-LOL

I also pledge $1 per Cassel turnover/interception from here on out.

lewdog 10-07-2012 08:15 PM

Next Banner


Fire Pioli, Bench Cassel and STFU Winston!

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 08:17 PM

Probably need to put PETERSON in the banner with CARL so people who have no idea who CARL is will get it.

007 10-07-2012 08:18 PM

Damnit Carl!!! We actually miss you now.

hometeam 10-07-2012 08:19 PM

Needs to say something having to do with how the fanbase has kept our part of the bargain, now time for team to do the same. I just cant think of any clever 42 letter quip~

lewdog 10-07-2012 08:19 PM

I am in for donation on the next idea. Not much but something.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 08:23 PM

SCOTT PIOLI - GIVING CHIEFS FANS CONCUSSIONS SINCE 2009

Smed1065 10-07-2012 08:28 PM

Off Pioli, Fire Cassel-Watch American Football.

Dartgod 10-07-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8989833)
Nick Athan believes Chiefs fans "deserve better".

http://www.foxsportsnext.com/nfl/kan....20121007.html

Real original headline there Nick. What a POS. :shake:

KCjustin 10-07-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8990161)
Needs to say something having to do with how the fanbase has kept our part of the bargain, now time for team to do the same. I just cant think of any clever 42 letter quip~

Fans care & want respectable organization fire GM

kcbubb 10-07-2012 08:44 PM

How about, Hire Bill Cowher for HC & GM!

DaFace 10-07-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 8990268)
How about, Hire Bill Cowher for HC & GM!

After his comments today? Yuck.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 08:51 PM

All this modern technology available to us and not one clear shot of the banner yet?

DaFace 10-07-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8990287)
All this modern technology available to us and not one clear shot of the banner yet?

I was wondering the same thing. Did nobody take anything other than a cell phone to the game or something?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-07-2012 09:01 PM

Dear Clark....www.saveourchiefs.com

Bugeater 10-07-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8990287)
All this modern technology available to us and not one clear shot of the banner yet?

It's not like the thing was flying 10 feet above the parking lot.

dmahurin 10-07-2012 09:22 PM

For the next one how about, "Clark, your dad would not take this"

Iowanian 10-07-2012 09:24 PM

His dad took this the same way as Clark.


Remember the 70s? Remember the 80s? Remember most of the last 20 years?

BossChief 10-07-2012 09:29 PM

The next Banner should read:

PLAYERS: YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN CASSEL

or something of the sort

DaFace 10-07-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8990433)
The next Banner should read:

PLAYERS: YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN CASSEL

or something of the sort

Change it to Pioli, and I'm in.

BossChief 10-07-2012 09:35 PM

PLAYERS: WE ALL DESERVE BETTER THAN PIOLI

that's 41 characters

BossChief 10-07-2012 09:36 PM

IMO it has to be something that shows how much we support the players (except Cassel, of course)

Kyle DeLexus 10-07-2012 09:40 PM

WE STILL LOVE OUR CHIEFS! FIRE PIOLI

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8990433)
T
PLAYERS: YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN CASSEL

This is beautiful.

Wholeheartedly endorse this.

It has a lot of meaning, too, after Winston's outburst.

bench_cassel 10-07-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 8990404)
For the next one how about, "Clark, your dad would not take this"

carl peterson?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-07-2012 09:43 PM

Somewhere Carl Peterson is laughing his ass off

Kyle DeLexus 10-07-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8990433)
The next Banner should read:

PLAYERS: YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN CASSEL

or something of the sort

While we all agree that Cassel is a bum, I disagree with GoChiefs on the timing of this message after the Winston comments.

The entire country now knows we dislike Cassel, future banners should go after Pioli.

I do agree that a positive message to the players would be a good thing.

BossChief 10-07-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8990546)
While we all agree that Cassel is a bum, I disagree with GoChiefs on the timing of this message after the Winston comments.

The entire country now knows we dislike Cassel, future banners should go after Pioli.

I do agree that a positive message to the players would be a good thing.

That statement clearly IS a shot at Pioli.

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 09:48 PM

How about this for a message:

"THE FANS AREN'T THE REASON THE CHIEFS HAVEN'T WON A PLAYOFF GAME SINCE 1993"

Buehler445 10-07-2012 09:49 PM

I think we need to run the Save Our Chiefs mantra.

SAVE OUR CHIEFS! FIRE PIOLI!

26 Characters.

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 09:51 PM

Or simply: "CLARK: SAVE OUR CHIEFS."

BossChief 10-07-2012 09:52 PM

We need to show that we support the troops (the players), even though we are against the war (Piolis ego that is tearing down this franchise at a feverish pace).

