ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338133)

staylor26 08-22-2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 16423330)
I mean the way i view that draft is a lot of high floor contributors, and this is the one where Veach said "Jesus look at this guy. Kpass with better athleticism. Time to roll the dice." You took likely contributors in Bolton and Creed then turned around for upside swings on Kaindoh and Gray. The pick i didnt get even for a 5th rounder was Cornell Powell. I just never saw it at all. The rest i could at least envision the upside.

Yea and to add to that context, EDGE was a huge position of need that they missed out on early. When that happens, you might as well take a huge swing on that position on day 3.

Dunerdr 08-22-2022 12:59 PM

Edge is always a good spot to take a chance. It's hard to find "the guy" outside the first and its almost always the early first. If he gets cut today id say its slightly worse than Kpass and still ahead of speaks on pass rush wiffs.

JPH83 08-22-2022 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 16423317)
An end of the 4th round pick, who has prototypical size and speed? Also coming from a college whos been notorious for not developing talent. Thats the exact kind of swing good Gm's make. Was there someone there at that pick you felt like secured us last seasons super bowl?

Yeah sure, swing away on the length. I'm not sure the "college notorious for not developing talent" is a good argument for the pick, is it? This is the stuff I don't get, it's not a great pick because it wasn't a good evaluation of his actual rather than imagined talents. As you say, not a huge deal in R4. But no-one's suggesting it's a good pick.

As for better players, sure, Trey Smith was better at that pick. Good on Veach for holding his nerve I guess. I could say Nate Hobbs but actually I liked Tay Gowan and Thomas Graham and they seem to have been turd. I think we can admit a bad pick without pretending we're GM material.

staylor26 08-22-2022 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 16423415)
Yeah sure, swing away on the length. I'm not sure the "college notorious for not developing talent" is a good argument for the pick, is it? This is the stuff I don't get, it's not a great pick because it wasn't a good evaluation of his actual rather than imagined talents. As you say, not a huge deal in R4. But no-one's suggesting it's a good pick.

As for better players, sure, Trey Smith was better at that pick. Good on Veach for holding his nerve I guess. I could say Nate Hobbs but actually I liked Tay Gowan and Thomas Graham and they seem to have been turd. I think we can admit a bad pick without pretending we're GM material.

But if every day 3 pick that doesn't work out is a "bad pick", then the overwhelming majority of day 3 picks are bad picks.

JPH83 08-22-2022 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16423421)
But if every day 3 pick that doesn't work out is a "bad pick", then the overwhelming majority of day 3 picks are bad picks.

It's "not a great pick". Think that's fair. Maybe a "meh pick" maybe not a "bad pick". But yeah I get the point, you're not getting lots of great picks in later rounds. Good chance he contributes nothing at all at this stage though.

staylor26 08-22-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 16423436)
It's "not a great pick". Think that's fair. Maybe a "meh pick" maybe not a "bad pick". But yeah I get the point, you're not getting lots of great picks in later rounds. Good chance he contributes nothing at all at this stage though.

Fair enough.