I'm a CHIEFS fan through and through and Pioli, Cassel and company aren't Chiefs.

Not in my book, anyway.

Mr. Arrowhead 10-07-2012 09:52 PM

how bout this:
"Cassel, how's the head. Now Retire please"

Munson 10-07-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8990569)
I think we need to run the Save Our Chiefs mantra.

SAVE OUR CHIEFS! FIRE PIOLI!

26 Characters.

I like it. Simple and to the point.

The message MUST be directed at Pioli. He's the one who's brought in all these shitty players, starting with his hand-picked QB.

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 09:58 PM

"GET WELL SOON MATT. BUT PLEASE DON'T PLAY."

ghak99 10-07-2012 09:59 PM

KSHB just run some pretty good footage of the banner.

Bowser 10-07-2012 10:03 PM

"MORE CASSEL? LOL FML"

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 10:04 PM

"GET WELL SOON, MATT. NOT."

"HEY MATT, HOW'S THE HEAD? LOL"

"ERIC WINSTON? MORE LIKE ERIC WHINES-A-TON"

GloryDayz 10-07-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 8990404)
For the next one how about, "Clark, your dad would not take this"

Well he sure did! It's not like Lamar demanded much more! Two words.....silver market! Yeah they whole Hunt family is pure greed and excess!

Titty Meat 10-07-2012 10:15 PM

41 news showed the banner flying and talked about it like 20 mins ago

Molitoth 10-07-2012 10:15 PM

FIRE PIOLI ~ BECAUSE WE CARE

Bearcat 10-07-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 8990621)
KSHB just run some pretty good footage of the banner.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...007_231456.jpg

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 10:19 PM

NICE

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 10:20 PM

Its my new desktop background.

tdurden58 10-07-2012 10:21 PM

I think it was a good effort on the boards part and give props to you guys for putting the banner together and trying to do something, but lets face it. .
it was as big of a fail as the chiefs. .a barely visible wordy banner before the game?. .

Didnt really do much considering the seats were still filled. . parking was still paid for, beer and food were still bought. .

If the fans are serious about making a statement they need to make changes and that includes giving up going to one of the precious home games .. until that happens you're all really just making urselves look as bad as the chiefs. .

to put this all on Cassel and call him out is ridiculous. . he blows but so does every other aspect of this organization. .

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdurden58 (Post 8990695)
I think it was a good effort on the boards part and give props to you guys for putting the banner together and trying to do something, but lets face it. .
it was as big of a fail as the chiefs. .a barely visible wordy banner before the game?. .

Didnt really do much considering the seats were still filled. . parking was still paid for, beer and food were still bought. .

If the fans are serious about making a statement they need to make changes and that includes giving up going to one of the precious home games .. until that happens you're all really just making urselves look as bad as the chiefs. .

to put this all on Cassel and call him out is ridiculous. . he blows but so does every other aspect of this organization. .

It has been mentioned in local and national news. That is the effect, not the banner itself.

Molitoth 10-07-2012 10:23 PM

the banner was more effort than you put in. Gtfo

the banner was fuel to the fire. Today was beautiful because change is inevitable.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 10:25 PM

here come a gif

tdurden58 10-07-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8990698)
It has been mentioned in local and national news. That is the effect, not the banner itself.

Yes but most people arent viewing it as a good thing. . calling out one player on a banner is childish and makes the fans look bad. .

Its not like its breaking news that a 1-4 teams fans are unhappy. .

Maybe good for chiefs planet and some egos, but will change nothing. .

Its a step in the direction, but i think it was poorly executed . .

Like i said i respect the movement and you guys trying to do something, but if ur going to do it. . go all in or dont do it at all. .

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdurden58 (Post 8990707)
Yes but most people arent viewing it as a good thing. . calling out one player on a banner is childish and makes the fans look bad. .

Its not like its breaking news that a 1-4 teams fans are unhappy. .

Maybe good for chiefs planet and some egos, but will change nothing. .

Its a step in the direction, but i think it was poorly executed . .

Like i said i respect the movement and you guys trying to do something, but if ur going to do it. . go all in or dont do it at all. .

I am done with the troll. Next.

Raiderhader 10-07-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdurden58 (Post 8990707)
Yes but most people arent viewing it as a good thing. . calling out one player on a banner is childish and makes the fans look bad. .

The fans have been made to look bad for decades now, by the very team we love. They have rewarded our loyalty with embarrassment over and over. I think our egos are a little too shot to care much about how we look at this point.

Quote:

but if ur going to do it. . go all in or dont do it at all. .
You aren't very familiar with ChiefsPlanet, are you?

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 10:38 PM

For ****'s sake don't put these in your sigs, they're both over 1.3 MB.

http://i.imgur.com/8mtIR.gif

http://i.imgur.com/dn5I2.gif

tdurden58 10-07-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8990701)
the banner was more effort than you put in. Gtfo

True enough. . I just dont think it will spark any change. . but i guess it is better than nothing ..

I just think bigger things need to happen in order for change to take place. . maybe this is the beginning. . i hope so. . im losing hope with this POS orginization. .

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-07-2012 10:41 PM

durden...with 75,000 followers on Twitter and over 2000 likes on FB in 7 DAYS, the movement will go forward. We will spread the word to the masses and continue to demand change. We will speak until we are horse.

Phase 2 involves a local KC vendor printing and selling t-shirts and possibly hoodies. WEAR THESE TO THE GAMES! PUT THE MESSAGE INSIDE THE STADIUM.

We will have another banner flying. We will enable ways to communicate our frustration in a capacity that our voice can't be silenced.

We love the players but with Pioli in charge and this coaching staff, we'll never amount to shit.

L.A. Chieffan 10-07-2012 10:41 PM

Should've spelt Cassell with two LLs

Molitoth 10-07-2012 10:42 PM

we hit ESPN, NFL.com, yahoo sports, CBS, fox, NBC, etc.

I'd say the banner was an excellent starting point.

teedubya 10-07-2012 10:42 PM

The whole point TURDen58, is to show displeasure to Clark so the he doesn't extend Pioli this year. next year is his final season as GM on this contract... we don't want it renewed. Thus, our voicing our opinions WILL result in our desired outcome.

Get a clue.

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 8990751)
durden...with 75,000 followers on Twitter and over 2000 likes on FB in 7 DAYS, the movement will go forward. We will spread the word to the masses and continue to demand change. We will speak until we are horse.

Phase 2 involves a local KC vendor printing and selling t-shirts and possibly hoodies. WEAR THESE TO THE GAMES! PUT THE MESSAGE INSIDE THE STADIUM.

We will have another banner flying. We will enable ways to communicate our frustration in a capacity that our voice can't be silenced.

We love the players but with Pioli in charge and this coaching staff, we'll never amount to shit.

You should print the t-shirts on demand and donate the proceeds to an advertising campaign for billboards and stuff. I would buy one.

teedubya 10-07-2012 10:43 PM

For my 5500th post. I'd like to say **** YOU PIOLI.

NJChiefsFan 10-07-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8990754)
we hit ESPN, NFL.com, yahoo sports, CBS, fox, NBC, etc.

I'd say the banner was an excellent starting point.

Exactly. The American Revolution may have effectively ended in Yorktown, but it didn't start there.

teedubya 10-07-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 8990751)
durden...with 75,000 followers on Twitter and over 2000 likes on FB in 7 DAYS, the movement will go forward. We will spread the word to the masses and continue to demand change. We will speak until we are horse.

Phase 2 involves a local KC vendor printing and selling t-shirts and possibly hoodies. WEAR THESE TO THE GAMES! PUT THE MESSAGE INSIDE THE STADIUM.

We will have another banner flying. We will enable ways to communicate our frustration in a capacity that our voice can't be silenced.

We love the players but with Pioli in charge and this coaching staff, we'll never amount to shit.

DON'T Print them up. Use CafePress or Zazzle for one off prints.... lest you be sitting on tons of unpurchased merch. Ask Phobia or DTebbe about it.

Don't reinvent the wheel.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-07-2012 10:45 PM

Thats 100% the goal. I'm on the phone tomorrow with a vendor in KC who wants to help out.

Would love to find a few outlets in the Overland Park/Lenexa area to sell these as well as on the KC side.

Any ideas?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8990757)
You should print the t-shirts on demand and donate the proceeds to an advertising campaign for billboards and stuff. I would buy one.


Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 10:47 PM

Do we seriously have 75,000 twitter followers? LMAO

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 10:47 PM

Holy ****. LMAO

We could ****ing pass the Chiefs twitter account.

AND FILL ARROWHEAD

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 8990767)
Thats 100% the goal. I'm on the phone tomorrow with a vendor in KC who wants to help out.

Would love to find a few outlets in the Overland Park/Lenexa area to sell these as well as on the KC side.

Any ideas?

Seems that mr. Teedubs has a good idea for you. Its like double advertising, though. You get t-shirts in stadiums and billboards or tv commercials or something from the proceeds above cost.

Bearcat 10-07-2012 10:55 PM

Here's the video...

http://youtu.be/Euh4ufbOX5Y

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Euh4ufbOX5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.